PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Lol everyone he's comfy where he is :( as for rasp berry leaf tea my mw banned me from having it as my last 2 labours were shorter than 3 hrs

Patiently waiting for baby Birchall now with a big box of malteasers lol

Any signs heva?

34 week bump :)

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/262204_2190354123561_1388356992_2587398_331751_n.jpg

Nice bump Sequeena.

Thought I'd copy and paste the latest from our dealing with the hospital.

Here goes:-

Basically the head of women’s service phoned last night clearly annoyed and upset. Right from the outset she’s been incredibly sorry for what happened to Archie and really embraced the idea of Rob and myself being involved in the new policy. We both felt that if we were onboard we could try and make sure no other parents had to go through what we did and that the policy really would pay the due care and attention Angel parents deserve.

We’ve already been in one meeting which went really well, the only person who was obstructive and rude was the bereavement midwife. The next meeting should be with histopathology, we’d been asked by head of women’s services to attend as she thought we would have more impact than ever she could have. Keep in mind since knowing we would be attending this I have read information that no Angel mummy should have to read, this was my choice as I didn’t want them to try and baffle me with science, I wanted to go in prepared so I would be doing the best for Archie and other babies like him.

Now all of a sudden the legal department and histopathology don’t want us there. They’re claiming its for sensitivity issues. I think the head of women’s services is so angry that she stormed into the office of her boss and said “we weren’t being very sensitive when we put their baby in formaldehyde, why start now!!!!!” She basically said she could get in trouble for phoning me, but felt it was her duty to let us know how things are going. She’s now prepared a letter stating that in the professional guidelines it states a service user should be part of the team that devise a policy, well I think that’s us!!!

I’m so pissed off as we choose not to go down any legal route (even though solicitors thought we may have a case), also I’ve never named the hospital publicly or to anybody like SANDS etc. We always felt that by allowing us to be part of this it was almost part of an unwritten deal that we wouldn’t take it further. Well I’m giving them the opportunity to accept us back on board or that’s it I’m going to get in touch with the solicitors, I’m even prepared to take it to the press and name them. We always thought that when we started writing to other trusts if they wouldn’t listen we may have to go to the press, but always said as our hospital had done the right thing to change things we’d never name them. Yeah right!!!!!!!!

Oh Sassy I can't believe they're back peddaling on you and you've had to read some awful info for what seems like nothing!! Good on that woman for ringing you at least you know someone cares :hugs:

I don't understand how hospitals think they can do whatever they like and sweep it under the carpet, they'd best let you go to that meeting!! Guilty consciences the lot of them!

Photo overload....

Summer's nursery is finished and we are so excited!!

https://gallery.me.com/jimmy.griffin#100053&view=mosaic&sel=0

No signs except a bi more snotty mucus plug oh and my need to sleep all day x

Caroline wow your nursery is so lovely and so organised!! Mine hasn't even got a border or curtains yet :rofl: and probably won't as we will most likely be moving. Bah!

Heva hope he starts getting a move on soon!

Cute Caroline!

We finished ours a few weeks ago and it is totally piled high with junk already ! Can't even see the floor / mat/cot lol!

Caroline I'm so jealous of the beautiful things you can afford!! We don't have a cot for when Atticus outgrows the crib... Saraya had to sleep in a travel cot [which I was constantly told off for by the health visitor because it's bad for their bones] but I couldn't afford one...

Sarah that's freakin' ridiculous!!!! I hope they sort it quickly for you.

Sequeena lovely bump!!

Lol Emmea - i can't be doing with mess so everything has to have a place otherwise i go crazy!
Sequeena - i'm just an organised person ..... i think it's cos i'm a virgo .... and slightly OCD!!

Thanks Eve - but really the furniture apart from the cot was quite cheap as we went to Ikea.

I just can't wait now for her to arrive!

Love to everyone . Xx

P.s - Sassy, that's horrible about the hospital, keep us updated and your chin up. Xx
P.p.s - heva - i have a feeling Baby Birchall will arrive on Sunday! Xx

I'm here and reading, sorry not replying individually so tired and bad bh tonight but BIG love to you all. :hug:

Hope your right lg getting very impatient now lol

LG - gorgeous nursery.

Eve - HV just like to stick their noses in where they're not wanted!!! Don't ever get me started on HV's cos I'll rant forever!!!!!!!!! The travel cot I had for the boys was as supportive as their normal cots.
Do you know I feel really guily now. When we came to move over here I realised we had 3 cots in the loft (2 cot beds, and 1 normal cot) they were all a bit scratched as Rob wasn't very careful in the loft!!!!!! We had that much stuff up there that we refilled the house we'd just emptied of furniture, so we put the cots on the patio while we decided what to do with them, forgot them and they got ruined!!! They would have only needed re-varnishing!!! I'm such a wasteful fool sometimes!!!

Pip sorry you're feeling rubbish :hugs:

Heva of course he's in no rush, he's male lol, hope he hurries up and makes his entrance very soon. xxx

AFM not much to report, still really annoyed with the hospital, if they don't change their minds we're definitely going back to the solicitors and dependent on what they advise the press!
I'm also 10dpo today ;)

Today no signs what so ever feeling fed up and uncomfy with backache :(

I am so uncomfy with backache too. Hugs heva - come on baby! Someone has to go first and it is heva's turn!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->