PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Heva -2cm is great for a sweep! I hope it kicks things off.

Afm - my uterus has been seriously irritable all day - bh every ten or less minutes as well as with every time I or she move. I am also like a slow dripping tap with fluid - particularly with bh but I don't want to go hospital and get checked in case it is wee. Whenever she moves now I feel like I am going to wet myself even if my bladder is empty !!. Lots of sharp stabs on the cervix and mild backache. Still not feeling lucky though!

Kaydon James Birchall was born at 12.41 am baby fine mum doing well after retained placenta and theatre x

Oh wow Heva the sweep worked :yipee: congratulations to you both so happy he is finally here. Hope you recover quickly and you and little Kaydon can come home soon. Thank you for up dating us so glad. Looking forward to the story and pictures. Xxx

CONGRATULATIONS :baby:

What happens when you retain placenta?
My sister says she doesn't recommend having the injection to help expel the placenta as it likely to retain and the midwives pull on the cord to help it out and it can snap off.
What happens in the operating room if this happens?
How long is the recovery after? Etc Etc???

I always thought i would have the injection but since this is my first time i have no clue about anything!
Also, i'm having Summer in the hospital, not at home as my medical conditions can make it dangerous.

Xx

It means part of the placenta is left behind and it's more likely to happen if you don't have the injection at least that's my understanding from last time. I had it and I don't even remember delivering the placenta to be honest. I remember seeing it though it's huge. If the placenta is left behind they literally reach in and scrap it away, you can bleed badly from it and it's done in theatre. It happens sometimes but nothing you should be too worried about :hugs:

Thanks Pip .....
God, everything is so confusing and contradictory!
Xx

Yay heva !!!!!! :happydance:

The oxy injection increases the horemones which encourages speedy delivery if the placenta won't cause retention of the placenta but it does increase your risk of pph - post partum hemmorage. It also messes with your natural birthing horemones a bit. There is no actual reason to have it other than the hospital get you out of the ward quicker. I am not having it. I am not having the cord cut either - not until the placenta is delivered naturally.

I didn't have the injection, the two MW just pushed and massaged my tummy really hard and the next thing there it was!

Just saw Emma's post, I agree Emma I won't be having it and I won't be having the cord cut until it stops pulsing either [something I didn't know about when I had Saraya].
Your body is built to do these things naturally but like Emma said they are just trying to make their lives easier by speeding things up... it's silly really.

Congratulations heva!!! :D

I can't wait to see the placenta, sounds cool.

I stayed all day in my delivery room no pushing me out :haha: in fact my husband had to ask someone if we could go up to the ward (Sam was born 8:44am went to ward at 3pm) :dohh:

Pip I gave birth in my room! I was in the home from home and in the birthing pool in my room so I didn't have to go anywhere! I just had to walk a few steps from the pool to my bed :]

Sequeena the MW was great actually, although I was totally spaced from just giving birth and being exhausted and hungry, she showed me the placenta and the blood vessels and told me what they were and showed me how healthy it was - was really nice!

The placenta is massive was very cool to see, filled a whole metal bowl and they got a ltr of cord blood out as I donated it, which reminds me I'd like to do that again must sort that out.

The placenta is massive was very cool to see, filled a whole metal bowl and they got a ltr of cord blood out as I donated it, which reminds me I'd like to do that again must sort that out.

How do you go about donating it? I'd like to do that too :flower:

I'm not donating mine because I have been reading about delayed cord clamping and how donating blood the same thing happens - there is 30% of the babies blood in the cord and placenta so when you donate the cord blood you're actually donating 30% of your babies blood!!!

Not true at all Aaisrie. Sam's cord was cut immediately (then Simon got to neaten it up on the table) and there was a special lady there that took the placenta and cord away right away in sterile conditions. They put two clamps on and cut in between so no blood from the baby is transferred. It's like any other birth I promise. They couldn't/wouldn't risk mixing/taking 30% of your baby's blood that's a serious amount for anyone to lose let alone a baby. I went to a talk about it when pregnant with Sam and they stressed time and time again no harm or risk is to mother and child and having done it before I'll do it every time. She also came to see me and explain what happened again after the birth and even give me a card to thank me. I was so touched that she was so grateful for something that seems so obvious to do.

I'm 100% for it (you might have gathered that by now :blush:) and God forbid if Sam or his sister needed a bone marrow transplant or developed leukaemia I know I wouldn't think twice about taking someone else's if they were a match. I love the fact that Sam and myself could give a chance of life to another human being by just giving the blood (that would otherwise be thrown away) that came from the cord that gave him life in the first place.

Read this Sequeena and I hope your hospital near you does it :hug: https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/cordblood/index.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->