PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Pip they DO normally throw it away because it's STANDARD practice to clamp early!! You have to specifiy that you want to have delayed cord clamping for them to not cut early. There doesn't seem to be any reason as to why they still clamp early other than "that's the way it's always been done" type thing! I've looked at both sides because I was looking at donating cord blood and definitely want the blood to go back into Atticus. They never even told me about it when I had Saraya, I found the info myself and I find it interesting that MW and Drs are talking about it in articles and why DCC is a good thing for the baby.
<3

Oh my goodness I thought she was coming last night!!! Pains started at dinner, mostly in my back (thought nothing of it though). When I went to bed about 11 I was getting definite contractions. Starting in my back all tight then radiating to my front ending in period type pains for about 30-40 sec. Was so tired though stayed in bed and slept between each one thinking they'll kick up a gear but the stopped thankfully. It's DH's birthday today so lots of people coming over. Feeling awful now and guessing they must be BH but bloody evil ones!!!! First sign I've had it's about to happen. Regular and painful, for about two hours. Simon thinks we're not going to make it to 40 weeks and after last night I might agree with him. Whole body feels sore now and had nausea for two days too!

Oh Pip it could have been stuff getting ready - with Saraya I got REAL contractions the day before just like you describe and the day after when they started up I thought I wasn't in labour because I thought they were gonna tail off again LOL Apparently I've been taking them in my sleep!! I know what you mean about exhausted!!
I hope today goes well - REST LOTS and don't do too much!

Just wanted to say sorry for being absent! Have been browsing on phone!
We all have a terrible tummy bug, which also includes headache. Really don't have energy to sit up and use computer!
Love to you all x

Still here had a couple this afternoon but nothing since so just my body preparing which is nice to know. Maybe it'll be a quicker labour for me. Don't mind when it is but quicker definitely, that would be swell :haha:

Busy day with DH's birthday but all guests gone now. Thinking I'll go to be after Sam has fallen asleep. Tummy not so good this evening either so wondering if it's all connected.

xxx

Feel better sassy! :hugs:

Good luck Pip hope she comes soon!

I've been having some pains myself, deep backache and period pains along with some pains in bump but nothing that I could call regular. I don't really know what I'm looking for though so I can only assume these are bh :wacko:

Also getting baby feet in my ribs more regular, sometimes even the back of my ribcage hurts!

Ohh it is all go in here! I was the same pip yesterday for three hours. Ten mins apart like clockwork. Everyone joked that I would start again after tom's party.

I hate hate hate this phase. Today I can't stand straight at all. I don't know why - maybe my ligaments can support the weight any more.

Come on someone pop!! We need a baby this week!

:rofl: Emma yes we do, maybe we should take bets. I'm going for you, then Aaisrie I think. Sequeena and I coming next but not sure what order followed by LG. I haven't had anymore signs. Finding walking far hard but that's cos she is so damn heavy (I swear she's 9lb already :dohh:).

First day not going to work, very strange felt like I was skipping school or something :dohh: Went shopping and played in the park with friend and her grandkids. Tomorrow Sam is going to childminders so I'm going to the opticians and defrosting the freezer!

Lots and lots of braxton hicks here but that's it! Part of me wishes it would lead to something more, I can't deny it!! :blush: My SIL gave birth 2 days ago and I'm so impatient!

Can you believe it?!? I was in full swing for 6 hours and 5 mins apart. I went for a nap and after trying for two hours I gave up. Literally stopped as soon as I stood up!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think I am going mad!

Emma I've had that a few times too!!

Pip you ARE skipping school hahah

I love skipping school Eve :haha: good job I get to skip the next 9/10 months :yipee:

Today was cut short though, Sam has a runny tummy which I hate to say I'm blaming my friend for. Every time we meet in the park she gives Sam fruit without letting me wash his hands first and EVERY time he gets an upset tummy :dohh: She gives it to him before even asking me or puts me in a situation where she asks but I can't say no as Sam has seen it and her kids are already eating. I know I should be more upfront but I get flustered and then it's too late!!! Anyway meant I had to pick him up from childminders early so I got a 15 minute nap when I was planning a two hour one :growlmad: Thankfully he's playing happily with his cars so not having to entertain much.

Emma commented on FB hun but hope your body decides it's time to start up again tonight. Keep hydrated as dehydration can slow or stop contractions.

Oh god. My parents just dropped my son & dog off after having picked them up this morning during my false labour. They said they won't come again unless it is real!? WTF?! I thought it was real! They live an hour away and still took like two hours to get here in the first place.

So now when I go into labour - my husband will be three hours away, my parents won't bother until I am in established labour. So I have to labor alone with my three year old who needs medical proceedures every 2-3 hours and medicating 5 times a day.

Maybe I should just book myself in for induction when it suits everyone else. I can't do this any more! I know what labor feels like and it felt real. Now no one will be here when I need them ;(

Wow. Nice of your parents. You'd think your mother has never given birth before :roll:

That's incredibly insensitive of them Emma. Six hours of contractions and ANYONE would think it's real. In fact I wouldn't mind betting it was real just it all arrested as it does sometimes. What about you DH's parents and how come your DH won't be there for three hours I thought you said his new job was local? Least once he arrives he can look after Tom while you do the early bit. Feel for you Hun. Xxx

His parents live in Peterborough. He works on a ship locally but if it is leaving port it won't return for three hours.

I have done everything I can to get this girl moving again and nothing but twinges, bad bh, period cramps, hot flushes and yellow goo. Tomorrow mike goes back to work too:(

My parents suck! How am I supposed to know when it isnt going to stop? Unless my waters go - which still doesn't mean much! Plus they honestly believe he won't need to stay overnight! They were going to sort out the spare room for him which is just a junk room but haven't. It is piled high with the contents of their attic from a year ago and doesn't have any furniture in it. I think I will just give birth with him home with me and perhaps prime the community nurse in case I can't do it. The dog will just have to be locked up. So flipping angry.

Thank you guys xxx

:hug: Emma, try not to worry too much although I know you are, somehow these things work out. And you know what, if you parents get called again I bet they come straight away. :hugs: Do you have a local friend who can help out for the first few hours?

No because they have to be trained to catheter. Thanks pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->