PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Just had a phone call mw appointment booked for Sunday :yipee: 9am.

God, my back dunt half ache!
Jimmy keeps saying we are going to have a 10lb baby cos he was 9lb something.......!

Hahahhahaha, my Dad was 10.5 and my uncle was 11 needless to say I was worried but Sam was 8lb 8oz

Em what everyone is saying is true. Not only that but seeing hb at that stage automatically takes your chance of MC DOWN to 5-10% (at 12w people are normally in the clear as it's 5% then!!!) serious - heartbeat = fantastic!!!!

Afm I'm getting out tomorrow, Ive got my ketones down to 0!!! Wooooo

I still think we are lucky! I don't think you have seen much to worry about embo. A heartbeat has to be good. Try and relax for the next week - I know that is easier said than done. Xx

Congrats on everyone's good news!

My scan went great once I got in the room and everything was fine! Roll on 16 wk scan!

I am now due 11 July too! My private scan dated me the same as that - so that it shall be!

Em what everyone is saying is true. Not only that but seeing hb at that stage automatically takes your chance of MC DOWN to 5-10% (at 12w people are normally in the clear as it's 5% then!!!) serious - heartbeat = fantastic!!!!

Great news! :happydance:

i don't think i could hack 8 lb never mind anymore.....i'm quite small, 5 foot 3.5 and was 8 stone 5 when i got pregnant.....and something else is quite small too!!! Plus i'm a poof and cannot take pain.....er, what am i doing again??!! Hahahaha!

I still think we are lucky! I don't think you have seen much to worry about embo. A heartbeat has to be good. Try and relax for the next week - I know that is easier said than done. Xx

My scan went great once I got in the room and everything was fine! Roll on 16 wk scan!

I am now due 11 July too! My private scan dated me the same as that - so that it shall be!

Fantastic news EMMEA!! :cloud9:

I have no idea what ours will turn out to be .... OH doesn't know his birthweight and I was 5lbs 1 ounce because I was 6 weeks early :wacko:

Great news! :happydance:

Well done you!!!! :happydance:

Congratulations hon :yipee:

Did they measure the nuchal fold?

Congratulations on your scan Emmea12uk, just seen your picture on facebook, lovely xxx

Embo78 I'm sure everything will be fine, lots of positive thoughts xxx

Aaisrie hope you're feeling better and are home soon xxx

Pippin glad you're colposcopy went well, I had problems back in 1997 had CIN 3 and had to have a large chunk of my cervix removed, its a nightmare isn't it. I did a lot of research and most cervical problems left untreated would return to normal but if at a certain level they always treat just in case. Always here if you need to talk xxx

LittleGriffin my boys weights were DS#1 4lb 8oz (6wks early), DS# 8lb 5oz and DS#3 9lb 13 1/2oz. I had a c-section with the 4lb 8oz son and the other two were delivered vaginally, believe me the bigger they are the easier they are to push out, I promise! xxx

Finally a picture from our scan today.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 5
Oh forgot to say, I told my mum when we left hospital. I'm 39 years old and anybody would think I'm 14. She called me a bloody idiot and said I must be stupid. Then again that's typical her!!!

Congratulations SassyLou so pleased it went well. Did they get a nuchal fold measurement? Sorry your Mum wasn't quite as supportive as she should be. I'm sure it was just a shock but it's your life and how wonderful you are giving life to another.

Congrats hon fab news all is well. Lovely picture.

No they didn't do NT measurement. We had a long chat with a midwife first and decided against it, even if our risk had come back high (which it may well have done because of my age) I wouldn't have gone for amnio or cvs and wouldn't terminated because of Downs. I don't like tests which give a risk rather than a definite yes or no and she explained that they worked out your risk from a combination of NT, blood test, age etc.

She did say they would look in detail anyway and would let us know if there was something serious. I said I would only terminate if there was something wrong that would mean the baby wouldn't survive.

The sonographer did say she was glad we weren't having it done as she would have struggled to measure it as the baby was on its head kicking its legs!!!

As for my mother she can be quite a bitch, she is and always has been obsessed with my eldest son and nothing else really matters. Robs parents are nightmares too, it's been so much better since we moved away from them all :thumbup:

I totally agree with, if we don't get one this time because I'm late booking in I'm not bothered although if I do get one then I'll try to get the measurement. I wouldn't abort either unless it was something fatal like you said. I'm just interested as I'm 32 this year, I know the risks start around now. Just nice to know all is well for this stage.

Sorry about both your folks being difficult. I've been blessed both sides and I feel very lucky. It's upsetting I'm sure, like they say you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family :dohh:

I went thinking the same as you that I'd probably get in done, but the more I thought about it the more I decided I don't want something done that gives you a risk factor, the midwife asked if I'd had the protein marker blood tests done when I had the boys (they didn't do NT then) and I'd refused them because they only gave a risk factor, made me realise I didn't really want it doing. I know quite a few people who've come back high risk, go through weeks of worrying, an amnio, only to find out everything was ok.

Rob's parents are happy about the pregnancy, but that's the problem, my MIL is an interfering witch, they were terrible parents who did nothing with their kids other than leave them while they went out drinking (my DH was babysitting for his then 3 yr old brother when he was 9). They try and tell us what to do and try and re-live what they missed with their own kids with mine. But when your MIL is on the phone telling your 12 year old on xmas day how much wine and whisky she's got and how much she's going to drink you keep away!!! They came and watched George a week after his op while we finished xmas shopping. When we got home they'd encouraged him to hide under the table, bear in mind this is a child who's struggling with spacial awareness since his eye op and can't blink if anything goes to poke him in the eye!!!

Congratulations hon :yipee:

Did they measure the nuchal fold?

Thank you!!
Nope. I don't want to know about abnormalities I can't do anything about as I would never abort no matter what.

I think the same sassylou, a risk factor isn't worth stressing out. If it were definate then I might prepare myself. But I just want a normal healthy pregnancy for once, even if I have to cope with another disabled child at the end.

I didn't say earlier because I felt stupid, but if I can't tell you ladies who can I tell?

When I got to my scan and saw the waiting room I nearly threw up and fainted. For a second or two I could see myself sat there with my mother three years ago after just been asked to terminate Tom due to his sb. I felt like I was right back there again and felt all the emotions:( I am crying now just remembering how I felt seeing that room. Thankfully they called me into a different scan room where I could relax.

But now I am petrified of going back for my fetal med scan. I don't want to see that room and I don't want my world to crash again:( I wish I could get a sneak peak privately first so at least I know it is ok

I wish I never had to go to that waiting room again!:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->