PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Sassy :cry: Oh hun I don't know what to say :( I'm so sorry :(

My OH has really hurt me. We were talking about male midwives and I said I won't want one because of my past abuse... apparently that's 'sexist' and what would I do if there was only a male midwife?

I'm so mad and hurt about it... so because the trial is over (which I LOST) I should be fine. I should just forget 10 years of sexual abuse and get on with things. :cry:

There's not a lot anyone can say to me really, but you all being here is such a comfort and help.

I don't really know what to say to you either, other than to tell you that my eldest son's father was abusive, it included sexual abuse, I was with him 3 years from the age of 15. And as I said my mum says the cruelest of things, one of the many things she's had ago about is me and my ex, of course its all my fault and I should get over it. I think these people just don't understand, I suppose its difficult if you haven't been through it. I don't think anyone realises the long term feelings it leaves you with. I'm really sorry you lost your trial, sometimes the world just feels so full of injustice doesn't it?

xxx

Awww sequeena I understand your reason and I think it's very valid. Sorry you're feeling sad. :hugs:

Sassy you post away hon and can only echo what everyone has said. Xxxx

I feel better now, think I overreacted slightly but Sassy you're right, they just don't get it :( it's like being depressed and people tell you to just 'snap' out of it :(

I was devastated when we lost the trial... but I found out about the pregnancy the same day. Silver linings and all that x

I hate feeling like a liar though.

Sassy- here's a list of home remedies you can use:

Put Parsley in your food- Sage tea- Peppermint and spearmint tea- all used to dry up milk supply.

Cabbage can also be used to help dry it up- not only to eat steamed cabbage,
but to take steamed whole leaves(only steam them a little bit, so they still have form, then let them cool completely) and "bind" you breasts with them inside a sports bra or ace bandage/injury wrap of some kind.

Stay away from Fenugreek, raspberry, and brewer's yeast (that includes beer!) and oatmeal, as these all promote milk supply

Take pseudoephedrine--120 mg/day, a decongestant.
research shows that it can decrease milk supply by as much as 24%. (found in Sudafed, Actifed)

If you get any flu symptoms and/or your breasts become rock hard and hot to the touch, go to the Dr, you need antibiotics!

I feel better now, think I overreacted slightly but Sassy you're right, they just don't get it :( it's like being depressed and people tell you to just 'snap' out of it :(

I was devastated when we lost the trial... but I found out about the pregnancy the same day. Silver linings and all that x

I hate feeling like a liar though.

You are not overreacting at all. Won't go into it too much now but I know someone who's been accused of abuse by his grandaughter, my mother is sticking up for him (we had an arguement about this last Tuesday, and you wonder why keep falling out) and I was saying to Rob for all the therapy I've had (only in last couple of years, kept it bottle up for years) if it comes into my mind it makes me feel yucky and its over 20 years ago. I was saying that the man who's been accused by his grandaughter has impacted on her for the rest of her life.
I know you're not a liar, and I'm sure other people do as well. Just think you know the truth and so does God!
Love to you, PM me if you ever want to talk about things (I'm in a place at long last where I'm as at peace with the abuse I suffered as I think I'll ever be and am quite happy to talk to other people now, if it helps them)

Hi everyone,

Jimmy has had a surprise holiday booked for us since last year.
All i know is we will be flying for roughly 8 hours. I have spoken to the Midwife and doctors who have both said to drink lots of water, get up and walk every hour and wear flight socks to prevent DVT. One Doctor said to take Aspirin 24hours before we fly and on the morning of the flight also. They seem to think everything will be fine but Jimmy has been doing some research and it seems other Doctors think Aspirin makes no difference and the way things are worded makes it seem like something is bound to go wrong.

Before this pregnancy i miscarried at roughly 5 weeks and caught again straight away with no AF in between, as you all know. We had a holiday to Italy booked during that time and cancelled it as we were scared but i miscarried before the date we were due to go anyway.

You know we have had our 12week scan - everything was great and we have just got our results back today that put us in the Low Risk for abnormalities - 1 in 4400.

I guess i'm just looking for some advice ..... Please help!!

We are going sometime this month so i will be at least 16weeks if not more.

Eve - your bump still looks like mine but your slimmer :) looks good on you for a number 2 - I am expecting mine to grow less upfront this time!

LG you'll be fine flying, not sure I'd bother with the asprin but do walk around and drink lots. Oh and HAVE FUN!!! :winkwink: Enjoy hon you won't get many more peaceful holidays :hugs:

Hi Caroline,

I think if you're comfortable with going then you should go, particularly if your midwife and doctor are saying its safe. There are lots of people who fly when pregnant without having any problems. And the one thing I've learnt is that it doesn't matter how perfectly you do things it doesn't always work. I've never had a pregnancy where I've followed guidlines so well and been so incredibly careful, and looked what happened to us. If I was you I'd have a lovely holiday with your dear husband, I'm sure things will be ok.

To Everyone

I have been thinking about all saying about me putting a picture of Archie on here, the only thing I'm aware of is that as I delivered him he came out sideways (bless him), he caught his head on his way out a pulled the top layer of his skin off (I'm making this sound so much more gruesome than it is), its only the top layer (he still does have skin on his head) but it just means his head is a slightly different colour and you can vaguely make out the shape of the bone plates in his skull. I don't mind he's still my beautiful boy, I did torture myself at first that I'd hurt him, but of course it couldn't be helped.

Then if none of you mind that I've been thinking if I can't share it with you lot who can I share it with? If you're all ok with it I will post, althought it may only be for a short time.

xxx

Caroline I agree with what Pip said!!

Emmea - "Get hyperemesis, lose weight easily" LOL I'm still about 4lb under my pre-pregnancy weight! I'm only about 8 stone 13lb [125lb] and I'm 5ft6 so I'm still easily fitting into a size 8 on bottom, my bump and boobs are a bit big for them on top though lol <3

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry you felt/feel that way!! I'm sure he is a total stunner. He's still our first born and it would be an honour to see him <3

Sassy - We would love to see him. x

Thanks for all the replies everyone, think we were just panicking a bit!! Jimmy and i have said all through this pregnancy that we are not going to stop doing things cos we are scared as where would that end? So we have come to the conclusion that we are going to go and have a lovely time because in the end we can't stop or change anything happening anyway.

I only have 1 issue now ......... what the hell do you pack for a holiday to an unknown destination???????

Ok, it may not be here for very long xxx

He's about 4 to 5 inches long, I think he looks like he's sleeping on this one xxx

Attachments

• 30012011118.jpg
    30012011118.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 12
Shit!

Has anyone heard from Megg lately??? I was just looking on the bump pics page and this was at the bottom of her ticker????

Mourning Baby Ixxy... Lost Feb 2, 2011!

I'm really worried....

Shit!

Has anyone heard from Megg lately??? I was just looking on the bump pics page and this was at the bottom of her ticker????

Mourning Baby Ixxy... Lost Feb 2, 2011!

I'm really worried....

Oh no, hadn't read that far down, poor Meg.
xxx

Sassy - I don't know what to say:( eve said it all so well. :hugs:

Littlegriff - flying is perfectly safe. I flew with my son lots. I did take aspirin though as I am high risk dvt. You should definitely go - it is the last time in a while you will be able to enjoy a holiday without a babe.

I've just been on facebook and Meg has put it there. I'm absolutely gutted for her, after all she's been through.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->