PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Been to hospital they not sure what was causing lose of fluid (which has now stopped) cervix closed hb strong so going to scan me weds and measure fluid round little man just gotto take it easy and go start back if I lose any more x x

Glad everything is ok and baby is fine. Must be such a relief. x

Glad it's ok Heva, I'm very leaky but thankfully it's not fluid it's mostly watery cm and wee which is tmi but I was worried for a while but it's ok and fluid is fine around the baby according to all the scans. It could just be the same. I need to do more pelvic floor exercises.

LG happy 15 weeks to you too. I can't believe I'm an avocado now :yipee:

Megg lovely to hear from you hon and I'm so pleased you are looking forward to the next go. It's good to focus on something positive.

Everyone else sorry to miss you out but have to change Sam's nappy he's just leaked everywhere. Including Grandma!

Glad it's ok Heva, I'm very leaky but thankfully it's not fluid it's mostly watery cm and wee which is tmi but I was worried for a while but it's ok and fluid is fine around the baby according to all the scans. It could just be the same.
They said it could be but was a big gush sorry tmi was running down legs etc saws scared shitless x

Happy 16 weeks pipin :happydance:
happy 15 weeks caroline :happydance:
megg I'm so sorry for your loss but admire your attitude and determination good luck :hugs:
Sassy sorry your having a tough time :hugs:
Aaisrie hope your feeling better, loved all the little outfits so cute :hugs:
Emmea good new about your appointment I hope you get to have the birth you want, I hope the sickness was only ms and not food poisoning :hugs:

I'm having lots of brown discharge and a little pain around pubic bone area but baby's heartbeat is strong on the doppler and I have my 12week scan on monday

Heva I'd be scared too if it was like that! :hugs:

Reversal I had brown spotting with both pregnancies at 12 weeks. I have a theory it's the uterus moving up out the pelvis. Glad you can hear the heart beat so nice isn't it.

Sam has chicken pox and an ear infection. Poor sausage but looks like Simon will miss the gender scan next sat unless I can find a willing sitter :(

So glad to see your update, Heva... I had to come check on you! Take it easy, for sure! :hugs:

Glad to see you back heva! I hope it wasn't your waters. In my first pregnancy my bladder gave in to a sudden kick and emptied in a gush all on the floor. I didn't eve know I needed to go ! I ended up in hospital having swabs too. After that my bladder has never been the same again.

Yawn... I hate predawn wake up calls from my toddler bouncing on my bed:( really want that hour sleep back.

Emmea forgot to say sorry about you gtt test results, what a bummer do you have to go back again for more tests?

I have to go back at 28 weeks but my go said I should start testing everyday and as soon as I see high readings, he will do the test himself straightaway. The threshold is 7.8 and I was 7.6 so practically diabetic :(

Fingers crossed I hold out until Easter!! Lol is it an early or late one this year?

I have to go back at 28 weeks but my go said I should start testing everyday and as soon as I see high readings, he will do the test himself straightaway. The threshold is 7.8 and I was 7.6 so practically diabetic :(

Fingers crossed I hold out until Easter!! Lol is it an early or late one this year?

I think its late good friday being on the 22nd of april x

Eugh just had another bout of severe constipation = MY BUM IS FREAKIN' KILLING ME AGAIN!! WTF... Seriously, at what point does pregnancy get easier? Why can't *I* be one of those people that looks glam and has no symptoms?! LOL

Ahh bum. I'm sure I'll be close too I'm a prime suspect for it. we'll know in April. Sorry hon it's a pain more than anything. x

"Why can't *I* be one of those people that looks glam and has no symptoms?!" :rofl:

I often wonder that myself- I now have a list of ailments as long as my arm, and the vanity ones are really getting to me lately- pregnancy acne that makes me look like I have leprosy!
But what matters is that the little ones are safe and happy in there- we're big girls and can suffer through anything!

Maybe this will help?

https://chinese-school.netfirms.com/diabetes-gestational-diet-plan.html

I've never been glam and sexy in my life but I have to admit I like my body better in pregnancy because for once I 'want' to show off my tummy :rofl: :haha:

Hi everyone, I am reading your comments just haven't found the energy to reply. Rob seems to think that my problems with my mother are hampering my grieving for Archie. He told me to write everything down thats been said in the last week in the hope it might help. Thought maybe it would help if I shared it with some of the most supportive people in my life (that's you lot by the way!!!). I don't really expect you to read it all as its very long and as I've written it from my heart with a lot of anger I'm sure its grammatically rubbish.

Thursday 27th January 2011.

Phoned my mum as soon as I left midwife to say they couldn’t find a heartbeat or any placental sounds, I explained it wasn’t looking good, although the midwife did say as I have a uterus which lays backwards rather than forwards that might not be helping. She did say though that she didn’t want me to have any false hope. Things weren’t looking good. When I told my mum she said “Well I hope you won’t be stupid enough to put yourself through this again. She then started crying and said “I’m not crying for the baby I never wanted you to have it. I’m crying for you and what you keep putting yourself through”.

I phoned her again that night when the hospital confirmed that our baby had died. Again her first words were “I hope you’re not gonna put yourself through this again”. I asked her what she was doing the following day, she said “I’ve told you I’m going to Janet’s (my half sister, her step-daughter), why?” I explained that I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with the boys. She said “Well I can’t cancel, they’ll have bought food in for me coming”.

Friday 28th January, 2011

Mum phoned before she went. By this time I’d spoken to a friend who works on labour ward and she’d explained what would happen. I explained that I’d have to deliver the baby as it was now too big to have surgery. I explained that it would be about 5 inches long, she said “Well that’s not big”. Plus I got the usual you’re stupid if you do this again, and you’re too old. Not really appropriate when all I care about is my poor baby. I also told her that I could still feel him moving (I felt him moving right up to the day I had him, I was told this was normal as he was floating around in water) she never said anything, it was so painful, he was moving that usually means your baby is ok, but I knew mine wasn’t. The midwife even heard him moving on the Doppler on the Thursday when he’d already gone, she did warn me this could happen, I felt him at the same time as she heard him.

Sunday 30th January, 2011

My mum had phoned from my half sister at 1pm(ish), I don’t know how on earth she thought I’d be home as I’d told her I was going to have to be induced. When we did get home (about 7pm) I sent a text message to my step-sisters home phone saying we were at home.

Mum phones back. She wanted to know if the tablet on Friday had worked, I explained that it wasn’t meant to get me into labour but was meant to stop my body producing progesterone. I then go on to say what happened (relatively quick labour, troublesome and stuck placenta that meant I nearly ended up in theatre etc.) At some point during this I must have referred to Archie as ‘he’, she said “Oh it was another lad then”. I explained that it certainly looked that way but at 16/17 weeks nobody could tell for certain. I was then a bit upset and said “Oh mum, he’s beautiful” and she replied “Well you said it’d look like an alien”. What I’d actually said on the Friday when trying to get over to her how much this baby meant to us all was that George wanted us to take photos of the baby but I wasn’t sure as they can sometimes be a little alien looking at this stage (I think it was my way of protecting myself as I was scarred that I’d be frightened by how he looked). Whatever I’d said before surely when I say that my poor baby that I’ve just given birth to is beautiful you don’t say “you said it’d look like an alien”. He didn’t look like an alien he was truly beautiful, he had everything ears, nose, mouth, hands, fingers, toes even gorgeous knobbly knees. I did tell her this before I even said he was beautiful and before she said “You said it’d look like an alien”.

She then went on to ask if Rob’s parents had managed to get a flight back from Spain, I said no and she replied “Well there’s nothing they could have done”. I pointed out that they were trying to get back to look after the boys as there was no one to look after them. I said luckily Val and Walt (our neighbours) had stepped in. I explained that the hospital had said it could take up to two days for the induction to work and that Val had said not to worry they’d look after the boys as long as was needed. My mum said “That was kind of them”. By this point I was hurt and angry and replied “Yes it was, I’m going now bye”.

Tuesday 1st February, 2011

Terrible day, went shopping with Rob (which was nice) we were looking for a photo frame for Archie’s picture but couldn’t find one. My breasts were getting increasingly sore. When I got home I realised I was producing milk, it absolutely devastated me. I loved feeding my boys, and it’s the one thing that when we decided after George not to have anymore children I truly grieved for. I couldn’t believe I would never feed another child. So here I was crying my eyes out knowing that this milk should be for Archie, a baby I’d never be able to feed. I was also feeling hurt by my mums comments, my baby had died and my own mother couldn’t support me or even try to say the right thing.

Just stopped crying when the phone rings and its my mother. -:

Mum “Hiya, I’m home” in the most cheerful voice you’ve ever heard!

Me “Oh ok” Rob says I said it quietly, but not with any tone, just sounded sad.

Mum “What’s wrong with you?”

Me “Well you didn’t expect me to be cheerful did you?

Mum “Well if you’re going to be like that, I’m going” I can tell she’s going to put the phone down.

Me “I don’t believe you”

Mum (in quite an angry tone) “And I don’t believe you”

Me “Do you know that even after everything I’ve been through these past few days it you that’s hurt me the most”

Mum “I’m going, if you’re going to be like that don’t bother phoning me”

And then she slammed the phone down.

All of the comments she made from the Thursday to the Tuesday were said with attitude and without any compassion at all.

This is her grandson, she doesn’t even know his name is Archie. My beautiful son’s grandma can’t even acknowledge him, it hurts so much. Plus doesn’t everyone when they’re hurt and in pain want their mum. Thank God I have the most amazing, wonderful and loving husband, my lovely boys and my fantastic friends.

If you've managed to read this far :happydance:

Hopefully offloading this might give me the release I need to move on.

Holy crap Sassy I just can't believe all that, I'm gobsmacked. :shock: am I allowed to say she sounds an incredibly selfish and insensitive old bag. Sorry if that offends you :hugs: I thought my mum was bad enough today when I had to tell her that hearing about DH's failings all the time was a bit hard to hear. That sounds worse than it was actually as we're only talking about him not doing chores around the house :dohh: So sorry you aren't getting her support. She clearly doesn't have the same values as you do as a mum :hug:

Holy crap Sassy I just can't believe all that, I'm gobsmacked. :shock: am I allowed to say she sounds an incredibly selfish and insensitive old bag. Sorry if that offends you :hugs: I thought my mum was bad enough today when I had to tell her that hearing about DH's failings all the time was a bit hard to hear. That sounds worse than it was actually as we're only talking about him not doing chores around the house :dohh: So sorry you aren't getting her support. She clearly doesn't have the same values as you do as a mum :hug:

Thanks think I needed to hear that from someone other than Rob (obviously he's biased and is ready to kill her). My friends are ready to kill her too, but obviously I've told them what's been going on and they've seen me upset, so that makes them upset. Sometimes you think you're making more of it than you should but your response has reassured me I'm not.
She's never been very good and has always had a tendancy to try and 'punish' me when I haven't done things she's wanted. Plus she's always had a very vicious tongue!!!

Sorry you're having problems with your mum xxx

Sassy that broke my heart reading that, she sounds very insensitive, I believe if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all, perhaps your mum could learn from that. It sounds like you have a very supportive person in Rob and I'm glad he's encouraging you to share your feelings, I write a diary and find its a great help for me in difficult times.

I hope your mum finds a bit of compassion either that or learns to keep her mouth shut.

x

Oh, Hon, can I come there and kill your mom? I know it was bad- but seeing/hearing it all together is unbelievable! There is a saying I try and try to remember in situations like these- "Consider the source and be unimpressed." I know that's easier said than done as no one can hurt us quite like our moms, but she is obviously not the open caring person that you are. And your Archie is just beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->