PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Welcome Amy! Hope it's a sticky bean for you!!

Welcome Amy. I'm sure I remember you from first tri last time I was there. :wave:

I'm loving knowing all our first names!!

Ive just been to church to see my daughter sing a solo and we sang Christmas carols. Then went to my grandparents for a brew and a mince pie! I feel quite festive right now!!
Gav's working lates for the rest of the week. 2 til midnight. I hate this shift he does, I'm so lonely without him lol!! Although it's nice to spend quality time with the children. My son told me he's going living with his dad tonight cos he HATES his sisters !!!! Nice !!

Aww em that's so nice!! I'm sure it was beautiful! And I would say lovely to the mince pie but I hate them!!! That sucks about gav, does he stay on that shift long?

He's a graphic designer and has never had to do this ridiculous shift in any of the other companies he's had to work for. But we can't complain. There were a lot of redundancies last year and he was saved thank God!
He only does it once every six weeks so it's not too bad but I hate it!!

Abi was wonderful tonight. Sang "Make you feel my Love" she made me cry!! I think Ella may have an idea I'm pregnant cos she was like "mum, I can't remember when you last had a glass of wine! Have you got something you wanna tell me!!" I just fobbed her off and said I'm trying to be really healthy for a few months lolol!! she's wise beyond her years that one !!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Embo I think I remember you from first tri as well! No wonder your daughter made you cry, that must have been beautiful. And I think daughter number two is on to you! :happydance: How old are they both? Do they know you're trying or about your loss?

I was wondering when everyone's planning on telling their families? We'll tell DH's parents at Christmas, at 6 weeks exactly. Provided that is I manage to get a private scan before and we can see a yolk sac at least. They know about my mmc and we would tell them about another anyway so I'm not too worried about telling them early. My parents we'll tell a few days later I think. I have a doctor's appointment on the 27th where they'll do a transvaginal scan so hopefully we'll see a heartbeat then. If we do, I think we'll tell my parents. They don't know about my mmc and I think we'd tell them that (in as little detail as possible) at the same time. What's everyone else planning to do?

Our families know. I don't know if my mother/sister/niece know (long story, they have told me they hate me etc) and I don't care. I doubt it as my mother was ringing the house before I found out to try and talk to me and I've heard nothing since.

Ok it's official I cannot stomach doing the cat litter trays anymore. I've still not been sick but it's getting to the point where I'm continuously retching if I have to clean them out.

Hi ladies!
May I join you? I got my :bfp: on Monday at 10 dpo. This is eggy number 3 after my mmc in September (mini had stopped growing at 8+4, started bleeding at 11+6, one day before my scan). I'm quietly confident that we're going to be ok this time but still a little cautious, especially as I haven't even missed my period yet. I'm currently trying to get an early scan organised for before Christmas, so we can tell our families then. Not getting one on the NHS but hopefully will be able to pay for one privately at the hospital. We'll see...

Pippin, best of luck for your scan!

Hi ya love, great to see you in this section with us and not in the MC section like before. Lovely to see another familiar name in here. Welcome to our awesome group :thumbup: :hugs: Sticky vibes for you too and thanks.

Em that's beautiful, I'm sure it was amazing! At least gav only has it once every 6w but I can still understand that you hate it!!! When are you gonna tell the girls?

Amy our families know, my MIL is my best friend so she was with me when I tested!! Our families both know about the losses so I didn't worry about them knowing.

AFM I'm gonna head into Belfast today and pick up my divorce and maybe try and get s charger for my laptop as I've only had my iPhone for the last few days!!

Our families know. I don't know if my mother/sister/niece know (long story, they have told me they hate me etc) and I don't care. I doubt it as my mother was ringing the house before I found out to try and talk to me and I've heard nothing since.

Ok it's official I cannot stomach doing the cat litter trays anymore. I've still not been sick but it's getting to the point where I'm continuously retching if I have to clean them out.

Sequeena, I don't want to scare you but going anywhere near catlitter/cat poop is a big no no. There's something in the poop that can be harmful to us preggo ladies. It can cause toxoplasmosis (I think this is what it's called) so from now on your DH is on cat litter duties :)

Em while that's true it is TOTALLY FINE TO DO CAT LITTER WEARING GLOVES! A mw told me that and if you search online you'll see that too but obviously getting OH to do it is always good!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Embo I think I remember you from first tri as well! No wonder your daughter made you cry, that must have been beautiful. And I think daughter number two is on to you! :happydance: How old are they both? Do they know you're trying or about your loss?

I was wondering when everyone's planning on telling their families? We'll tell DH's parents at Christmas, at 6 weeks exactly. Provided that is I manage to get a private scan before and we can see a yolk sac at least. They know about my mmc and we would tell them about another anyway so I'm not too worried about telling them early. My parents we'll tell a few days later I think. I have a doctor's appointment on the 27th where they'll do a transvaginal scan so hopefully we'll see a heartbeat then. If we do, I think we'll tell my parents. They don't know about my mmc and I think we'd tell them that (in as little detail as possible) at the same time. What's everyone else planning to do?

My daughter that sang last night is 13 and the oldest, Ella, is 14. I think she's defo on to me but I really don't want to tell them cos last time we told all three children early on and they were devastated to learn we'd lost our LO.
This time we've only told my mum. It's really hard cos I'm very open with my children and grandparents but everyone was so upset last time. I don't want to put any pressure on myself either.

Em while that's true it is TOTALLY FINE TO DO CAT LITTER WEARING GLOVES! A mw told me that and if you search online you'll see that too but obviously getting OH to do it is always good!!

LOL !! Don't tell my OH this !!!!!!! I'm going back to when I was pregnant with Ella, I was told by my doc/midwife to steer absolutely clear from catlitter. You know how these things change over the years !!

Sorry if I've scared you Sequeena :blush:

Yea I had my dad coming round to my house when I was pregnant with saraya and I never let on about the gloves thing lol fortunately my cats an outside cat now :)

I'm having a total paranoid day today. I don't feel I'm having many symptoms today. My boobs are little more tender but no nausea. I'm so frightened the worst is going to happen again. Every time I think of going to go to my early scan, my throat tightens, my stomach is in knots and I feel like I'm going to hyperventilate and have a panic attack. I really don't want to bring the tone of the thread down but I suppose that's one of the reasons we thought about starting this thread, for all the emotions !! Good and bad !

Yea I had my dad coming round to my house when I was pregnant with saraya and I never let on about the gloves thing lol fortunately my cats an outside cat now :)

We have two. A black persian called Oscar and our Felix (he looks like Felix on the adverts, how original NOT !!) They're inside cats cos we're scared to let them out. Our family cat Jasmine, who we had for years, was run over four years ago and died. We were all absolutely devastated and said if we ever had another we'd keep them inside cats. Plus Oscar cost us an absolute fortune!! !!

Em I was the same before my scan but just remember that symptoms do come and go and everyone experiences pregnancy differently so you can't compare it to others. Deep breaths and were all here for you. I know nothing I say can take the fear away but symptoms really don't mean much x

We have two. A black persian called Oscar and our Felix (he looks like Felix on the adverts, how original NOT !!) They're inside cats cos we're scared to let them out. Our family cat Jasmine, who we had for years, was run over four years ago and died. We were all absolutely devastated and said if we ever had another we'd keep them inside cats. Plus Oscar cost us an absolute fortune!! !!

One of my cats was run over a few weeks ago but I live on a farm so there's like no traffic round here really. My other cat Dr. Sweets hangs out round the cottage all the time so I don't worry about him really.

Your cats sound adorable!!

Thanks Eve. I just keep trying not to think about it cos I know stress can't be good for bubs! I have flashbacks to the scans I went through. The feelings were so intense I just think to myself "do I have the strength to deal with all that again". I don't know whether prayer comes into this for you but it does for me. I have a belief in God but don't really believe in Religion. I feel I am spiritual and absolutely believe in the power of prayer. I just pray that what ever happens, I will be given the strength to deal with it. Good or bad!! Believe me, if this is my forever baby, I'll be praying for the strength to cope with 4 children :rofl: :rofl:

I pray, I have a relationship with God but haven't been to church fir years since working in a church (I hated the politics). God promised me another child and I wouldn't have got through the losses without my faith but I know a lot of people don't like having it in their face so I just tend to pray for peeps without saying anything :) God I'd my rock. He never gives us anything we can't handle (even if st the time it feels too big).

Good morning ladies!
We are deffo going to find out the sex, I am so organised it's quite anal and I could not have the baby without the nursery being done or clothes/equipment/toys being bought!!!
I blame being a Virgo....but then Jimmy (my OH) and I have the same birthday and he is nothing like me!!
We are going to tell our family and friends after our 12 week scan, when we MC last time, we had told my sister and my mum and 1 of our friends found out by accident so we told his GF too as she is our friend also....it was sloop hard then having to tell them all about the MC, so avoiding it this time....everyone I speak to friends though I'm nearly bursting!!!
We put our Xmas tree up last night, our first tree, in our first house!!!
La la la....life is fab! Xx

P.s- I'm Caroline BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"