PAL SUMMER BABIES (winter down south) 2011 ;) - Being updated again!

Lovely scan pics girls xx

I'm falling back into my depression :cry:

Aww, sequeena :hugs: I know how much depression sucks and I know there is nothing I can say or do to make you feel better. I hope it passes soon.:flower:

Aww, sequeena :hugs: I know how much depression sucks and I know there is nothing I can say or do to make you feel better. I hope it passes soon.:flower:

Thanks hun I really hope it passes, don't want meds again :(

I've been taking Lexapro to help me with my depression and anxiety. For some reason I almost had anxiety attack this morning. It was very scary, i had to do a few breathing exercises to stop it. I think it has to do with the emotional strain of being sick and being in the hospital for 2 days. As if a PAL pregnancy can't be stressful enough on it's own.

I've been taking Lexapro to help me with my depression and anxiety. For some reason I almost had anxiety attack this morning. It was very scary, i had to do a few breathing exercises to stop it. I think it has to do with the emotional strain of being sick and being in the hospital for 2 days. As if a PAL pregnancy can't be stressful enough on it's own.

I only stopped my meds (venlafaxine) on doctor's recommendation when I found out I was pregnant. My midwife was not impressed and I have to see a substance midwife on the 24th but I've had no help for the past 6 weeks or so, it's hard trying to regulate my moods myself.

Hope you're ok now, I agree PAL is hard enough without extra stress added to it.

Gorgeous pics, MrsWez! :hugs: Congrats on tentative team blue! :)

I'm sorry about the depression, girls! Its so hard when we have to lose meds. I have a panic disorder that is currently going untreated. Luckily, I haven't had any incidents in a few months, so its not a big deal right now. But, the first time I do, it WILL be a big deal! :(

Evening ladies,

Hope we're all ok.

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow and am a little nervous to say the least. Just a horrid nagging doubt at the back of my mind that won't go away. I just want to see a bigger, happier little person waving at us and saying "Silly mummy, here I am!"

Hopefully all will be well and then I can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.

It's only natural to have that doubt :hugs: good luck, hope you have a beautiful wriggly baby in there xx

I think everyone freaks out right before EVERY scan. I imagine I will Thur night. But, things will be just perfect! Wait and see!

I used to get so fearful, for some reason I'm not afraid but I'm not excited either. I'm okay until I see a heartbeat then I'm happy.

I just hate that those scans feel like they can make or break everything... Like, if its bad news, its the machine's fault for telling me about it! So, I sort of dread them... and now I'm even more worried because I'm bit excited about the next one and terrified that I'm setting myself up for a HUGE disaster if its bad news. I know it shouldn't be... I have no reason to think it will be... but how can I not think about it? I'm such a mess sometimes! I worry something's wrong... Then I worry if I feel like everything is okay! :dohh:

Yeah, scans are nerve-wracking yet exciting. I desperately search the screen for a heart beat and then once I see it I'm fine. With my emergency scan last week, from my awkward angle, I didn't see one right away and I nearly freaked. But then I saw my baby wave its hands around and start to barrel-roll so I figured a baby moving that much must have a heart beat. lol Finally got the results back from that scan and everything turned up fine and clear. So who knows where all my bleeding is coming from?! I guess I'm just a bleeder....*sighs*

But I am done with emergency scans. I hope I only need one more and that it will be my 20 week scan.

I'd gladly take a scan every 2 weeks from now until forever! Yes, I would! I secretly hope that my weight (I mean, if I'm going to be fat anyway it might as well serve me in some way) will deem me "high risk" and get me some extra peeks at Baby Ixxy... since the MW's website says obesity is a "high risk" category, I can only imagine that would automatically class me as such, right? I don't want to be an actual high risk pregnancy... but writing it on my folder doesn't really do anything but help me.

I'm considered high risk because of my incompetent cervix. I have had 4 scans so far, 1 surgery and overall 3 days in the hospital. The only good "thing" is I get the extra scans! The rest of it sucks to be honest. I hate that I could so easily end up in the hospital again. And I can't have take anymore baths because of my cerclage. :( But I get another scan on February 1st!!

See... I don't think the status would change much for me, because it would sort of be "high risk in name only"... No one expects me to have any complications, but I might automatically get classed as "high risk" just because of how much I weigh.

I did finally break down and get on a scale... I didn't want to. I'm happy to say that despite the growing bump, I've only gained 2 lbs since I last weighed a couple of months ago! That's normal, daily fluctuation. So, I don't think I've actually gained anything!!! But, I don't know where this bump has come from at that rate!

Side by side comparison... 4 week and 8 week! :dohh: What the blood hell happened? "Sucking it in" on both pics!

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/5287778145_b02c5aedbb.jpghttps://farm6.static.flickr.com/5129/5368287752_c133b55531.jpg

Good for you Meg, the only place you looked like you've gained is all baby. Unfortunately I've lost weight, 5lbs. But I still have a little bump though.

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x3/wezgray430/15bump2.jpg

I hope it's high risk in name only, cause I don't wish this on anyone.

Ignore my shoe fetish in the background :haha:

I honestly think I might have lost some weight along the way... because today's weight was in the evening, and I normally weigh first thing in the morning (which is ALWAYS less for me). I guess its all baby, but the baby is VERY tiny still. How can it cause my bump?

You look great! That's just perfect! Happy 15 Weeks, btw! You're exactly 7 weeks ahead of me! :thumbup:

I think it's different for everyone, what I think is baby very well could be bloat. I had bad bloating early on. But you don't look like you've gained any weight. I've never been one to really tell these things though. Maybe it's cause I'm labeled obese, can you believe it?, cause I am 5 foot even and weigh 160. But I would look ill if I weighed less than 140 as I am athletic and have that body type.

Happy 8 weeks!! I can't believe I've made it this far. It's really flown by.

I'm considered overweight as well. 5'3" and 160lbs. Not athletic though. lol A few years back I was in shape and was in the mid 140s which, according to all those fancy charts, still has me as overweight, but I looked and felt good. I have plans of pushing baby around in the stroller all summer and fall (once I'm up to it). Maybe get one of those baby slings and take it hiking.

My pregnancy seems to be going slow. But it has gone by a bit quicker since hitting the second trimester....even while on bed rest. Hope it continues to pick up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->