PAL SUMMER BABIES (winter down south) 2011 ;) - Being updated again!

I finally got hold of the midwife and she suggested I express I little bit to get rid of the engorgement as when Isabella finally woke up she couldn't latch on. Tried the flannel and it didn't work unfortunatly - but did as she suggested and she has just fed for 13 mins! HURRAY!!! And you've guessed it...she's now asleep lol!

Thanks ladies x

I wonder how Patience is doing? She is 41 weeks plus 5 today, hope everything is ok and baby is on it's way! :shrug:

I think there must be at least another 3 babies out there, nothing for me Lucy :( unfortunately I'm walking lots eating spicy food etc no help, few twinges other night but nothing last two days

I think there must be at least another 3 babies out there, nothing for me Lucy :( unfortunately I'm walking lots eating spicy food etc no help, few twinges other night but nothing last two days

Have you tried clary sage oil? There's a massage point on the ankle that is supposed to help too. And (forgive me for the TMI) nipple stimulation and clitoral stimulation, preferrably with sex. My MW gave me a list of natural induction remedies already :).

Yes Kess I've been using the last week, I've had baths with it and also massaging it into bump and lower back.

We have tried sex but it's not so comfortable may try again tomorrow :shrug: I've read the nipple stimulation has to be done for hours to do anything.

I'm hoping my mw will do a sweep on Tuesday my first mw said she would at 40 weeks hopefully my current one will also.

Just thought i would update, Thomas Michael was born on 14th June :)

Hi, sorry for lack of posts, I still have to pinch myself to believe this pregnancy was successful! :)

So, I'm so happy to let you know baby Leo arrived on Thursday 23rd June. :D :D :D

Congrats to you both! :happydance: Baroness how cute! Misty pics please...:hugs::kiss:

Congrats to you both! :dance:

I'm still waiting....won't give me a sweep :( Come on baby!!

No they do them at term here 40 weeks but mw has copped out and said as I'm shared cared they will only do it at hospital, I'm booked in at hospital on 7th where they will induce me and won't book me in for a stretch and sweep before then :wacko: which seems mad to me as a s&s could be enough to get me going without the need for induction :shrug: so need baby to come before!

That sounds so silly when a sweep might do it. Well I hope things start before then! :hugs:

Hi ladies
Well I had my baby 2nd July 0238 little baby girl Eliza 7lb 5oz long long labour. Pains started last Thursday 30th 0200 quite irregular pains but by evening they were getting worse, by 0100 we went into hospital as were between 3-5 mins lasting 1min I was only 1cm dilated it took an age to get to 4cm and when I got to 7cm I seemed to stay there, eventually I got fully dilated but on pushing eliza did not want to cone out, they ended up using forceps and cutting me :(
I Wasn't in too much pain as had epidural amongst other drugs but I m recovering now bee quite sore, Eliza doing great and she is beautiful, I'll post a pic she I have more time.

Hope your all well xx

Congrats Fox! I can't wait to see little Eliza!!

AFM, Dr. appointment went okay. Still only 3cm, still 60% effaced and baby is still high and his head not engaged like it should be. Dr. thinks the issue is either my pelvis is too narrow or the baby isn't positioned right which is why the contractions aren't being effective. Baby is doing great though, heart rate was 144 and he's active as ever.

Induction will start around 6AM tomorrow (Dr. thinks I would have had to be induced regardless due to the baby not dropping into my pelvis). I'm feeling nervous, excited, anxious, scared, happy, etc. I'm feeling everything. I was hoping he would come on his own but I guess there is a reason for everything. I can't wait to hold my rainbow baby.

Thank you mrswez, my pelvis was narrow an I also had a narrow pubic arch, I effaced really well - was paper thin when I was 1cm but took along time to dilate. Have you not got any pains? I was in such pain from so early on.

Hope your induction goes very well and everything speeds up for you, its so exciting knowing your going to meet your Jonathan very soon! Take care x

Congrats Foxie! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful little girl! It will be quite sore for a while, just take lots of warm baths! At least you got an epi to take the pain....sounds like you needed it poor thing! So pleased for you! :dance::dance:

Mrs Wez, hope things happen for you real soon, bet you can't wait! :hugs::kiss::hugs:

Congrats, fox! And good luck to you, Mrs Wez! By the time we hear from you again your little one will be here!

AFM - still here, still pregnant. Only 4 more days until DD. NEVER though in a million years I'd get here when I was back in first tri due to all my bleeding. Then there was the placental tear and the notching or whatever that was...

anyways, it looks like I'll be going over. Had one false alarm but nothing since. No signs of a bloody show either. I've yet to have my cervix checked by the doctor so I don't even know what is going on up there. My hips keep seperating which makes any sort of movement a literal pain. It hurts so much that I have to fight the nausea. My cousin told me she got a sweep at her 39 week appointment and went into labour that night. I would love to get the same!

All the best starry to you hope it goes smoothly, its all very surreal I think and still feels it for me, I look at Eliza and can't believe she is really here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->