PAL SUMMER BABIES (winter down south) 2011 ;) - Being updated again!

It's exciting you don't know if it's a girl or boy......do you sense anything? :shrug:

Nope yellow bump, haven't a clue what it is to be honest :shrug:

How is Tilly doing? She still not being sick?

Gave her infacol, she stopped being sick, but just last night got really sicky again....I guess babies can be sick a lot, I think sometimes she over eats and the extra has to come out lol

I have found a baby class to go to next week, called baby sensory and I will get to meet lots of other mums so am looking forward to that, it can be a bit lonely on your own with a baby when you don't know anyone, and your family are all far away. :shrug:

Tilly is getting heavier, bigger and chubbier all the time, starting to look less like a newborn every day. I still look at her sometimes and think 'Oh my god, that's my baby I'm a mum'.....it's a life changer for sure. :cloud9:

Hope we hear from the girls soon, Orna was induced a few days ago now, and Patience would have been too. However when you first take home a new baby there isn't a lot of time to come online, I am sure they will when they get a minute. Can't wait. :flower:

You must be getting excited now foxie....it's so amazing when you first see your baby. :cloud9:

Hi ladies!

Hope the induction is going well for orna and patience. Looking forward to reading thier stories. Hope it all went well.

Fox not long now! you must be excited! Be lovely surpise findout out what your yellow bump turns into, it's so amazing seeing them for the first time.

Lucy glad to hear Tilly is doing well, sorry to hear she's been a bit sicky. My HV told me that if they burp or cough while feeding they can't yet control the valve that stops food coming up - so it all comes up. Baby sensory sounds lovely, be great for you to get out and about and meet other mums.

Foley is just napping so thought i'd pop on and see how everyone was. Tried to post the other night while BF, but my phone kept playing up. 2nd day on our own today, DH back at work. Ended up with breast infection over the weekend, but seems much better today, think the 10 hour cluster feed helped on Sunday. He's 3 weeks already on Thursday, going to get him weighed on Friday. He had gone from 8lb 3oz at birth to 8lb 11oz at day 11, so be interested to know what he has put on since.

Aw yes I believe babies can be sick a lot I'm sure she'll get past this stage soon, she's trying to get the pounds on!
Baby sensory sounds interesting and will be good for you to meet others if you have no one close by.

Cutelou the infection can't have been nice, painful I'm sure! Hope that doesn't happen again. It is exciting to meet your new baby, still hard to believe I'm having one!!

I'm sure the girls will get on and let us know as soon as they can, busy times!

Cutelou, sounds like Foley is putting on weight nicely, sorry about the infection, BF is tough at the start, I nearly gave up twice, but glad I didn't. How is the sleeping? Are you getting much? :wacko::flower:

Fox, was going to say enjoy the sleep while you can, but of course you are probably up all night going to the loo, not exactly restful. But as knackered as I am now, it's worth it. :cloud9:

Thanks Lucy, it's hard at the start isn't it but I agree wellworth it. Now the infection is almost gone and my nipples are almost healed it's much more comfortable and I'm enjoying it. I have a very strong let down though! Hope I don't jinx it, but he is sleeping well, has 4 to 5 hours in first part of night, then long feed, the anouther 3 to 4. But is wide awake during day quite a bit already, but I'd rather that. Most of his feeds are 30 to 45 mins.

How is tilly doing during the night now? Do you know what they do at baby sensory? It sounds really interesting!

Fox it didn't seem quite real till he was in my arms. Still amazed when I look at him and think we made him and he was in my tummy!

Hi cutelou, well as you may see from the time of this post, sleep is pretty random with Tilly. She will go down anywhere from 10pm to 12, and then sleep for between 3 and a half and 5 hours.....then short feed, then if I don't have to change a nappy back to sleep for a few hours, then a long nap mid to late morning, when I often join her. Can't wait for her to start sleeping longer. I have a very strong let down too, it's calmed down a bit now, and also Tilly has learned to cope with it instead of getting choked. :wacko:
Did you ue Lansinoh for nipples? It really helped me carry on in the early days. :flower:
Tilly never seems to feed more than 10 mins at a time, so during day it can be every hour.....:sleep:

https://www.babysensory.com/en/ This is the site that explains baby sensory, its quite similar with what I do with my special needs kids, sounds great for babies though. :happydance:

Lucy I'm actually managing to sleep really well this last week! Yes I'm up going to the loo, twice or three times but soon off to sleep again :thumbup:

Well done to the both of you for persevering with bf :flower: it is worthwhile to stick with it I'm sure.

I'm sure the reality of the baby will hit me very soon! :)

Hi there ladies!

Well our yellow bump turned out to be pink! We had a little girl on Monday 20th at 4.36pm. She is called Isabella and weighed 8lbs 1. We came home Tuesday.

Labour wasn't great and delivery ended up being forceps - will go into that another day as she is due to wake for a feed any mo.

We are so happy and she is a true joy. I know our angel baby is watching down over the three of us. :cloud9:

How is everyone else doing?

Will try and post a pic ASAP but not donw it on here before so bear with me. xxx

Many congrats Orna :happydance: beautiful name and she looks beautiful from the pic on your avatar :) sorry to hear deliver wasn't great, all worth it in the end. You look great too btw!

Congrats, Orna!! beautiful name and a great weight!! Sorry to hear labor and delivery weren't great but I'm glad you two are resting at home now.

Hi Orna, congrats...she looks cute...sorry delivery wasn't great, but she is here now and they are worth all the pain aren't they? Congrats, glad to hear Isabella has arrived! :happydance::hugs::kiss:

Thanks ladies. You are all right - she was so worth the labour and delivery.

So who is going to be next? Any more signs or twinges?

I'm struggling with BF but really want to keep going with it. Isabella will happily go 3 hours between feeds but today my boobs need it to be more frequent! They are huge, hard and sore with no leaking even when I squeeze. Bit worried - any ideas, help or advice would be great. My MW came round yesterday and she wasn't that great!

Hi Orna, when your milk comes in, which is what is happening now, your breasts will tend to over produce at first, which makes them huge sore and bloated. If you put a warm flannel on them before a feed or before you want to try and express it will make the milk come out a lot easier, or a warm bath....

You can use Lansinoh for nipple soreness, it really helped me. If you go on you tube, there are videos of women expressing milk, this helped me, as I had the same problem as you, it can take a while to start to come out! Best to only express a little bit though, and try not to use breast pump yet as this will tell your breasts to make even more milk. It will all calm down within a week or so, and your breasts will learn to make exactly the right amount for your baby. I had all these probs and now at 6 weeks everything is fine. Except my baby doesn't go 3 hours between feeds except at night, she is a snacker every hour! :wacko:

Hope things aren't too sore...I am still sore down below now! Did you have stitches? I have loads of advice about that lol :flower:

Enjoy your little treasure, first few weeks are hardest but then everything will get loads better...sleeping, soreness and breast stuff....:hugs:

Try putting a hot flannel over each boob or hanging them in the water when you have a bath. It always seemed to ease the "pressure" for me!:thumbup:

If you use the heel of your hand to massage quite strongly from outside to nipple at the same time, it tends to let some milk out too.:thumbup:

Huge congrats btw, she is beautiful!:hugs:

Lucy - you are an angel! Have just posted in the BF section to try and get some advice.

I have some Lansinoh and thats really helped my nipples and shall be trying a flannel in a bit. Just concerned she's not getting enough milk to be honest. She last fed at 6.30 and has been asleep ever since. Have tried to wake her; but not sure if thats the right thing to do - and to be honest she opens an eye, looks at me and goes back off.

I did have stitches - third degree cut! OW! Although that seems to be calming down nicely.

I just feel like I'm constantly worrying about something at the moment.

Orna, it's totally normal to worry when you first have a baby, you will get more chilled out as she gets bigger. When they are newborn they seem to sleep constantly! You can always undress her or change her nappy to wake her....it might work? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->