PAL SUMMER BABIES (winter down south) 2011 ;) - Being updated again!

Thanks for the lovely welcome ladies! I've just got my first scan through and looking at the dates I'll be 9 weeks. Just starting getting some period type cramps and starting to panic - please say it's not just me whose mind has gone into total overdrive after every niggle. xxx

Okay I have a question.......are you ladies exercising or DTD? I'm so afraid to do both, but I feel really crappy that I'm not doing either. I'm actually feeling not to bad this time around so I really have no excuse.....except for the obvious (being scared out of my mind!!)

I was running a couple times a week but I am scared too so now I am just swimming once a week and going on walks from time to time. As for DTD, we decided not to until we at least got out of 1st tri because I started bleeding after bd with the twins. It has been so hard not to so we broke down and dtd this weekend and I had a tiny spot of pinkish discharge. Hubby was so scared so he has banned us until at least December:dohh:

I have my 1st scan tomorrow!!! I'm just hoping that I am measuring correctly and that we see at least a yolk sac and fetal pole.

Hi ornahayes..I am getting mild period type cramps from time to time, it did freak me out at first, but now I figure it's normal, the uterus stretching out. :flower:

Hoping, I was scared to dtd at first, and it can cause a spot or two, but I don't believe it can cause a MC. But you have to do what you feel comfortable with. My midwife counsellor said that sex can cause a bleed to happen sooner, that would have happened anyway, but cannot cause a MC in itself. I think we are all just walking on eggshells to get to first tri right now and if dtd is too stressful, it's probably better to leave it. I hope we are all there together soon, this worrying can make you crazy. My morning sickness wasn't as bad today so of course I am a bit worried. :hugs::kiss:

Good luck for the scan tomorrow Hoping, we can't wait to hear, will be thinking of you. xxx

If it's any consolation we haven't DTD since we conceived in February because we've been too scared :rofl: I've warned hubby I'm going to jump him the second we hit 37 weeks :haha:

Had your scan yet Hoping? :hugs:

Of course my morning sickness after being dreadful over the weekend, has now gone off alot since yesterday. I hate this, roll on 12 week scan! I would rather be constantly sick all the time than this coming and going of symptoms! :wacko:

Tulip you must be busting! lol:wacko:

Ha, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person depriving my hubby!! My high risk OB said that DTD is absolutley fine....but I'm way to scared. I've also stopped running and going to the gym. I've been walking, but I'm too afraid to do anything stenous.

Hoping - Good luck with your scan today. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Lucy - I'm having random bouts of sickness too. It's so fustrating. I never know how I'm going to feel.

lol tulip... I give you props for lasting so long!

My scan isn't until 1:30 pm and it is only 8:30 am my time:dohh: I wish I would have scheduled it earlier in the day. Right now I have butterflies... I will update as soon as we get back:thumbup:

Rowan - you and I are having scans on the same day. Mine is a 9.40! Fingers x'd for us both that day please!

Hoping - I'm hoping all is ok, won't be on-line tonight so all my best wishes hun!

I have absolutely no inclination to dtd at all, having had 2 dncs last year and numerous scans pokes and prods I felt truelly violated and could only bring myself to dtd because I wanted a baby so much! Sounds terrible I know, poor OH! I'm hoping that when get past first tri will start feeling differently - I was horny as hell when pg with my dd!!!

I will hope to stay up and see your results Hoping, hope all is well.

Chilli and Rowan, good luck this week too!
:hugs:

Back from scan... they said everything is looking good but there wasn't much to see. I have a retroverted uterus so the early weeks are always hard to get a good ultrasound pic. They will probably rescan me in a week or so:thumbup:

Yay Hoping! I'm glad to hear everything went well.

Less than 24 hours till my scan. My stomach is in knots already!!

Good luck round 2:thumbup:

Even though my doc thinks everything looks great I can't help but be worried now. I feel like we should have seen more at 5w5d but then again it may just be because of my retroverted uterus:shrug: I hate this:wacko: They had me get blood drawn so I will get a call today with my hcg results. I should also get my new ultrasound date.

Even though my doc thinks everything looks great I can't help but be worried now. I feel like we should have seen more at 5w5d but then again it may just be because of my retroverted uterus:shrug: I hate this:wacko: They had me get blood drawn so I will get a call today with my hcg results. I should also get my new ultrasound date.

Try not to worry, I had a scan at 5 weeks and all they saw was a sac. No yolk sac or fetal pole. You're still quite early, I'm sure your next scan will put your mind at ease. When are you going back to be scanned?

I'm not sure yet. They will determine my scan date based on my hcg from yesterday... i should know by this afternoon.

That's great news hoping. Thinking of all of you with scans approaching xxx

My doctor just called and my hcg levels are not good:cry: They are only at 550. I have to get more blood drawn tomorrow to rule out an ectopic pregnancy:nope: I hate this so much. I am hoping it is only a failed pregnancy and not an ectopic.

My doctor just called and my hcg levels are not good:cry: They are only at 550. I have to get more blood drawn tomorrow to rule out an ectopic pregnancy:nope: I hate this so much. I am hoping it is only a failed pregnancy and not an ectopic.

Oh Hoping....I'm so sorry. I know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but maybe it's just early? Every baby grows very differently.

FX'd for you tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"