party food help please.

DCS

Reaction score
DS is having his party in just under 2 weeks. We have invited 20 kids. Only 6 have confiremed they are coming. The others have not even mentioned it. We will however be having family there. So I was thinking of doing enough food for about 35.

I'm just not sure what to do, I was going to do stuff like sandwiches , crisps, biscuits, sausage rolls, juice, and chocolate fingers. But I'm not sure what else to do with that.
I was going to do puff pastry pizza swirls but didnt know how good an idea that would be, with the party being on his birthday.

Any suggestions? Party is 1-3 Kids are 4/5 with a couple younger.

I did a party for Lucas last year with about 15 kids plus parents. I put out sandwiches, sausage rolls, bowls of crisps, cocktail sausages, mini pork pies, ham, little packs of biscuits, tray of doughnuts and a big bowl of sweets. I got a couple of boxes of carton drinks and a couple of bottles of fizzy.
The sandwiches were hardly touched, same with the crisps. The sausages, pork pies and doughnuts were a massive hit. I'd also double the amount of drinks I got if I did it again, I didn't account for all the kids bouncing around making themselves dehydrated - we ran out probably halfway through.

For my sons birthday I packed these up and then had a table of food as well. In the box I did two sandwiches one jam and one ham, packet of crisps, fruit, squeezy yoghurt, babybel. Worked well as the kids didn't trash the food table and take loads of plates each!

On the table I had sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, fruit platter, pasta salad, dips and crisps. Bought loads of drinks

Hot food is always hard at a party if you are entertaining. Might be easier to make a big batch of something you could make ahead and eat on the day? Something like macaroni cheese or sausages and beans

https://www.partypieces.co.uk/kids-...serving-partyware/party-boxes-food-trays.html

Thanks. I seem to have similar on the list. I felt like I was missing something major. The party is at a leisure centre so I can't realy have anything hot because I have nowhere to heat it up. Clearly I'm over thinking this.

We've just had a birthday party for my brother and we had hotdogs and took a slow cooker to heat them up in. They went down a treat!

We've done both the boxes and hot food before as well as a normal party food table. I do prefer either the boxes or hot food and it seems to go down better with kids.
For the hot food we also done hot dogs, we had the party in a leisure centre too and just took a microwave with us, we then brought a few portions of chips from the chip shop. I think for DD's birthday this year we're going to stick with the boxes :)

For our daughter's birthday, we did sandwiches you make yourself (basically, we put out rolls, meats, cheeses and things like mustard and mayo and people made their own sandwiches for themselves and their LOs - I wasn't putting together sandwiches for 20 people myself, this saved a lot of time and waste). We did some dips (hummus, onion dip, guacamole, store bought, just had to put them in bowls), plus crisps, tortilla chips, pretzels, crackers. I made up a fruit salad (tinned fruit cocktail plus a little bit of cut fresh fruit) and a veg platter (carrot, cucumber and celery sticks). For the kids, we also did mini pizzas and a pizza making station, but I only had a few of them, so maybe not something you want to try with 20 kids or whatever. But I got little mini pizzas (pre-made ones from tesco) and they could decorate them with topping of their choosing and we put them in the oven. Plus cupcakes. The fruit salad and veg sticks took the most effort because of all the chopping, but the rest of it pretty much came out of a packet onto serving platters which make it easier than making lots of different things from scratch or having to cook anything (apart from the pizzas, but all I had to do what put them in the oven, the kids did the rest). That worked really well and I'll probably do the same next year too minus the pizzas because it will be too many kids. Maybe add in some sausage rolls instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->