Pets!

Sus I´m so sorry, you must be feeling awful! Every time one of his cats die my dad swears he will never have another one. it is just too hard! (he has four right now so it didn´t work saying no more.)
Sending big hugs and I hope the vet can help.

The pets thread is back!

I am not having a good week, very upset. My old lady (my cat) has kidney disease and she has been very ill this week. She might be at her laye stage of the disease. Taking her to the vet tomorrow and i am really worried about the news. Losing them is awful!!

:hug: Aww sus I hope she's okay.

The pets thread is back!

I am not having a good week, very upset. My old lady (my cat) has kidney disease and she has been very ill this week. She might be at her laye stage of the disease. Taking her to the vet tomorrow and i am really worried about the news. Losing them is awful!!

Oh no! We lost our Buddha around this time last year, just a month shy of her 17th birthday...:cry::cry::cry:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Indigo, she is 13.
She was diagnosed with kidney disease two years ago, and has responded well to treatment. However she has been very poorly since the weekend. Vet didnt like the sound of it and is going to have her all day tomorrow. I have been very upset in the last couple of days and havent slept looking after her.

Natsby, i know what your father means. They break your heart when they go.

She is eating, but it causes severe diarhea and vomitting, she also drinks loads so needs to use the litter tray often. She is grooming, she just looks sad and she has been in pain the last couple of nights.

She is eating, but it causes severe diarhea and vomitting, she also drinks loads so needs to use the litter tray often. She is grooming, she just looks sad and she has been in pain the last couple of nights.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Poor baby........:cry::cry::cry:........:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes, I had her since very little, only 4 weeks. and when I moved to Cardiff I brought her with me all the way from Barcelona.

Yes she is, I had another one, I lost her last year, at the age of 15. She had kidney failure as well.

And I have my boy, my greyhound, but I share him with my ex, so I don´t have him full time like the cat.

For a while, I was under the misguided impression that cats live to be 18-20 years old.
When Buddha started dying, I thought it was premature...:nope: Our vet told us that the average life expectancy is only 12-14 years. We have 2 other cats, Fabio (13) and Alley Cat (12).:nope:.... I hope they make it as long as Buddha did....My MIL's cats lived to be 20 & 19... I didn't realize how rare that was....:nope:

Anyway, I know how you feel and I am so very sorry....:hugs:

Thanks girls!! I so appreciate your support.

I felt a bit useless this week, not being able to get PG and losing the cat. It is weird, I keep telling myself, come on! it is a pet! put yourself together! but that does not help. they do make you upset when they go!:cry:

Some cats do live till 18-20 but as you say it is rare. The vet said Lucky was really old and she had done well when she died at 15. I had two other cats before these and both lived till 14.

Uma is 13 so I guess old for an average cat. I wish they lived till 20! more years of them!

Awww so you still have two cats! It is nice when there is more than 1! I love pets, when I retired I want to have the house full of cats and greyhounds lol

Aww, I'm sorry it's not looking too good Sus... we are total cat people as well, we have 2 - substitute children really - and dread the thought of them being ill or passing. My big grumpy DH is particularly attached to his cat who he rescued from an abusive situation when she was 2; they were together alone for 6 or so years until I came along and are ridiculously close. He can't even bear to think of her getting old and dying! He actually tears up if he even talks about the possibility... (and you have to know what a hard-ass this man is usually to see how incongruous that is!!!)

Anyway, just to say :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you, we know what you're feeling...

Losing a furbaby is very very very hard. Mine is like my child for sure.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"