• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pets!

Sus :hugs:

I would get the vet to come to the house, I wish I'd made him come when my dog was taken ill at Xmas, cos that last journey in the car OMG I still have tears thinking of it.

My mum's dog was taken ill a few weeks later and after that exp she made the vet come to the house, as Dmom and Indigo say taht was kinder on the animal to let them pass at home.

I'm sorry :hugs:

God...This makes me think of Buddha...:cry:

https://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j456/Indigo77/d135aa10.jpg

This is turning into a sad trip down memory lane, so I've just went and emailed the breeder to see if my new puppy has been born yet.

Hugs to everyone who has lost a pet, we just have to try and remember all the good times we shared with them.

Here's a nice pet-related story to cheer you up...

My SIL had two cats, Jake and Ella (the Blues Brother and Sister! :haha:). At the time they lived quite far out in the country (actually they still do, just a different part of the country :haha:).

One day Ella disappeared. They hunted everywhere for her and couldn't find her. After a while they decided she must have been hit by a car or something and they stopped looking for her.

About 6 weeks later my SIL was looking out the back window when she saw in the garden a bundle of bedraggled looking fur. She went out to see what it was, and it turned out to be Ella!

When they took her to the vets he said her back legs were broken and her front paws were all worn down. They said she had probably been knocked down by a car and then because she could walk she had crawled home on only her front paws!! She must have only survived by eating things she found at the side of the road.

The vet said it would really be kinder to put her to sleep. My SIL said "Put her to sleep???? She's just spent 6 weeks crawling home to me! I can't put her to sleep!!"

So they fixed her up. It was costly and took a long time, but she ended up (nearly) as good as new. Her back legs were never quite the same, so she couldn't jump up as well as she used to, but otherwise she was fine. She lived to a ripe old age.

Everytime anyone says something like "Oh cats don't really like you, they just stay 'cos you feed them, cats remember places, dogs remember faces blah blah", I tell them that story.

Yes, it has become a sad thread....

But my PMA is... My cat is happy at the moment, so every day she is here it is a plus!:flower:

Thanks girls for the idea of getting the vet to come to my home instead, that would definitely be more confortable for Uma. Will ask that at the clinic.

And after a shitty week at work (I had a nightmare group to train) and the bad news of Uma... I am going to catch up with the other threads as I don´t know what has been going on :winkwink:

Again, Thanks for your support girls.

Indigo, buddha was gorgeous!!!

My furbaby Uma

Attachments

• 100_0858.jpg
    100_0858.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1096.jpg
    100_1096.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
Cuuuuuuute! We were in the pet store today (our weekly trip there where we hand over more and more $$$) and they had THE cutest fluffiest kittens ever... aww... I spent most of the time cuddling with one of them. So tempting! But no, our two are neurotic enough as it is without adding to it with an imposter kitten :haha:

Can I join in here? We have two furbabies. Son #1 is a blue persian called Cosmo. About 8 years old he was a rescue cat. Spent his formative years in a cellar :cry: with a family who didn't really 'do' cats. Then a client of my brother's rescued him but he couldn't stay with her as he battered her two cats. He's king of the world in his own furry head and a proper shaolin. He's a hell of a character and I got him the same day I met my OH :kiss:.

Here he is, my Cosmo (called Mo for short.)
P1010076 (2).jpg

And son #2 is a 2 year old Alaskan Malamute called Storm who was a valentine's day pressie for my OH. He's big, beautiful and boisterous and so lovable.
14022010230[1].jpg

There isn't a day goes by though that I don't think about my lost furbabies :cry:. Peppe was a rough collie who I lost at age 14 and Gypsy my big cob who was 26. Still miss them both so much.

Cuuuuuuute! We were in the pet store today (our weekly trip there where we hand over more and more $$$) and they had THE cutest fluffiest kittens ever... aww... I spent most of the time cuddling with one of them. So tempting! But no, our two are neurotic enough as it is without adding to it with an imposter kitten :haha:

Same here....

They're both beautiful.

How much does Cosmo weigh?
He looks like a big kitty.
I always wanted a big kitty.
All of mine are under 11 lbs...

What is a big cob?

They're both beautiful.

How much does Cosmo weigh?
He looks like a big kitty.
I always wanted a big kitty.
All of mine are under 11 lbs...

What is a big cob?

Thank you. I'm a proud cat/dog momma.

Cosmo's all fur, he weighs about 13lbs but he does have massive paws.
Big cob = a stocky horse, more of type than a breed. Think he was cross Shire horse but nobody really knew.

Can I join in here? We have two furbabies. Son #1 is a blue persian called Cosmo. About 8 years old he was a rescue cat. Spent his formative years in a cellar :cry: with a family who didn't really 'do' cats. Then a client of my brother's rescued him but he couldn't stay with her as he battered her two cats. He's king of the world in his own furry head and a proper shaolin. He's a hell of a character and I got him the same day I met my OH :kiss:.

Here he is, my Cosmo (called Mo for short.)
View attachment 269686

And son #2 is a 2 year old Alaskan Malamute called Storm who was a valentine's day pressie for my OH. He's big, beautiful and boisterous and so lovable.
View attachment 269688

There isn't a day goes by though that I don't think about my lost furbabies :cry:. Peppe was a rough collie who I lost at age 14 and Gypsy my big cob who was 26. Still miss them both so much.

WOW!!!
A big cat!!! I am so jealous!!!! I always wanted a big cat, I had 5 and they have all been tiny!
Absolutely gorgeous your pets!

He doesn't look big at the moment. I had to shower him earlier (I had to get in with him) as he'd had, erm, diarrhoea, and it went all over him :sick:. Now he looks tiny. And he is no longer my friend. But he smells great :thumbup:.

He doesn't look big at the moment. I had to shower him earlier (I had to get in with him) as he'd had, erm, diarrhoea, and it went all over him :sick:. Now he looks tiny. And he is no longer my friend. But he smells great :thumbup:.

:haha::haha::haha:

I can relate to that, the he is no longer your friend! mine is like that at the moment. Gave her the meds this morning and she hated me for it! now she is not speaking to me :haha:

You have amazing pets! And the horse is gorgeous.

I have a rescue greyhound.

Attachments

• Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member