PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Over here they give u a first scan whenever u discover your pregnant. Or within a couple weeks. If its early they do intervaginal scan. I had one at 3 weeks with my first..u could see something lol so tiny, and my uterus was small at one end bigger at the other. Then we get another scan at 16-20 weeks. That one is the regular on your tummy one. That's pretty much it I suppose unless u are high risk.

Here we get a first scan at 12-14 weeks - its combined with blood tests to give accuracy regarding some chromosomal abnormalities as well as accuracy for dating; then 20 weeks the anomaly scan where all the organs and blood flow in the heart etc can be seen... so I suppose I just have to wait lol

Would be nice to get 3 scans, early just to see if there is a bubba in there haha, but I would want the 12 and 20 week ones too :winkwink: -with my first 3 babies, we only got early 7-8week scan then nothing else if there was no complications :shrug: seems really prehistoric now haha

xx

Just seems so long away

Oh wow really!
So you didn't get to find out the gender for first 3? That's crazzzzzzy! Well 12 weeks will be worth the wait anyway, when I go for my first scan u never see too much. My last son I was about 7 weeks and it was just a blur. My youngest is almost 9, I was wondering if technology is better now. For my next one I want a 3d that I have seen some of my friends have!

Yeah never knew gender with first 3 then was desperate to know with number 4 - just because we could I reckon lol... This time , team yellow - in my experience was much better not knowing xxx

When it comes to announcement time, are you expecting all the thoughtless comments and are you prepared for them?

I'm cacking myself :cry: I'm not sure I will ever make a big announcement on facebook or anything like that, I'm not sure I'll even tell anyone other than close friends and colleagues. I'm sure others will work it out in time lol.

I have done the biggest hurdle and told my mum who was surprisingly not that nonplussed and I know once I've had scans and things she will be supportive. I also told my business partner as I am a professional photographer and I would like him to do me some shots from day 1 right up until baby is born :thumbup:

Yeah never knew gender with first 3 then was desperate to know with number 4 - just because we could I reckon lol... This time , team yellow - in my experience was much better not knowing xxx

I will also be staying team yellow this time, every other time I have found out but really wished I hadn't as I know a surprise would be lovely.

Yep I am expecting some negativity and a lot of very surprised comments - hope they go easy on me lol- emotionally not at my best when preggers lol -tears may flow:blush::blush:

I will also be staying team yellow this time, every other time I have found out but really wished I hadn't as I know a surprise would be lovely.

And with 2 of each already- whichever this one is, will be perfect :cloud9:

I wanted to know last time so I could do a themed nursery ; having only had neutral nurseries prior to that; but this little one wont have his/her own nursery lol and missed the excitement leading up to birth day last time. I love the surprise at the birth when DH can look down and tell me what we have got / or I can see for myself (either way <3)

xx

I've gotten a few negative comments because I'm 42. I've received far more support than negative thank goodness!

We're actually going to find out the sex this time. I didn't with my other 3, but this time around all of our families live well over 1000 miles away and I think it will be easier to prepare and to register for things knowing the sex in advance. It's strange for me to think about knowing ahead of time though!

I've gotten a few negative comments because I'm 42. I've received far more support than negative thank goodness!

We're actually going to find out the sex this time. I didn't with my other 3, but this time around all of our families live well over 1000 miles away and I think it will be easier to prepare and to register for things knowing the sex in advance. It's strange for me to think about knowing ahead of time though!

Glad to hear you are getting supportive comments, I really hope I am worrying about nothing lol - only time will tell.

I had severe SPD last pregnancy and was on crutches from only 16weeks pregnant, was totally immobile at times and in a lot of pain; so I think ppl will think I am stupid for risking that again with a 3 year old. But I am fitter this time - do my daily pilates lol; I only work part time now, whereas was fulltime before and .... and well I know the risks , so please don't say 'I told you so' if it happens lol:blush::blush:

Yep I am expecting some negativity and a lot of very surprised comments - hope they go easy on me lol- emotionally not at my best when preggers lol -tears may flow:blush::blush:

Oh tell me about it! Went to Alton Towers with the family yesterday, my little boy has CP and is in a wheelchair, he transitioned this week to an electric wheelchair and half way through the day he decided he didn't want to drive himself anymore so I had to take over. We managed to bump into a ladies leg who turned around and had a go, which ended up with me sitting down on the floor and crying :blush: first time I had ever done anything like that.

I think if people want to be negative they will use anything!

We told a few close family n friends..so far everyone very happy & excited..I haven't told my kids yet, am waiting til my u/s. Anyone who has negative comments cannot be part of my world. Just jealous I think. As far as gender I like to know. I always kinda know, but I like scan tech confirmation. I can't afford to end up with girls clothes for a boy lol

We told a few close family n friends..so far everyone very happy & excited..I haven't told my kids yet, am waiting til my u/s. Anyone who has negative comments cannot be part of my world. Just jealous I think. As far as gender I like to know. I always kinda know, but I like scan tech confirmation. I can't afford to end up with girls clothes for a boy lol

Lol - I never 'knew' any of mine
- well with number 1 , I did expect a girl (coming from a long line of girls in our families lol)
number 2 -SHOCKER It's a boy haha
number 3 - no idea, and another boy
number 4, would have guessed girl (due to similar symptoms lol) but no ,found out at 20wk scan, another boy haha :haha::haha:

xxx I have a load of boys stuff here already and if we are blessed with a pink bundle, then I am sure that the unisex items and the gifts we receive from well wishers will see us through he initial few days then I will go shopping yay!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Well I'm unfortunately starting fresh. My last boy being almost 9 I don't have anything left. So definitely shopping! When the time comes of course. LOL

My youngest is 14! LOL! I have forgotten how to be pg, let alone saved any stuff. The technology is amazing this much later. HAHA

Well I'm unfortunately starting fresh. My last boy being almost 9 I don't have anything left. So definitely shopping! When the time comes of course. LOL

My youngest is 14! LOL! I have forgotten how to be pg, let alone saved any stuff. The technology is amazing this much later. HAHA

With number 4 we had only recently decided to get rid of ALL our baby things lol -prams cribs cot -the whole lot went to the charity shop haha.
We bought a new pram; which we can use this time and borrowed a cot -will need to buy one this time ,the old one was done. We still have our moses basket from Dawson (number4) but its blue -could probably borrow one of those too -but we tend to co-sleep as I breast feed and I am not spending a fortune on beds lol. Planning on buying a co-sleeper cot to put beside my bed. I do have boys clothes tho!

xx

We are starting from scratch too lol, number 4 was my last baby, I didn't need the stuff :dohh:

I've also got to contend with a building site come October as (thank god) my house is being extended to make a second bathroom and 4th bedroom downstairs as my youngest boy is in a wheelchair. So so sooooooooo much money to go out in the next 8 months as I have made a very firm demand that this house MUST be finished by the time baby arrives

We are starting from scratch too lol, number 4 was my last baby, I didn't need the stuff :dohh:

I've also got to contend with a building site come October as (thank god) my house is being extended to make a second bathroom and 4th bedroom downstairs as my youngest boy is in a wheelchair. So so sooooooooo much money to go out in the next 8 months as I have made a very firm demand that this house MUST be finished by the time baby arrives

Good luck with th building work -will be so worth it in the end.

When we were expecting number4 we had to do some building work -to make 4th bedroom too, meant whole new kitchen was needed as well lol -it was a lot of work and a lot of living in a building site, but really worth it xxx

This time, we have nowhere to extend to, or alter in anyway to try and utilise more space lol -LO will just need to squeeze in haha

Neone else so tired yr missing out on things most nights I seem to sleep through tea time yesterday I missed the Sunday evening film we have every week can't wait or this exhaustion to turn to energy :D

Hi all, is it ok if I join in?

We have a blended family of 2 of mine, 2 of his, a joint effort and now we're expecting joint effort #2, child 6. (my 4th)
(is that as confusing as I think?)
We have 4 girls and 1 boy so far. I'm not really preferring any particular sex, but I'm guessing we're all thinking team pink. We will hopefully be finding out.

Oh, its early days, just 6 weeks pregnant, EDD from LMP is 19th Feb 2014

I just recently decided to get rid of most of my infant boy clothes so of course this needs to be a girl ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->