PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

I am not taking any birthing classes either. Last time I went I didn't feel like I learned anything about pain management. This time I am a good way through reading a hypnobirthing book. I am not going to take the class as it is really expensive, so I am just going to self teach.

Today is my u/s I can't wait to see him.

Our school aren't doing it yet - do they get the jab or the inhaler ?
xx

Im pretty sure its the nasal spray at school too... How has your wee one been after getting his ? x

He was absolutely fine, neither up nor down -back in 4 weeks for part two, so glad it didn't traumatize him haha :haha:

I am not taking any birthing classes either. Last time I went I didn't feel like I learned anything about pain management. This time I am a good way through reading a hypnobirthing book. I am not going to take the class as it is really expensive, so I am just going to self teach.

Today is my u/s I can't wait to see him.

Hope all goes well today :)
What hypnotherapy book are you using?, and is it any good? have you used hypnobirthing before? any tips for me being totally new to the whole idea? lol xxx

Donna This is the one I am reading.... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0757302661/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d8_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=07D706JW2BS7NPVRZT7B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1629757322&pf_rd_i=915398

I am enjoying the book a lot. I have never done it before and excited to try it. I always felt that I was never given a fair chance at letting my body just do it on its own. A lot of the stuff they talk about makes perfect sense to me.

Well I just came home from my morning out. Looks like baby is doing really great. He is about 2lbs and in the 53.3% for size. So absolutely perfect. ........ Though something not so great is that I failed my Glucose test LOL. :dohh: It wasn't supposed to be a fasting one but I forgot to eat before, so this next test is the fasting one (which i already failed) but have to wait two hours. **big sigh** Could explain my weight gain and swelling. I most likely will be doing it on Thurs. Wish me luck ladies.....

UGH! Hugs and luck Sacha! I feel like I have 2 more weeks of care free eating. LOL!

I'm wondering about birthing classes just for my husband as he has never done this before. LOL! He is truly concerned about HIMSELF, that he'll pass out. Poor guy.

Awe poor dh!! Mine is good with the blood and stuff as he is a farm boy birthing cows and horses, but he is a big baby to see me in pain. So he forgets he is my coach lol

Hey ladies!

Sach- chin up n :hugs: it could happen to any of us. My GT is on Nov 27th. But glad lil man is doing well!

AFM no flu shots for us, that crap literally almost sent me to my grave I was soooo sick from it.

I guess today is my V-day. LOL! I feel like I should get flowers & chocolates! Right now hubby & I are not speaking cuz he was being a bit of a jerkface this morning, so I have decided to completely not speak to him. Which in theory he probably loves LOL. Stupid argument over one of the kids not taking out garbage bin. The stupidity of it peed me off. Ammm soooo tired by the time I get home, I don't even eat. Just slather on the itch cream and lay down! My back is sooooo itchy :(

Iesha- hope your DH comes to his senses and apologizes soon lol! sorry about the itchies, sounds like it sucks

Sacha- the probs I had with bfing definitely didn't keep me from bonding, but I think that was mostly due to him being my 6th. I could see someone having issues with it if it was their first. yay baby looks good, but sorry about the test. I hope the hypnobirthing works! im gonna look into that as well. I need to find something that works in case I don't make it in time

Kellie- my Dh was the same with the first lol. men! I joke with him about it all the time now. of course he is a pro now so he thinks its funny. I still give him crap that I was the one in pain and labor while he was worried he was gonna pass out from "seeing something" lol man up!

Morning everyone...

I am beyond fed up and frustrated this morning !! So frustrated with this stupid gestational diabetes !! I was put on insulatard at night time only as my morning blood sugars where always between 5.6 - 6.0.... Which is kinda high they say it should be below 5.3... I am now on 16 units of Insulatard and my blood sugar this morning was 6.9 !!! Before bed it was 6.1... Surely after 16 units of insulin it should be lower and not higher... Any time i say to the diabetic team they just say put insulin up 2 units... I feel the insulin is doing more harm than good :cry: I know this probably doesn't make much sense in here :(

Now i wish i had stayed off google...

Commonly reported side effects of Insulin insulatard nph nordisk include nausea, dehydration, blood glucose increased, stroke, high blood pressure.

Charlene -were your glucose levels MUCH higher pre insulin? I would say 5.6 -6 is normal.

Possibly the criteria for diagnosis has changed but used to be
There are several different versions of the diagnostic criteria,[1] but the definition by the World Health Organization (WHO) is the most widely used.[2] Either of the following:
•Fasting venous plasma glucose ≥7 mmol/L (ie in diabetic range - don't rely on fasting plasma glucose to exclude GDM - do a two-hour glucose tolerance test if fasting glucose is below this).[3]
•Plasma glucose ≥7.8 mmol/L two hours after a 75 g glucose load as part of the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT). This group includes those with diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance (IGT).

It has been a long long time since I studied diabetes management at University and admit I am not obstetric / midwifery trained nor know much about GD specifically but this seems weird to me. unless your pre insulin glucose levels were high.

xxx No wonder you are annoyed I would be too, taking insulin and still being told your levels are too high xx :hugs:

I will admit I know nothing about sugar levels or GD but I want to give Charl a big hug! Jeez, mothers need to really be celebrated more often as to what we sacrifice to bring forth life.

Yes hubby was much nicer by evening. My sciatica is kicking in and he has been very sweet.

Donna... My blood sugars where 5.6 - 6.0 before i started any insulin... Since starting Insulin they have creeped up everyday day or so and this morning was 6.9 when ive been told this should be less than 5.3... Now ive googled it and read that sometimes insulin can increase blood glucose... Need to stay off google... I am finding it so frustrating :(

Iesha... Thanks... Oh and congratulations on your V day... Mines is tomorrow :) x

Char Gosh girl that doesn't sound fun. I know very little about the numbers part, but a lot more about the diet part. Though even I was going to ask right after reading your post, if the insulin is what is causing the increase. I have learnt that having three or four almonds or a slice of cheese (a protein) late at night can help keep your sugar down.

Iesha I am glad that your DH came around, but ouch I hate sciatic pain. I hope it isn't a constant for you.

So here I go ladies. I am going to my two hour test. I hope I make it with out puking this time, as I am already hungry and i won't be starting my test until after I drop DS4 at school, then I have to wait in line at the testing centre. Last time I didn't get to take my test until 9:45.

Sacha... Good luck with your test... I will be trying some cheese tonight and see if it makes a difference thanks :) x

Good luck Sacha!

I'm not familiar with Char, but I'm sorry you're going through this mess!! Have you contacted your doctor? Any idea what they'll do? Change meds? Sigh. . .

Iesha, have you tried benadryl for your itchies? It seems to help here, but I don't have them as severe as you do. Itching is miserable!! Glad your hubs decided who was right and was nice to you. ;)

Achy belly this morning with a stuffy nose. Went to sleep around 12, had to pee at 1, 2, 4 and 6, then up at 8. Where does it all come from? I can't complain, as I have nothing to do but take care of myself and the dog. LOL

Oh guys I haven't even hit the first hour and I am feeling absolutely aweful. I feel like it is all going to come back up. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Sacha... Its a horrible time... Ask for some water, see if that helps... How much longer have you got to go ? Do they give you something to eat after ??

They didn't give me anything. I should have brought my own water. They did give me a ice pack for the back of my neck that helped with the nausea. I was worried about driving but I was feeling a little bit better once the two hours was over. I have eaten and still feel strange, but I am sure that my body needs a bit more time to even itself all out. I am definitely needing a nap now. though I am sure once the coffee I had to get right after will keep me up. I was having crazy withdraw symptoms right at the end. So I went scrambling for caffeine. Not like I drink much but I do have a small cup a day first thing just to keep the headache away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->