PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Well I plan to use cloth nappies this time but wont stress out if I cannot get into it, or find disposables just so much easier that I go back to them lol -

Here's some I bought today - so cute lol xx

They are adorable!! Cloth nappies sure have come a long way since the days of changing my younger sisters. Back then it was a piece of stinky wet towel and a pin that I either stuck her, or myself with. I too am seriously considering the cloth diaper route this time around.

sacha- it did feel like razor blades!!! they even kept checking me for yeast infection several times. finally a lc told me it was just painful like that for some women.

my first 5 mos of bfing was truly horrendous. I honestly would have switched him to formula if #1 he wasn't allergic to milk so would have had to have soy formula and #2 he would have taken a bottle. I think I waited too long at 2 mos old to introduce a bottle and he wouldn't touch one by then. I will be introducing this baby to one within a week or two of her being born. my little guy had top lip tie so had a bad latch which made my supply drop. I took herbs that gave me oversupply. got him to latch better, but just had tons of problems from there. he was not getting enough hindmilk, I had vasospasms, had to have a mole on the underside of my breast removed that was getting ripped half off all the time, got mastitis and clogged ducts, he had allergies to milk eggs and nuts so had to get that out of my diet, painful letdown, blisters on my nipples, you name it!!! if it could have went wrong it did. but, I wasn't some woman determined to keep bfing and therefore persevered. it was just that he refused to take a bottle, so I had no choice. around 5 months is when things finally started getting better and I actually started enjoying bfing. I did feel like it took away all those first moments of enjoying feeding and cuddling, kissing and stroking their face. there was just so much pain that most of the time my focus was on that and not on just enjoying and loving on my baby. anyone who says ff leaves a mom less bonded can shove it. just not true.

donna- love your cloth! we have quite a big stash. we do both though. i always use sposies when we are going somewhere and overnight. i haven't used my cloth since i had ms so bad. i keep saying im gonna bust them out again, but haven't yet.

Melissa I thought that was you that mentioned vasospasms. I feel you with the pain there. Reynauds is what I have. It typically takes me a month to two months to fully heal properly, until then I am constantly split and cracked. I too get the sharp stabbing pains shooting to my rib cage. Was told so often that I had thrush, but it wasn't. I was always told that I needed to improve his latch, but it wasn't it. I took that drug like you and it helped. I also used lanolin like it was going out of style, then covered my nipple in a piece of plastic wrap to keep them from reopening dry scabs on my nipples. With my first two I really had a heck of a time with BF. I did feel it was ruining my time bonding. Though even with all the pain with my last two I still seemed to really enjoy it. For me it was still very much strong bond for us, and I couldn't stand to let that go, so I just kept on through the pain. Eventually it did let up a bit. But as soon as it started to get cold again out it would start to bother me all over again LOL.

Donna I too am going to be cloth diapering this one. I found it helped save a bunch of money. Once he grew out of them we just kept him in the disposables.

I love the idea of cloth nappies but im not sure I might look into them as it would work out cheaper!!

ive not bf any of my babies purely because its just something that doesn't appeal to me and im quite screamish about my nipples and hate them being touched but this time I may just try once just so I no what it feels like. x

I will probably use disposables too if I am honest, once (if lol) baby sleeps through the night then disposables will be going o lol, and any long journeys too

Good luck with this cycle Claire -hope you get your BFP <3

I had the flu jab today and have been left feeling awful :( Light headed, nauseous, weak and lethargic; and my arm aches :'( - wish I hadn't bothered

Hi ladies sorry not been on here I have been feeling nauseous and I can't eat much or drink running after my 16 month is interesting lol I have got my 12 week scan on the 15 th I can't wait I'm counting down the days :happydance: I also have my flu jab on Friday how is everyone doing ?

thanks donna I really hope so!! hope you feel better tomorrow!!

fairydust hope you start to feel better soon too!!!

what were your first symptoms?? yesterday I had bad cramps and seriously though af was coming but thankfully she didn't! and my nipples were stinging!! more cramps today and my hips are a little sore. fx!!

thanks donna I really hope so!! hope you feel better tomorrow!!

fairydust hope you start to feel better soon too!!!

what were your first symptoms?? yesterday I had bad cramps and seriously though af was coming but thankfully she didn't! and my nipples were stinging!! more cramps today and my hips are a little sore. fx!!

Thank you Hun my first symptoms were my boobs they were sore I had some cramping too
How is it going with you Hun ?

Fairydust yeah the beginning really sucks! Hope you are coping alright.

I am doing alright. I had an amazing sleep last night, so I am very grateful for that. I too am going to get my flu shot!!

Just popping in to say hello and quickly catch up... Really cold here today and ive got the worst heartburn ever... Ive never had the flu jag... I have letters in for my 3 year old and 2 year old to get it though... Will be the 1st time they have had :shrug:

ricschick... Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month !!

allforthegirl... Wish i could say the same about sleep... Ive not had a decent sleep in so long... Makes all the difference when you get a good sleep :)

The flu shot always makes me so ill, there's no way I'm doing it this year.

My first symptoms with all of my pg's were sore, heavy, tingly boobs. ;)

I hope your sickness passes soon fairydust! It's quite the long haul when you're feeling so ill. Hugs!

I'm feeling okay. I have realized I really just need to take it easy. When I over do I am miserable and contracting.

Please do take it easy Kellie -that's your body telling you to stop xxx

Claire - I had sore boobs early on, increased salivation and very watery discharge, then nothing lol -was so convinced I wasn't actually pregnant by the time my scan came around, as I had no symptoms, and it kind of worried me lol

Sacha yay for a good sleep, I slept really well last night too, no night time loo trips painful SPD, round ligament pain or leg cramps for a change and no 3yo coming in for a cuddle at 5am ether Bliss!! lol -Shame it only happens once in a blue moon lol

I feel better from this morning too, thank goodness! And Charlene my 3yo just had his flu shot too (inhalation method for them, no jab) and he has been totally fine; although he has to have a second dose in 4weeks which I wasn't aware of. xx

for the flu thing for 3 year olds do I need to approach them or will I be contacted? x

Char I have been working at raising my vibration. When you do that sleep is usually is very heavy. The more I do it the better I sleep.

I am taking my lo in to the dr this afternoon. He fell down the stairs and hurt his ankle. He is complaining about walking on it. I'm sure it is just a sprain but I just want to make sure. Half way to school today as we are walking he started to complain more and said "mommy I lied it hurts a lot!"

for the flu thing for 3 year olds do I need to approach them or will I be contacted? x

I got a letter from the health department saying that we were getting it, then 2 weeks later got an invite from my surgery :) Might be different in England though (or even health board ), Charlene and I are both under same health board xxx :hugs:

I got a letter from the health department saying that we were getting it, then 2 weeks later got an invite from my surgery :) Might be different in England though (or even health board ), Charlene and I are both under same health board xxx :hugs:

Yeah i was the same... I actually thought it was a letter from the health visitor at first, my 7 year old is getting his at school, just had a form from school nurse... I will need to get the other 2 boys along for theirs... i was a bit apprehensive at 1st because this is the first year they have offered it to them... But think id rather they have it than get sick... I also didn't know you had to go back in 4 weeks.

Yeah i was the same... I actually thought it was a letter from the health visitor at first, my 7 year old is getting his at school, just had a form from school nurse... I will need to get the other 2 boys along for theirs... i was a bit apprehensive at 1st because this is the first year they have offered it to them... But think id rather they have it than get sick... I also didn't know you had to go back in 4 weeks.

Our school aren't doing it yet - do they get the jab or the inhaler ?
xx

not going near a flu shot for us. :nope:

kellie- im going through the same thing. over did this weekend and paid for it with cramps, backache, and feet aching. overly exhausted today. you would think we would know by now to take it easy :dohh:

claire- hope this is it!!!

hoe everyone else is doing well <3

I am looking into childbirth classes to refresh myself. my last baby came so fast I didn't have time for an epi (or anything else for that matter) so I feel I need some pain management techniques in case it happens again. anyone else looking into classes???

not going near a flu shot for us. :nope:

kellie- im going through the same thing. over did this weekend and paid for it with cramps, backache, and feet aching. overly exhausted today. you would think we would know by now to take it easy :dohh:

claire- hope this is it!!!

hoe everyone else is doing well <3

I am looking into childbirth classes to refresh myself. my last baby came so fast I didn't have time for an epi (or anything else for that matter) so I feel I need some pain management techniques in case it happens again. anyone else looking into classes???

I am not going to classes as such, but my aqua natal class is ran by a midwife and we are welcome to stay for the parental class afterwards if we like -I don't think I will hang about (only been 3 years since our youngest), but know if there is anything being discussed I fancy then I can lol :haha: I plan on using my birthing pool and entenox for pain relief and think I will look into hypnobirthing -so if they discuss that I will definitely stay for that
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"