PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

I have a question for you ladies. I was at my SIL shower last weekend and she got loads of sleep sacks. I made a comment that I probably use one, and my mother was like oh no yes you will. OOOps I guess she bought me one, but the one she got was the swaddling kind that arms don't come out. Though it got me thinking are they really necessary? My LO will be sleeping with me so I didn't think he needed anything else to keep him warm. Or are those things just for sleeping by themselves?

I wouldn't use one if baby is in with you, think he would overheat. I have loads of them and only use them when they are sleeping in cot/moses basket with no covers. x

I love the sleeping bags as thry often kick off their covers so il be using one again but I wouldn't if baby is sleeping with you x

Hey guys, just popping in quickly. I'm gonna post Halloween pics later. Just going home from work. Sooo tired. One Saturday down, 2 more to go. It was rough. I really enjoy being lazy Saturdays :( I did get a lovely blessing my big boy told me he swept & mopped, vaccum & cleaned all the bathrooms. & now he is doing his little brothers laundry. For a kid who will be 15 next month I lucked out huh? He is such a special guy!

The nursing/maternity bra thing. Never owned one, & can I tell u ladies my boobs don't even grow! I already think they are probably small (compared to the rest of me) but they haven't changed a bit. Just my nipples get slightly darker, but size wise NADA lol. Even after birth they get just a wee bit full but basically same sz in general. Poor me, good thing hubby an ass man :rofl:

Wow Iesha that is so awesome of your son to do that. :thumbup: I had to stand guard as my children did their chores today. I hate doing it but sometimes it is a must.

I must have over done it somewhere. Just not sure doing what, but I am feeling pretty awful today. Unless it is the flu shot, but I don't think so. I have been battling with an achy lower ab all day, and now my back is just aggravating me :shrug: Maybe there is a simple explanation.... I am pregnant!

Iesha bless your son how lovely if him!! I have to remind mine if the little chores they do have!
Aftg I hope you feel better tomorrow! Xx

sacha- yay for passing! we use the sleep sacks (not the swaddling kind) for the first couple weeks and we co-sleep. after that the baby gets too hot. aahhh looking forward to cuddling a newborn all night again <3

iesha- yay for your 15 yr old helping out! its so refreshing. my kids have kinda a lot of chores, but they still surprise me sometimes and do extra and even let me sleep in while they do it. lovely!

Sacha glad you passed and hope the aches and pains are resolved today x

Iesha - what a fab son you have, mine help when they want something or on pocket money day otherwise it is really forced as they try and put things off constantly.

Claire -how are you hunny?

Melisa -cannot wait for the early baby days cuddling my newborn too <3

I was working all day yesterday and was in pain with my SPD after only 2 hrs in -eeek!! Hobbling and waddling and feeling like I had been kicked in the hoo-ha lol Everyone (bar the actual boss, who never spoke to me all day; think her philosophy was if she didn't see it, then it didn't happen lol - scared she would need to offer to let me go home I think haha), anyway everyone else was so sweet, really concerned about me and trying to help out as much as possible. The second in charge offered me to go home lol but if I go off now, that will be me, I wont be back and I am trying to make it a few more weeks at least :(

Bit better today though, and need to rest - My boss phoned this morning and asked if I could do extra hours tonight lol -she really IS clueless haha.

xxx

Donna... How many more weeks are you working before you go on maternity leave ? Did you tell your boss where to go this morning... SPD really sucks... Hope you can manage a few more weeks :(

Iesha... I need a son like yours !! My 15 year old will only help with housework when he wants something in return... Just getting him to put his dirty washing in the basket is an effort .

Charlene - I was originally planning stopping at 32 weeks, but secretly hoping to reach 28 weeks, now I will just see how things go :( I have 2 more weeks then am off on parental leave for a week and that would take me to nearly 27 weeks when I return. So looks like 28 weeks might be realistic if not sooner. I need to go in this week to HR and put in my official leaving date lol; so 32 weeks for that, but hmmmmmmmmmmm don't think so lol. Looks like a few weeks on the sick will be coming up. I feel bad going sick though, but refuse to take early mat leave and lose the precious time afterwards with my new baby because of this stupid SPD grrrrrrrrrrrr

xxx

Donna that sounds just awful. I sure hope that it goes quickly and doesn't get any worse for you, though I know that may be wishful thinking.

I am feeling a bit better this morning, though because we watched a movie last night, I didn't get my usual sleep. I am sure I will just trudge along. LOL

Donna that spd sounds horrid. I really am having more aches n pains this time round, but I don't think in hindsight its anything like your coping with although I do an am getting that kicked in the crotch bone pain lol too!

Thanks ladies, my eldest is a special guy. He has always been my little caretaker. My daughter who will be 14 next month WHOLEEEE different story. Soooooo lazy, but of course she is an accomplished student whereas my big helper is learning disabled and gets in trouble at school all the time for foolishness. Mouthing off, just being a badass which is funny since at home he is a mama's boy so sweet n kind and helpful! My 2 younger boys too l-a-z-y! omg n sooooo nasty lol....so I always try to think they all have good n bad qualities, but yea the younger 3 gotta bribe them for simple stuff although they have regular unpaid chores but they are even so lazy at that. Jeez! So here are the Halloween pics, oh and I just did a lovely shop for lil miss online at old navy, they had crazy sales plus 30% off, so got a nice snowsuit, like 20 pair socks, 20 or so onesies, a jacket, some lil leggings and skinny jeans LOL 0-3 haaaa cant wait including tax $130 oh and that included a sweater for mummy (me)!! Anyhow she turns out to be a boy we are sooo screwed lol. So in the pics we have Chin aka Ninja, Tekia aka the lovelybug Kymani as the Dr. D. Capitate & the last is my big one Shemar as jabberwocky with the doc lol

Attachments

• chinha.jpg
    chinha.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 12
  • tekha.jpg
    tekha.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 13
  • kyha.jpg
    kyha.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 13
  • shamkyha.jpg
    shamkyha.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 14
Iesha well at least you have one really good helper. That certainly makes a big difference. Mine too have their chores, and my oldest always gets so mad cause he has more the his brother closest to him. Though there is a really good reason, DS2 is socially and mentally more like he is 6 than 10, so I have to keep his chores appropriate for his "real age". Though they all know that they have to get these chores done before they go out and/or play video games on not so nice days. I am very strict with this so they know they get nothing unless they are done. I know I am a hard a$$ but if I don't they will walk all over me. My problem with them and cleaning is if they have a chore to do together..... that is when I have to stand over them, they just can't seem to work together at something.

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

donna your a trooper for going in and doing the hours you do!! stupid boss!!
im fine ive been cramping now for a good 3 days straight not sure if its pregnancy related as this morning I woke up busting for the loo and found it hard to actually go a wee, thieve eased now tho. I think my sense of smell has increased because I can smell everything including things others cant lol but I don't want to get my hopes up. still feeling quite wet down below soz tmi but I was looking back on my old journal when we were trying for Jamie and my symptoms before my bfp was cramping sore boobs and feeling really wet so im hopeing!! will no by Friday hopefully and the:witch: wont come!! :thumbup:

great Halloween pics!!!

what chores do you give?? im gonna start giving them certain chores just not sure which ones!

Claire As for daily(ish) chores my 11 yo has to empty the dishwasher everyday, or more than once if we go through a lot. My 10 yo has to take out recycling and sometimes garbage. 7 yo has to pick up his room. My 3 yo his toys, I know this isn't much for him, but I get him to help me when I am cleaning. Randomly I pick one to clean the table before supper.

As for chores on the weekend, my 11 yo will have laundry (11yo and 10yo share a room), my 10 yo bathroom, 7 yo bathroom. They all have to put away their own laundry, even my 3 yo, help clean the playroom, front entrance, tidy up really what ever I feel they have neglected.

Sounds promising Claire!! :)

I can't imagine doing the job you do Donna. . .I have the kicked in crotch feeling most days, more prominent after sitting in a certain position then trying to walk. Hang in there!

Sacha, your kids are so little to have such great make up for halloween! I can't imagine mine sitting still for that long at that age. They look fab!

Iesha, SCORE on the Old Navy deals! I pretty much say every day that I need to get my butt in gear and start shopping. Great costumes for your kids as well!

Daylight savings ended here last night. . .nobody told the dog about the deal. ;) My girls started having chores very young. They're all old enough to take care of a lot these days but none of them live with me.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Kellie believe it or not the two younger ones (werewolves) only took me no more than 5 min. My eldest had a half mask that glued on, so I only needed to blend the skin colours in, and drip fake blood on him LOL I love doing face makeup.

Brilliant halloween pics !!

Claire... Your symptoms sound promising... Keeping my fingers crossed :)

I had a massive clearout of toys today... I will definitely not be buying any toys for Christmas for them this year !! Im exhausted... I also cleared out loads of clothes... My oldest takes out the rubbish and my OH does the dishwasher, i wouldn't trust any of them to do laundry... Probably my own fault that they don't do many chores as i don't trust them to do it right... Need to start trusting them with more chores... Nearly bath / bedtime here !!

donna- I feel so bad you are having such a tough time at work. I know what you mean about using up your time early though. my DH used some of his paternity leave with our last 2 babies at the end of the pregnancies since I was put on bedrest with both and it sucked after they came that he didn't get as much time.

as for chores my 13 and 15 yr olds alternate between laundry and dishes every day. which really can be a chore around here with about 2-3 loads of each a day. my 3 and 6 year olds straighten up the living room and play room and vacuum. the 1 and 2 year olds wipe down everything and dust. then I start school work for the 3, 6, 13, and 15 year olds. and the younger two I read books to and sing with in between school work.

I am really spoiled lately since my girls (the 13 and 15 yr old) have been getting the boys up and feeding them breakfast while I sleep in. they also make lunch for everyone. the most I do is make dinner every day. DH cleans up after dinner and we take turns bathing the LO's.

DH and I do the grocery shopping together and today I think I overdid it. my back is killing me, so im sitting here with the heating pad on. DH is making dinner tonight so I can sit a minute. I know its nothing like spd, but I get horrible back aches when im pregnant. just gets worse and worse as it goes along. since im so much bigger this time its starting earlier. boo

Melissa - Oh Backache is horrible - I haven't suffered too badly from it in general but have had the odd occasion when I have done something at work and pulled something and OMG Pain! Like nothing I have felt before -it is so hard to get on top of too, especially when pregnant I would imagine -hope you feel better soon

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->