PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Kellie- im glad you got a better nap today

Claire- I would say either you had a false surge the first time or you are pregnant. are you temping? cant wait to see another brand hpt!!!

Char- beautiful LO!!! sorry about the infection. hope it clears up very soon :hugs:

afm- im feeling very overwhelmed today. I was doing some research on pain management for fast labors. found out anything under 3 hrs is called a precipitous labor. that means my last 2 labors were. I found out that there isn't really much you can do for pain management. I would have thought a fast labor would be a blessing, but actually it really sucks. its traumatic and horrendous. the contractions begin very strong and too close together to even catch your breath. feeling very scared of it this time :( I read some posts of other women who experienced it and the techniques they were able to use in their previous labors were useless in their precipitous labors. great.

Melissa-Here is my genius advice off the top of my mad head #1) call ahead for an epi LOL...tell them to have it ready #2 Keep legs closed and let them know by any means necessary you are in extreme pain and need relief (assuming you do want medicated relief) DO NOT PUSH. I live by those 3 rules until I am sat comfortably with top up button firmly in my palm, finger on trigger. Then and ONLY then will I agree to pushing LOL!

Char- sorry about the infection probably nothing too serious, hopefully your not in any discomfort. Great pic of bubs ( I say boy)

Claire -TESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I also see line when its dry.
I used opk's but didnt use them as a preg test. I had some of those on hand, so I used them. I did get a more faint line on the cheapies, at about 16 dpo, but great lines on a frer & the other one (cant recall the name)

Kellie-glad you got some sleep...i know I DID *wink* *wink*

iesha you do make me laugh!!!

thanks Charlene gorgeous scan pic!! and hope the water infection clears up!!

its funny I asked my friend to buy me a superdrug test todays so she comes back with a boots one!:dohh:

ive done 3 opks today and they are all positive im gonna test again in the morning with a hpt. we shall see:shrug:

Melissa-Here is my genius advice off the top of my mad head #1) call ahead for an epi LOL...tell them to have it ready #2 Keep legs closed and let them know by any means necessary you are in extreme pain and need relief (assuming you do want medicated relief) DO NOT PUSH. I live by those 3 rules until I am sat comfortably with top up button firmly in my palm, finger on trigger. Then and ONLY then will I agree to pushing LOL!
name)

I would love if this would work lol. unfortunately if its like last time it wouldn't matter. I barely made it to the hospital last time and that hospital was only 15 mins away. the one I have to go to this time is about 45 mins. I know a lot of women on bnb are against induction, but I honestly think if I make it far enough it will be better than any other outcome for me. at least I will for sure be at the hospital and have the possibility of some relief. my ob offered me to be induced at 39 wks, then when she realized I usually go before then she said she would try to make it earlier. I usually go into labor on my own between 37-38 wks. I don't think they can agree to an induction that early without complications being present. im not sure how its gonna go, but I am very nervous for this labor. think there will be no bouncing on a birthing ball, extra walking, or sex the last month or 2 that im pregnant. I cant chance anything moving this along any quicker than its gonna go already

Awwww boo. I'm all for induction. I don't like surprises lol or rushing! A woman gave birth on the side of the highway few weeks ago...ermmm no thanks! If you make it to 37 wk ask for the induction, make 2 bounce on the ball & off u go LOL. I bet u are dialated by then so there is no reason u can't be induced but I bet u go into labor natural it just may buy u time.

I don't think she can do any earlier than 38 wks unless the baby is in danger somehow. I think I might agree to that and hope and pray I make it. I'm usually a couple days before 38 wks on my own and also between 3-4 cm dilated by then. maybe I will put myself on bedrest the last few weeks in an attempt to keep her in til induction lol.

side of the highway.... not for me :nope:

Melissa wow you have fast labour my shortest was 10 hours may be we can swop a little time il give you a few extra hours and il have a few less??

well I did an opk last night which was pos! this morning I did with fmu a opk and a hpt the opk was very pos and the hpt has a very faint line! see if you can see it?

the first one is slightly tweaked.
Image.jpg

photo 1 (1).jpg

photo 2 (3).jpg

I am the opposite, anything to prevent induction in my case lol :D -
1st labour was spontaneous but not progressing after 20hrs or so and they decided to break my waters -OMG the immense pain, the 4 hrs or so of pushing, the episiotomy , the pain afterwards from every muscle in my body aching (first baby though, so par for the course I thought)

2nd and third spontaneous (8hrs and 3hrs respectively) and yeah still some pain (of course I was birthing a 7-8lb baby lol) but no tears or episiotomy and home directly afterwards feeling empowered and full of adrenaline lol

4th baby - late induced, artificial rupture of membranes again (only no Pitocin or anything) horrendous experience, my body wasn't ready to labour, he was too high up, went into fetal distress passed meconium, lost his heart beat on scalp monitoring and I was sure we had lost him. People screaming for theatre to be arranged, no time was 10cms dilated and a few moments later in lithotomy position on stirrups with aid of forceps and no anaesthesia he was pulled from me. I tore, he had facial palsy due to forceps use (which resolved by the next morning) and I could not move due to pain in pelvis. Had severe SPD , was already on crutches and really should not have had stirrups used or forceps lol, but then bubs is here and healthy so that is all that matters really. But I truly feel, all the problems were caused by my induction when baby was just to ready to come yet.

They moved my date from LMP to scan date by a week last time (and this time too) so I am sure he would have come spontaneously in the next week and still not technically been as late as they thought.

I am really trying to focus on deliveries 2 and 3 lol, the thought of going through the induction again sends shivers down my spine and makes me feel physically sick :( Fingers crossed that I don't need to worry about it this time and this baby will be good and come on time lol (doubt it lol 3 out of 4 have been late so far haha)
xxxx

Donna I am with you, avoiding induction at all cost!! I don't like the way my body had to deal with it going too fast. I want that quiet approach that hypobirthing gives…. ahhhhh

I've only have 2 normal deliveries :( My 2nd i was induced and was the worst labour ever

My 1st labour started 2 days late, my waters broke, i got to hospital and i was more than half way there... Was a total of 6 hours... i had an episiotomy he was 7lb exactly.

My 2nd i was induced, i started having pains and was told to go to sleep they were only prostin pains, eventually she must have got fed up with me pestering her and sent me to labour ward, I had a lovely midwife there, she examined me and i was more than half way there again... I was having 1 contraction on top of the other... totally couldn't cope, was screaming for pain relief, epidural, c/section, was told that the baby was in distress and that they where taking me for a c/section, i wasn't allowed pain relief, I started pushing before i should have, had a 2nd degree tear and 8lb 15oz baby... i swore never ever again id have another !!

Baby 3 was breech and i was told they dont do breech deliveries so at 38 weeks i had a c/section, really wish now i had insisted that they waited till 40 weeks just incase he turned. I had a PPH and lost nearly 2 litres of blood.

Number 4 i was told i could have a VBAC right up till 3 weeks before my due date then i was told id need another section.

Last pregnancy another c/section at 39 weeks and this pregnancy id love a VBAC but deep down i know i will end up another c/section, no one seems to want to support me, consultant, midwife, even my own family :(

It is hard to find cute unisex stuff. Other wise your baby ends up just wearing all grey, green and yellow. It would get a boring after awhile. Just buy enough for the first few days then go crazy once you have baby!!

It is hard to find cute unisex stuff. Other wise your baby ends up just wearing all grey, green and yellow. It would get a boring after awhile. Just buy enough for the first few days then go crazy once you have baby!!

This is what I am planning to do :haha: - unless he is a boy then I have a full wardrobe of stuff; in which case we don't need anything and I will probably only buy a few things.
Neutral wise I have bought, 6 newborn sleepsuits and 6 vests and 2 little outfits , 6 0-3 month sleepsuits , 6 vests and a snowsuit and a couple of tiny first size hats and scratch mittens. I am going to get a newborn snowsuit and some neutral coloured cardigans then I am done , until after he/she arrives.

Those trousers you bought are adorable.

I honestly wanted to buy way more than just three but I sent it to my mother so maybe I will get a few more LOL

I have to post a pic of the skinny jeans I got for the baby. I forgot how tiny newborn things are! Sooo cute! I've noticed grey is s big unisex color but its so boring. This was one of the reasons I couldn't stay team yellow :( that & I probably have like a touch of adult a.d.d LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->