PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Firstly mel you do make me laugh and I'm with you I couldn't bare cats peeing everywhere we have 2 cats mother and daughter and thankfully they go outside to do there business!! But we had a nightmare with the daughter cat this past 3 days, as you no we moved and dh got the mother cat and she happily went into her box to move to the new house but jinx she went and which is so unlike her she must have been scared and scratched dh leg so she ran off and it has taken us 3 days to catch her!! But thankfully I got her last night and she's in her new home! I'm feeling better today I did not smell good yesterday lol thought dh was going to divorce me lol.

The the new buts Iesha really lovely and great bargains Donna!!! Love the bouncer chair!!! I can't wait to buy stuff but will wait til after 12 weeks! 😉

Fiesty Mel. I have had cats most of my life. We had one that my previous hubby wanted and he was just a crabby guy. I didn't like him much but the kids did. We had him close to seven years and this past year he was just nasty to everyone, even our dogs and my poor older cat. He would take off out the door and not come back until the middle of the night and when you would go get him he wouldn't come in, then the moment you stepped out the door to grab him he would eff off. Then when he was in the house he started to get lazy and pee down stairs in the middle of the night while sleeping with the older boys. I couldn't handle the peeing either. The boys weren't paying any attention and the moment he started not being nice to me I made the decision to find him a new home. When it finally did happen my boys didn't even notice….. So yah I don't deal with pee very well either.

Iesha I love the stuff you bought. I actually had my eye one that carseat stroller combo if I was going to have a girl. I love it. Great choices!!

Donna you are just on a bargain roll here. I wish we had places like that. We have a second hand stores and I find them not all that cheap. They mainly have name brand clothing that I find is more than what I can find at Walmart...

:cry: I have gestational diabetes. :wacko:

I have to make an appointment with the diabetic educator and will have to check my blood 4 times a day. Just hoping I can control it with diet alone. I'm measuring right on target right now, can you have GD and still have a normal sized baby? That's my biggest fear. My first was 9lb 8oz and quite the challenge to deliver. I did low carb for many years so the diet doesn't scare me. Sigh. I really did enjoy my time with the sweets though, no regrets! ;)

I have to make an appointment with the diabetic educator and will have to check my blood 4 times a day. Just hoping I can control it with diet alone. I'm measuring right on target right now, can you have GD and still have a normal sized baby? That's my biggest fear. My first was 9lb 8oz and quite the challenge to deliver. I did low carb for many years so the diet doesn't scare me. Sigh. I really did enjoy my time with the sweets though, no regrets! ;)

Aww hun -I really don't know but I am sure they will monitor you and bubs closely now :hugs::hugs:

AWWWWWW SHIT Kellie!!!!!!!!!! i'm so sorry! Jeez, well no idea here, but I am assuming you can have a normal sized baby, it is very common with ppl in my culture to have it (like the indo-carribean & black carribean women) and a lot that I know have very normal sized babies. Good thing you got that Ice cream in before huh? LOL sorry joke in bad taste. Good thing is there are so many diabetic food options nowadays, I bet you will control it no problem. It doesnt seem to me you have gained weight excessively.....my paranoia is really kicking in though about my own GD test!!!! Were dropping like flies out here in the preggo trenches!!!

Donna- I love your pram! I wish you could see the stuff I am seeing in woodland creatures online & in stores here in North America...it's like 2013/2014 is the YEAR of the woodland!!! lol...

Question for you ladies. I am looking at bedding sets...so all my 4 kids had the standard crib sets including bumpers, now everyone on this site so sids crazy and have me paranoid that im such a dusty mom if I put the bumper on my newborn will magically move to the rails and inhale the bumper and die. I am a little irritated as I really hesitate to second guess what I have always done as a mum just because Its been 9 years since I've had a newborn. Im standing firm on swaddling the babe. This is what I'm used to, never used sleep sacks, and do not believe swaddling is bad for hips as these so called expert firsttime mums on bnb would have u believe. What are your thoughts?

AWWWWWW SHIT Kellie!!!!!!!!!! i'm so sorry! Jeez, well no idea here, but I am assuming you can have a normal sized baby, it is very common with ppl in my culture to have it (like the indo-carribean & black carribean women) and a lot that I know have very normal sized babies. Good thing you got that Ice cream in before huh? LOL sorry joke in bad taste. Good thing is there are so many diabetic food options nowadays, I bet you will control it no problem. It doesnt seem to me you have gained weight excessively.....my paranoia is really kicking in though about my own GD test!!!! Were dropping like flies out here in the preggo trenches!!!

Question for you ladies. I am looking at bedding sets...so all my 4 kids had the standard crib sets including bumpers, now everyone on this site so sids crazy and have me paranoid that im such a dusty mom if I put the bumper on my newborn will magically move to the rails and inhale the bumper and die. I am a little irritated as I really hesitate to second guess what I have always done as a mum just because Its been 9 years since I've had a newborn. Im standing firm on swaddling the babe. This is what I'm used to, never used sleep sacks, and do not believe swaddling is bad for hips as these so called expert firsttime mums on bnb would have u believe. What are your thoughts?

HAHAHA. . .I'm THRILLED that I enjoyed my sweets while it lasted!!!!

I'm going to forgo the bumper pads, it's not worth the risk to me, I also will be swaddling. :)

I had a bumper on Dawson's cot, but as he co slept with me until 6months we never used it at all -By the time he was 6 months and going in his own cot for part of the night, we took it off as he was trying to pull himself up on it and it was just giving him leverage he never needed lol.

I never heard the one about hip problems with swaddling LOL -Although I have never swaddled, my babies just never liked it -they slept more like starfish, sprawled out arms and legs in opposite corners haha

Also due to me co-sleeping with Dawson I never used sleep bags either and by the time he went into his own cot he never liked them, too restrictive to do the star fish lmao

xxx

Kellie I know many women that have had GD and have normal sized babies, have even heard of smaller ones. So I am sure as long as you are able to keep it under control you will be just fine ;)

Iesha I will not be using bumpers as I haven't put them on with my last three, so won't be this time. I too will also be swaddling, I have bought a package of three muslin swaddle blankets. I too will be baby wearing, so isn't that the same as swaddling?? I don't know, what I do know that it can really benefit the baby to be swaddled. Oh and as for the sleep sacks I don't think I will use them either. though I know my mother bought me one, so I guess I will try it out, but he will be co-sleeping with me and I am sure all these moms you talked to would yell at me too for that. :haha: But I wouldn't care, this is what works for me and if they want to get out of bed to feed their babies every time they wake that is their choice. I have done that with my first two as I bottle fed and since I will be nursing I am just going to roll over and hand him the boob and go back to sleep….. :sleep:

Kellie I know many women that have had GD and have normal sized babies, have even heard of smaller ones. So I am sure as long as you are able to keep it under control you will be just fine ;)

Iesha I will not be using bumpers as I haven't put them on with my last three, so won't be this time. I too will also be swaddling, I have bought a package of three muslin swaddle blankets. I too will be baby wearing, so isn't that the same as swaddling?? I don't know, what I do know that it can really benefit the baby to be swaddled. Oh and as for the sleep sacks I don't think I will use them either. though I know my mother bought me one, so I guess I will try it out, but he will be co-sleeping with me and I am sure all these moms you talked to would yell at me too for that. :haha: But I wouldn't care, this is what works for me and if they want to get out of bed to feed their babies every time they wake that is their choice. I have done that with my first two as I bottle fed and since I will be nursing I am just going to roll over and hand him the boob and go back to sleep….. :sleep:

Lol me too lmao :haha::haha: baby can suckle all night as long as I get some sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

Donna- that pram is gorgeous! great job on the bargain!

Kellie- so sorry to hear :( at least you have some sense about the diet and willpower to do it. that would be a hard part for me.

Iesha- its starting to worry me too about the GD! seems like everyone is getting it. I hadn't ever heard about swaddling hurting their hips. I guess we are fogies who don't know the 'new' ways to raise a baby. DH and I are taking a class on that book 'the happiest baby on the block' next month and they are giving us a free swaddle blanket so cant be too bad right? some of mine loved swaddles and some hated it so I will just see what works with this one. cant help on the bumper. I only had one crib with my first and it wasn't used. co-slept with all of them til they moved to toddler beds. I think I saw a mesh bumper while I was out baby shopping recently, but I cant be sure that's what it was exactly since we don't pay much attention to the crib/crib bedding section. I say follow your instincts. its natural and more accurate than new age ideas which are always changing.

Yea, great advice, I guess I will leave out the bumper this time. I really get so peed off when these mums here go off about sids...like how did all our kids survive?????????? Ae they all miracles? Its just forcing ppl to dwell on something no one can control no matter what. What must the mums do but torture themselves if they follow all the safety "rules" to a T and tragically their baby passes *shudder* Crazy.
I am going to swaddle and if they stretch out its fine, you know you an only swaddle to a point then they just kick off everything. I swear I almost smashed my screen yesterday when they said its not good for hips...my aswer was ok then wy do they TIGHTLY swaddle your baby in the hospital...umm yea. *roll eyes* drammmmatic. I forgot I didnt share with you guys the cute invites for my baby shower. I'm getting slightly spoiled because it's Kevin's first, and long break in btween. God help me if we have anymore, lol gifts n fuss n shower wise I wil probably be SOL!

Attachments

• kks.jpg
    kks.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2
  • kks2.jpg
    kks2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2

:hugs: Hope you can control it diet only and yes you can have a normal sized baby... You will probably get extra scans to check babys growth :hugs:

Hi everyone...

Had another scan today... Still team :yellow: so proud of myself... When she was measuring babys thigh bone i was trying to figure out what i could see... Couldn't see anything between the legs, but im no expert... Everything looks good with baby, he/she is 906grams... Only on the 10th centile just now... I am now on 2 different insulins for GD

LOL fantastic update..your will power is on point!

I am jealous I dont get anymore scans...booooo!

Hi girls wow its been awhile for me
I'm sorry Kellie im sure with management your baby won't be too big
Sorry to hear some of U are struggling with pet or kid issues
Also love all the baby buys - gorgeous!
AFM passed my gd test- yay! Buuttttt... Have really low iron levels and may need a blood transfusion :( all that ms was not great for getting the red meat in but the good news is the iron tablets don't make me sick at all. Also have my baby shower on Saturday so excited as I've never had one before yay!

Char you have great will power, good for you for sticking to your guns!!

Masonbaby that sucks that you are having issues with iron, though I am glad that the iron is doing well in your tummy!!

Hugs Mason'sbaby! I have low iron as well. So far the iron supplement isn't making me too ill either.

Thanks ladies! I'm feeling good about everything. A better eating plan certainly can't hurt in the long run with losing baby weight. ;)

Iesha- how did any of our children survive with such poor advice back then lol?? loooove the invites, very cute!

great job char!! there is no way I would make it, especially with extra scans :thumbup: sorry about the GD meds boo :(

Masonsbaby- hope the iron levels even out :hugs:

Ieaha - those invites are cute, hope you are enjoying being spoiled ad rightly so too, with my baby number 4 it was all VERY special again after such a gap, this time different story LOL. I love being pregnant and it is super special to me but no-one else ever mentions it lol -I look forward to going to work because there, they actually acknowledge I am having a baby. My mum has sent me one text in as many months to ask how I am, my eldest sister said 'oh I forgot you were pregnant last time she saw me, and my youngest sisters I have not seen in about 6 months. DH's parents, sister and brother have never mentioned it, hardly even a congratulations (think his sis said something like' OMG Congrats but lol rather you than me' My Dad always asks - and my daughter and youngest sons are super excited so I suppose that is enough :)

Charlene - well done on staying team yellow! yay And glad bubs is doing good, sorry about your sugars and insulin . Jealous to not having more scans too lol, but hope I don't have GD and have to eat my words xx

Morning everyone - hope you are all having a good day <3 xx

Hey guys
Love the invites Iesha very cute I love being made a fuss off but we don't do baby showed so booooo to that!!!

So sorry kellie about the gd! But in sure you will do great with the diet change and baby will be a normal size!!
Weldone char for keeping to team yellow&#128079; I'd like a surprise this time too not sure if we can wait tho lol!

I didn't use bumpers either purely because I don't really see the point of them?? And swaddling again I use as and when. I don't co-sleep but that's just because I can't sleep when the kids are in our bed it just doesn't work for me.
Afm not impressed as I've had to wait for the bloody underlay for the carpet for 4 days now!!! Stupid people!!! Went to the docs on Monday and got refered to the hospital I wanted so I can't wait now to receive my booking in appointment just have to remember what tines the others were born there's always a couple I forget lol cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->