PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

OMG it is so freaking cold this morning here. -27C Look like I will driving everyone to school. YUCK who said I wanted to go out in this LOL

One thing I am enjoying is that DS4, on his own, decided to get himself dressed before breakfast in the morning like the other boys. I am so proud of him!!

Day 2 of very little pain in bed, well ligament wise anyways. I am still getting stiff in bed so I am turning all the time. I am trying not to sleep on my back but I always seem to wake up on it. Anyone else having this issue?

It was 60 here yesterday. . .wind chill is 4 right now. I would give an arm or leg for a fenced in back yard for the dog about now. Brrrrrr

Hi girls can i join you?

I'm due bubba #4 in August, but will be born late July via c-section :) .. Its still not sunk in yet, but I've only known about Little One for 2 days x

I was so sure i posted here today... Lol think i replied to everyone in my head... Ive lost the plot... Lol :haha:

Iesha... Lovely bump... I must try get a bump pic on here...

LittleMinx... Hi... Congrats on number 4 :) What do you have already ?

Sacha... Seriously -27... i thought it was cold here when i seen -1 this morning... Could not do -27 !!! Glad your pain is easing a little !!

Donna... Double digits now :happydance:

Hi everyone else... My diaper/nappy bag was free from boots lol... Kellie i like the 1 you have pick on amazon though :)

OMG -27 How do you cope with that?

And welcome to littleminx congrats xx

Yay double digits:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Welcome :hi:

-27C is not as cold as it will get here. It isn't uncommon to go down below -40C. It is just the shock of going from -14 to that, that sucks.

So I made my boys some neck warmers today and now my girl friend wants me to make her some. :haha:

image.jpg

Welcome :hi:

-27C is not as cold as it will get here. It isn't uncommon to go down below -40C. It is just the shock of going from -14 to that, that sucks.

So I made my boys some neck warmers today and now my girl friend wants me to make her some. :haha:

View attachment 701373

Looking good!!
Get yourself a wee page on facebook selling them , with temps as low as that I guess you would sell loads :)

xxx

I am going to post my friends stuff once I am done and see if anyone is interested. May help make some extra cash.

Wow -27 omg I couldn't cope I hate being cold! And I love the neck warmers!!!

Congrats and welcome littleminx!! How old are your 3 kiddies? I'm on my 5th just got my Bfp a week ago! Xxx

Hope everyone is doing good today!! It's nearly dec and I've done nothing for Xmas yet!!! Been soooo busy xx

Rant coming...

MIL had a toddler bed for us, she was keeping it until we needed it but obviously got fed up with it being in her spare room... So she was up a few days ago and says " We are hiring a van... since the bed you have for Sam is falling apart, do you want the bed we have up ? " Now the bed sam is in simply needed a wee plastic bed rail moved up... it was hardly falling apart... But i thought ok, i will get rid of sams bed and take this other 1... I must admit i hadn't seen this other bed until FIL dropped it off... I could not believe the state this bed was in, it was supposed to be almost brand new, the wood is split at both the headboard and bottom of bed where whoever put it together tightened the screws too much... Its missing screws and even when we have put extra screws in still wobbles and is in a much worse state than the perfectly fine bed i just got rid of... Lesson learned do not agree to take anything until ive seen it... Cant believe MIL actually thought this other bed was in a better condition than the 1 we where already using.... Sigh now i will be out of money to replace this bed, my own fault for not checking it out 1st :dohh::shrug:

ricschick... I have also done nothing yet for Christmas... I swore i was gonna be organised this year... I am starting to panic !! x

Thanks for the welcome girls :hugs:

I have 2 girls who are 14 & 4, and a boy of 7 :cloud9: ... And i have an inkling that this is another girl.

I am so nervous today as its AF day! So far she has stayed away, but i'm getting worked up that she is going to arrive as my cramps are back.. Not bad, but there. But at the same time my exhaustion is really bad today along with the nausea :sick:

xx

littleminx- it is so hard finding out so early isn't it? I found out at 3w+1d and was convinced every day until I was officially 'late' that AF would come lol

Charlene and Claire OMG how can you not have started Xmas shopping yet lol? OMG I was panicking about 4/5 weeks ago that i wasn't organised and have been like a crazy person since. Am almost done now I think. I do most of my shopping online though and would panic in case I couldn't get the stuff I was wanting lol ... and not fit to go shopping with SPD

xxxx

Welcome littleminx and congratz!

Thanks for the link Kellie!

Sacha - that is incredibly cold! LOVE the neck warmers!

Charl - I know what you mean, although for me its often my mother who thinks anything she finds is better than what I have. Learned my lesson the hard way too. Hope you find a good bed that works well!

Christmas shopping?! Holy cow, haven't even started, no idea what I want to do or even who all I am buying for. Hubby's family had done a gift exchange for years where each person drew one other person's name and we had a $50 limit, but haven't the last 2 years. There are roughly 20 people in that group now that he and his cousins are grown and starting families. It is tough because I feel like we are all close enough to want to exchange gifts with everyone, but shopping for 20+ people and shipping stuff out is intimidating. Last year I planned on doing something craftsy or homemade goodies or something, but then remembered - I'm rubbish at both of those. This year I have slightly more confidence, but same level of organization (none). Then there is my side of the family...Some times my youngest sister & her OH go on rants about materialism and decry any presents. Other times they get upset if they don't get 'as much' as they perceive my family gets, because my mom will buy tons of gifts for my kids and somehow my little sister still feels like she's 'one of the kids' (she is 27!!! and he is 34; they should know better!). How do you guys handle large families like that? Anyone have a gift exchange system that seems to work?

What kind of things do you usually get for your kids? DH and I typically let Santa and my mother gift a ton of toys, and we wrap clothing and stuff like that for under the tree. We figure a single present makes sense, especially since the kids already get all kinds of other 'special' things during the holiday season from us. Last weekend we did Disney on Ice, in 2 weeks I'll be taking DD1 to the Nutcracker Suite, all 3 get to go shopping and pick out new fancy outfits for the holiday, including shoes... And I'm sure there are other things I'm just forgetting. But, I compare myself to my mother (I know, bad idea), and she'd always wrap a ton of stuff for us AND Santa would go crazy. Will my kids feel less loved because they don't have 10+ things to open from mom and dad? I'm currently chalking my insecurity up to normal pregnancy paranoia!

I tend to buy about 15 presents per child, that is a present from each child to each other, their main present (s) from us, and the rest from Santa (even though only the youngest is a true believer now; we all still love Santa lol) Santa's gifts tend to be, for the younger ones games, books, toys, clothing, sweets etc and for the older ones scents, toiletries, clothing, calendars diaries sweets etc

I do a Xmas stocking for all including hubby (and the past couple of years DD has done one for me too) but this year me and hubby are getting very little as we are going to be paying for the new bathroom lol

My daughter is 19 this year so she will get money for clothing from us, My eldest son wants a PS4, son number 2 -Xbox / TV and the little one has a scooter and a play dough table .

I have 6 nieces and 8 nephews and now a great niece and a great nephew too, so brothers and sister and grandparents get a token present and the rest is for the kids. Only way to do it until I win the lotto or something lol.

I love the idea of a secret Santa and spending more money on one chosen /random person but my family are always falling out and someone NOT talking to someone lol - so for us this is the best way

I love Christmas -cannot wait to get our decorations and tree up and get the Christmas songs on and go visit Santa in his Grotto -in fact Santa is arriving in our town tomorrow to switch on the Christmas lights yay!!!!

Donna that sounds like a good plan! I also know what you mean about the secret Santa thing... I liked the idea when I 'married' into it, but could never imagine my extended family doing it. Between a couple near blood feuds between my aunts (quite literally slept with each other's now ex-husbands, stuff like that), and all the other drama surrounding that side of the family I wouldn't really expect it to work! DH's family is so surprisingly low drama, it honestly feels surreal sometimes.

I'm glad you mentioned gifts from the siblings to each other. We did have the kids pick 1 present each for their siblings, and it worked really well, but I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it! I'm wondering about what to do for the extended family. I always try to get something reasonably nice and useful for my great-aunt, as she never married and has no children, so I try to shop for her like she's my grandma if that makes sense, but for the rest of the extended family there aren't many children yet. My sister has one now (6 months old!), and my cousin has 2 little girls, and there are probably 100s of cousins/second cousins/3rd cousins from my mom's family (5 sisters, 5 brothers, TONS OF KIDS) but we aren't in touch. On DH's side, its just us and one cousin who has a 2 yr old, and his brother who has zero contact with his 2 yr old. So it seems self-serving if I suggest we just focus on the kids.

What kind of gift fits in the token range? I typically class my gift lists in tiers - the $50, $25, $15, and under $10 ranges, but when I break things down that far and get that detailed I start to feel like I'm missing the point of Christmas :D But this is coming from someone who has both finished all shopping by December 1st on occassion, and done literally ALL shopping on the 23rd and 24th of December, quite literally wrapping some presents mere minutes before they were exchanged for Christmas Eve, so I live a life of extremes ;)

I will be doing most of my Christmas shopping online too Donna... Im actually going to start ordering stuff tomorrow... My 2nd oldest has changed his mind about what he wants about 4 times now lol... My oldest will get money to buy himself clothes, Im not planning on buying many toys... Gonna get some toys for my youngest, 3 for 2 in boots, as not many girly toys, we have plenty boys toys lol... I don't have any nieces or nephews, my 5 are really the only kids on my side of the family, my sisters b/f has a wee boy and on OH side there is only 2 kids to get for... So my 5 get absolutely spoiled... We only really buy for MIL, FIL, SIL, 2 children on OH side, my sister and my aunt, sister b/f and his son and our 5... and usually get something for 2 kids next door, but i feel bad giving them stuff as then we get gifts for our 5 in return.

Online shopping for me as well. We won't be spending the holidays with any family (including my girls, my oldest is in FL and can't take time off work at Christmas, my 2 younger girls will be with the rest of their family in IL and I can't travel this late in the pregnancy) so we'll be doing a lot of amazon buying and shipping boxes to everyone. It's a bit disheartening but it is what it is I guess. We'll be getting lots of stocking stuffer type goodies for the girls, gift certificates or money for clothes and just a few other little things. We have an exchange with my husband's family, we each have one person to buy for, but we all do pretty detailed lists and the limit is $25 or so. Christmas is my FAVORITE so it's sad. Baby takes precedence obviously.

On a brighter note. . .I feel good today! I think my body has adjusted to the diet change! :D I haven't taken zofran since yesterday!!

sacha- yikes! that is cold. love the neck warmers! :thumbup:

LittleMinx- welcome and congrats :)

donna- Yay double digits :flower:

we are almost done Christmas shopping thankfully.

and tomorrow is viability day for me! whoop 24 weeks :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->