PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

I definitely feel the best after peanut butter as well! :) Good thing I like it. I'm trying so hard to find the balance!
I'm sorry you had a rough morning. . .

Is peanut butter good for keeping blood sugar normal ? I have never tried peanut butter, don't know if id like it, not a fan of peanuts, I like cashew nuts and pistachio nuts and nutella :haha: lol... Might need to try it and see how my blood sugar is... Still having problems with my morning blood sugar, other than that my numbers are pretty ok... I seen a dietitian weeks ago but they didn't really say what i should be eating, just what i should avoid.

Hope you feel better Iesha!! And good luck with db test!!

Sorry about the cat pee I couldn't bare it either!! Do you still have the cat?

I hope everyone is ok???

I seemed to have ballooned!! I feel really chubby lol still haven't had a booking in appointment through yet hopefully it will come soon!! Ms hasn't appeared yet! Feeling a little tired but nothing I can't handle x

Iesha I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy. Fx that the test goes well!!

Char I could not stand my dh doing the same either. Actually your dh sounds a lot like mine. Sorry the cat is still peeing all over everything. Have you talked your vet? Maybe they will have a solution for you?!?

Claire I remember those days well. I hated the bloat.

Thanks ladies. I'm still feeling this tightness in my chest, and now I have super painful cramps in the top of my thighs. * sigh* after I posted, Amazon charged my card, so I can't wait to get the best buy stuff to get a refund. Oh man.... Not feeling good at all..

iesha- so sorry about the credit card issues. what a mess :(
hope your GD test goes good and you pass! and yay for the baby shower :happydance:

feistymelissa- I hate the nutrisweet/aspartame taste too, yuck! I don't know how I would cope if I turn out to have GD. sorry you have to deal with it. boo.

Claire- I don't like that bloated stage at first. hope it goes away soon :hugs:

Ladies - can anyone give me advice on what to do about work? Probably sounds really stupid question but I am truly torn and having trouble making a decision.
I am suffering with SPD and my movements are limited and slow. I work in an ICU as a staff nurse. I HATE PHONING IN SICK! Really hate it! I love going to work and feeling useful and generally I am good at my job. Recently I feel like a liability, like other people are carrying me as I cannot do much, and tbh if there was an emergency I would be of no use to anyone :( I was working Monday night and was so sore , and still am today and that was after having a nice easy shift, But cannot quite make that decision to phone in and say 'I am done' 'Cannot do anymore' It does not effect my maternity leave as I have worked NHS for 20 odd years and have full sick pay entitlement but really would love to try and make it another week or two. I have ONLY 9 shifts to do until I officially finish up, spread over the next 6 weeks. I am scared that if I sit around and don't work that my immobility will get worse and I had a horrid labour last time because baby never dropped down into my pelvis and I had so much muscle weakness that it took me months to recover. My work colleagues keep saying ''Do not go to work'' lol - Are they being kind as they see me in pain lol or are they saying ''Stop making us carry your useless weight around when you could be elsewhere?'' I really don't know what to do - Any thoughts?

Hope everyone else is okay, I have been popping in and reading how things are just having been feeling very well and not posting much xxx

Donna... I don't know what to suggest... I would probably have to tell them i couldn't manage anymore... I know when i push myself and my SPD hurts for days, Im so sore and i end up crabbit and miserable with everyone... Your colleagues are probably seeing how much pain your in and not wanting your health to suffer... Whens your next shift, maybe see how your feeling then and make a decision ?x

Donna Is there any way that you can talk to your boss and see if there is a different job to do until your weeks are up? Here when I worked for the government (which is very close to the health system here) and they have to try and accommodate the employee as best as possible that has suffered an injury and cannot perform duties properly. With that being said I would see if they could give you something else for the time being. I would think they could at least accommodate you since you have been working with them for so long. Maybe find you a minor job on that ward that doesn't involve any heavy lifting or swift movements? If they seriously cannot find you anything then that is where I would then have to stop working…. But I would sure give it my all too to find something else to do in the mean time. GL this can't be easy!!

thanks ladies - Sacha they cannot offer me light duties as the nature of the job is so unpredictable and we don't know when the next emergency is likely to happen ... however that is why they have to pay me full pay when off sick so financially I shouldn't suffer too much, maybe lose out on a few unsocial hours (they tend to pay you as though you would have been on days when I do mainly nights lol). But anyway, after going to the shops there and practically being stopped in my tracks with pain and nearly bursting into tears in the middle of the aisle I think I have decided to call it a day :( Hubby says I should, he is scared I end up on crutches every day like last time and I spent a lot of time actually crying form pain then too :'(

Charlene , I am not due on until Friday night again , so will wait until tomorrow morning and see how I am, then that still gives them over 24 hrs to cover my shift but at least then I will feel I have given my body a chance to recover and see how it goes.

Probably letting them know now would be easier for them too , I have a run of 3 shifts together at the end of December and there is no way I can do two together never mind three lol so at least this way they have time to cover shifts before hand.

Feel I am letting them down though, even though I am sure as hell not irreplaceable lol anything; only a number in the chain, a cog in the wheel lol

Thanks ladies xxx hugs xx

Donna that makes sense too. At least they have something in place if you needed, but just don't over do it, as like you said you may have a lot of problems again. We don't want to see you have any of that!! :hugs:

donna I hope you figure out what to do. I would bet your co-workers are genuinely concerned for you though. you know your limits hun. do what you feel best :hugs:

So stressful Donna! I don't have anything to add other than hugs for you! I hope you're able to make the distinction of what's best for you and the babe!

Donna I think you should finish up now, your already struggling and there is no point pushing yourself so far you end up on crutches again.. You won't be letting anyone down and your health is more important! And I'm sure anybody you ask will tell you the same:hugs:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US! I hope everyone has a wonderful day. We're not having any holidays with kids this year, which is quite the bummer but with my history of preterm labor it's just not worth the risk. We're fortunate enough to have good friends to spend the day with!

Thanks for all the advice ladies <3

and...

Happy Thanksgiving to all our US friends xx - have a super day everyone celebrating. Kellie you can make up for it next year with your newest baby girl there to celebrate with you all xxxx hugs xx

Well I have to say that I blew the bum out in my silk pj bottoms&#8230;. :haha: Guess my ass is growing more than I thought. :rofl: I am not giving up on them either, and since they are a bit long I am going to hem them and put the extra fabric over the hole. I NEED to keep wearing these!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our US friends today. I hope you all have a great feast! Enjoy all the good food!! Mmmm

Lol Sacha :D

I have phoned in sick (I never do and it makes me feel ill doing so lol - despite the fact that I know I am unsafe to practice lol) -told them I will call back beginning of the week to confirm but will more than likely not be back until after maternity leave now.

And the critical care co-ordinator that was on, was fab and so nice to me - don't know why I always expect the worst lol ;)

Now to get a doctors appointment, sort out some proper pain control -cannot take them when working or driving as they make me really lightheaded and woozy haha and get the crutches out. Prevention is now the key, need to not let it get any worse and keep as active as possible to stop everything seizing up.

Feels surreal -I am not going to be working until after my baby is here - lol -totally hitting home, that yeah shit!! we are having a baby lmao xxxx

Donna it has really been hitting me too lately. I actually HAD to go out and buy a diaper bag, I could not wait until my mother buys one in feb. I need to have one for my piece of mind. :haha: The crazy nesting mommy is sure coming out lately!! :grr:

Frig I was hoping to get some sowing to day done but I have my Dr apt this afternoon, and have DS4 family day at school, so I must go. I just don't plan on staying all that long, as I have an order for some neck warmers do for tomorrow.

Happy thanksgiving us girlies!

Donna I'm the same when I used to work I used to hate ringing in sick I would have to be really ill to take time off and even then I'd feel guilty! But you are doing the right thing! Your health and well being comes first!

Nothing much new with me nearly all the carpet has been laid in the house just to 2 stair cases to do now thank goodness still need to get the kids new beds and some extra bedroom furniture but we are getting there:wacko:
Feeling more tired today no ms yet when did yours start? I don't remember:dohh: and still no booking in appointment through I hope it comes soon! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->