PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Sacha... Hope baby stays where he is just now for a while longer... Keep us updated !!

Forgot to say yesterday, midwife said to me i should get flu jag and also whooping cough jag... Has anyone else had these during pregnancy ? Really don't like taking medication/vaccinations whilst pregnant.

Iesha before I forget to mention (again) what a gorgeous wee baby , so excited to see our little bundles soon ;)

Sacha - .... but not too soon!!!! hope you and bubs are okay, and you rent contracting or having cervix changes hun.I have similar pains in my lady parts hun, but mine I am pretty sure is my pelvis separating a bit more and baby putting pressure down there -not hoping you have SPD but that is much better than pre term labour xxx Keep us updated xxx

Charlene I had the flu jab last month -arm ached for 3 days after wards; and I am getting whooping cough one next week - there has been unusually high incidence of whooping cough recently and it makes infants very ill, so I would definitely get that one -not sure if I would equally recommend the flu shot -don't actually know if I would have agreed to that one if I had not been working in a high risk area (ICU with all patients on ventilators, makes exposure great if flu is going about )

xxx

Hope you and bubs are okay sacha. Hugs to you hunni. x

hope bubs stays put sacha!!!! good luck and take care xxx

donna- I hope you pass!!! :hugs: how is the spd now that you are off work? feeling a little better I hope!

Sore and then some :( but at least I know now I am off work and don't need to worry about letting my colleagues down at the last minute or being a hindrance to them at work . And I can pace myself at home, a wee half hour tidying up then a rest etc , only thing is my 3yo has taken to refusing to go to the toilet with anyone else bar me (and he doesn't even really need me tbh) and my loo is upstairs lol Ouch!!!

Thanks for asking xxxx :hugs:

Well the contractions and cramping started to stop around 11pm and they double checked my cervix again and there was no change. So they sent me home. Good news too is that the FFT (fetal fernectine test) came back negative. I am positive this is all my irritable uterus. It started up bad around 31-32 weeks with DS2, so I am guessing that is what I get to look forward to. I also will probably have to have my cervix checked on u/s more often. Well I am going to ask because I would rather the u/s than sitting in L&D.

While I was hooked to the machine I could hear the change my body was making with each contraction, so i knew I was having them, even if they were not showing up on the tape. My baby's heart rate a few time jumped up to 180, which worried me but once he settled down a bit, the rate went back down and never really went past 170.

Thank you everyone for your concern. Looks like he isn't going anywhere, which comforting. You guys are great. :hugs: But I am sure this isn't going to be the last time, I am jut hoping a lot less is all…….

Char I had my flu shot too, and my arm was a bit sore, but I had no sickness from it. We don't do the whooping cough shot here as I am sure we get it when we are children.

Donna that pinching makes sense if that is what it is. It was happening with almost each tightening depending how he was sitting.

Our kids get offered the whooping cough jab too as babies but not until 8week for the first dose. But with all the immigrants coming into UK who aren't immunised and as the amount of UK parents deciding they don't want their children immunised is increasing, so is the prevalence of whooping cough, sad as it is! We seem to be going backwards not forwards on the health of our children because of either scaremongering where jabs are concerned -and people don't appreciate how many children died decades ago from not being immunised or from allowing children to come into Britain not immunised and putting others at risk :(

xx

And Sacha so glad all appears okay with bubs for the time being - take care xx

Donna... Think i might get the whooping cough 1, midwife says it offers some protection to the baby also... Other than a sore arm were you fine after your flu jag ? Really don't want to be going and getting these vaccines then getting sick right at Christmas

Donna I agree. We are having that problem here in Canada too, with those that choose not to vaccinate their children, are increasing every day!! Now mumps are coming back here.

Glad the bub is okay Sacha! I hope you are able to go in less as well. Such a pita hanging out at L&D!

I won't get the flu shot but am considering the whooping cough vax. There is no research on pg women and no proof the vax even covers the baby, which is why I hesitate but I think the possible benefit may outweigh the risks?

I can't get my stupid fasting sugars down. . .what do you girls who have GD eat before bed? I'm wondering if I need to have a middle of the night snack or something.

I can't get my stupid fasting sugars down. . .what do you girls who have GD eat before bed? I'm wondering if I need to have a middle of the night snack or something.

This is the same problem i have... I don't find eating late at night makes any difference... I was told to have a snack but my fasting sugars stayed the same... But yeah think cheese is a good snack... Hope you can manage to control your morning sugars !!

Charlene -other than a sore arm, I had no other symptoms from having my flu jab.
And I am getting the whooping cough vaccine for that reason too, bubs will have some protection :)

xx

Donna Thank you! I know I cant wait to see everyone's bundle!!!!!!

Sach-Ok, sorry to hear about your cranky uterus LOL...lord the things we deal with, but I am glad bubs is ok!

I wont get flu shots...i react reallybadly...but I agree just immunize the kids...jeez mumps? like c'monnnnn

I am drug gin up my two sick kids with half a cup each with neocitrin and advil then sending them to bed on a full stomach, so this mommy will be able to sleep.

sacha- so glad to hear he is ok, sorry you have to deal with this til the end though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->