PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Claire I agree. We may be all trying to do better. I know there are things that I vow to do differently than my mother.

Though I wanted a large family since I was very young. Just didn't think that it would have been all boys LOL. At high school when asked what I was going to do, I always seemed to answer mom. I really didn't know what else I wanted to do.

Claire I agree. We may be all trying to do better. I know there are things that I vow to do differently than my mother.

Though I wanted a large family since I was very young. Just didn't think that it would have been all boys LOL. At high school when asked what I was going to do, I always seemed to answer mom. I really didn't know what else I wanted to do.

I do have one daughter but to be honest never expected to get so many boys either -I have 4 sisters and coming from all girls I expected girls too lol. Now I expect another boy this time , as it seems I am good at making boys lmao :haha::haha:

xxx

I never imagined all girls either! I was such a tomboy growing up. HA!

Sorry, I missed your question Melissa, I'm due Feb 11th. ;)

Iesha - glad you got your GD test done; hope you get the results quickly!

Sounds like we do all have some 'mom' baggage - glad I'm not the only one, but sorry to hear the crappiness you've been through. I think I would be more patient with my mom if I hadn't met my MIL. She was such an amazing, wonderful, completely awesome supportive person, willing to be brutally honest if the situation warranted, but mainly just a positive source of energy in my life. Losing her while expecting DD2 was devastating, and I think that contributes to my 'mom' anxiety (it was almost at this point in my pregnancy that she passed away), and of course the remaining in-laws are coming next week, and the holidays and whatnot have her constantly in my mind. I also feel a bit robbed because I was *much* closer to my father, and he was always a stabilizing influence in my life versus the destabilizing influence my mom STILL has on me. But for all that, I believe I had a fairly decent childhood and that most of my 'issues' are really first world problems so to speak.

Thank you all for sharing your mom stories - I just want to give everyone a hug right now!!

Melissa- im sorry you lost your MIL so soon. :(

I always wanted a big family too. being a mom was my biggest goal. I thought I would have 5 kids. 2 boys and 3 girls. I even had their names picked lol.

Feisty Mel - Even though she is not physically present, she is with you, she know that you need her. She knows when you need her, but she truly thinks you are one strong person. <3

For some reason I think for the most part we as girls, have to go through a passage with our moms, some better than others, but all have some issues with them&#8230;.

AFM I finally put decorations on our naked charlie brown tree. We could hardly put anything on it as the branches were too weak. LOL but it is up and DS4 kept getting out of bed to come look at it LOL :xmas9:

Claire-I bet your 100% right. I have nothing in common with the lady, and having a large family is so far from her thought process. I bet subconsciously thats why I always wanted one :)

Sach-thank u, that is why I don't hate her, her neglect shaped my life, my personality & the kind of mother I am, that while far from perfect would NEVER abandon my children. No matter how much trouble they cause. After all they are mine & only human.

Kellie-my husband too is such a positive person. I loved that about him. He was so confident in his choices & no matter the situation, he processes it, then moves on without letting things take him to a dark place. God has blessed me with this man in my life, I really believe that.

Melissa-I agree :D

Feistymel-I'm so sorry for u losing your mil. If that day comes for me I will be devestated. My mil has opened her heart to not only me but 4 kids, not once judging me, but almost like an instant bond. I Skyped with her for the first time & she was so happy to see us, her big smiley face, I miss not having her around us all the time (she has no visa to come to Canada) but I am fortunate we speak all the time, or anytime we want and we visit. My oldest son cries terribly for her (they all call her grandma) when we leave. I hope to make a trip to see her maybe April or May with the baby.

So my SIL went into labour last night. She was in a lot of pain, contractions running into each other. She was checked but only 3 cm, poor girl. But she is resting now with the epidural. Sounds like this baby doesn't want to come out. That is why I absolutely hate inductions! They are so hard on the body!!

Good luck to your SIL Sacha! I was induced with all 3 of mine (water broke) and it's such a crap shoot. It was SUPER quick for one of them, very decent for one and HORRID for one. LOL! Praying for a safe delivery for her!

Iesha, I'm so blessed by my husband that it's nearly ridiculous. LOL! The one before him, not so much. HAHA! ;) Very lucky mama here. I don't think I would have appreciated him nearly as much though, had I not gone through the dregs first.

I had my FIRST acceptable fasting sugar this morning after upping my meds yesterday. WOOHOO! :) It's the little things, really. LOL

Good luck to yours sil!

Finally got my appointments through booking in is on the 30th dec but will need to change it as we are away and our scan is on the 9th jan!:happydance:

Kellie Oh that is great news about the good fasting numbers. I am so happy for you!!

Claire Really? Oh I bet that is just a great relief to have that booked now. Can't wait for pics!!

AFM I am having problems breathing today. I can feel the constriction in my breathing tubes. Have taken my inhalers and everything but when I get up to walk around I am feeling very light headed. I am also very tired too, not sure if it because of not breathing well or because I am unwell&#8230;. I know this is my asthma though, just induced by a cold!!

That definitely does not sound fun Sacha! I had a horrible time with my asthma when I was pg with my middle kiddo. . .I hope you're soon breathing better!

Glad you got your appointments Claire! Exciting!

I had issues last time too. I just wish I could feel a bit better as I have to go out for groceries today. I would send DH but he's working on the basement. I don't want to disturb him.

Hi girls just a quick update. I had an ultrasound yesterday as when I had my midwife appt I was measuring at 35 wks not 31! But all is well still measured big at ultrasound 33wks but I kinda knew that anyway. Also have carpel tunnel and maybe developing spd :( oh the joy of 3rd tri. Hope U are all feeling ok!

I'm breathing a bit better now but still really drained! Sil finally reached 10cm so any moment now my little nephew will born. :dance:

Mason boy oh boy your baby is big! Hopefully it was just a good growth spurt and doesn't keep getting bigger.

Lol yeah AFTG I hope so too maybe to much good food for me! They said 75th percentile and predicted 8and a half pounds at 40wks so hopefully not TOO big!

Lol yeah AFTG I hope so too maybe to much good food for me! They said 75th percentile and predicted 8and a half pounds at 40wks so hopefully not TOO big!

OMG ok so I was predicted 2.5 weeks ago to be in the 83rd%, so my baby must be massive! I thought yours was more like in the 95th% or something the way it was sounding. Now I am more worried than before LMAO :rofl:

It is going to be the competition for the biggest baby!! :rofl: Place your bets ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->