PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

char- we have the same thing going on. think the colds and coughing around here are turning into croup :(

donna and sacha- I hope you two figure out what all the thirst is about! that happened to me in my last 2 pregnancies and I had low amniotic fluid with both. not saying that's what is wrong, but extra thirst can indicate things :hugs:

kellie- I hope you get it under control very soon :(

I plan to bf, but I have bottles too. and my last LO drinks formula since I quit bfing him so I will have formula around if I need it. there were 2 times in the middle of the night when he was very little that I was so very thankful to have a bottle of formula for him. it didn't make me keep him on it, just was a relief to have a break those 2 times from the pain and gave me some sleep to refresh me. im thinking I want her to take 1 bottle of formula a night from the start while I shower to keep her happy (mason screamed while I showered for his first 5 months even when I fed him right before. it was so stressful!) and to hopefully keep her a little fuller around bedtime.

Melissa I looked that up and I can't find any info on the link between extra thirst and low amniotic fluid….. Gosh I sure hope that isn't the case

I hope not too! it was very scary with them. not sure if its supposed to be a symptom of low amniotic fluid or not :shrug: I only had 2 symptoms with both of them. reduced movements starting around 30 wks and I was so thirsty with them I constantly had to be drinking something. I was checked for GD with both of them and was negative so I know I didn't have it. never was extremely thirsty like that or had reduced fetal movements with any of my others.

I don't plan on using formula for a while but will probably end up doing combo feeds if/when I go back to work. But I don't plan on buying new bottles either. Never had a sterilizer but I did love using the medela microwave bags. LO will definitely be using bottles, I just figure I'll use the ones I have and only buy new ones if he/she doesn't like the ones I have.

I'm actually starting to buy for this baby and get out our existing baby stuff. This weekend I have to put away the rest of the Christmas stuff and then i get to open up our bins of newborn stuff!

Melissa- yay for getting newby stuff out!!! I had bought a lot of used girl clothes for this one since the last 4 are boys and we busted it all out and washed it up this weekend :) so much fun folding and putting it all away in her drawers :happydance: I will still go through the boys stuff to pick and choose what I can use with her. im sure they had some light blues/greens that could be used for either.

anyone have their bags mostly packed or am I just a freak lol

Char Your poor LO!! Have you tried putting vicks on feet? I know it sounds very weird but it works for some reason. If it helps you two sleep it is so worth it!!

Do you know i actually read this somewhere before, think it was on facebook, and you have just reminded me to try it... Thanks, im going to try that tonight... She is fine during the day, its just at night time her cough starts and keeps her awake... Ended up with her in my bed last night... Never again, I was kicked in the head, slapped in the face and used as a pillow... She slept most of the night, i ended up on the sofa :dohh:

Kellie... How have your blood sugars been ? How are you getting on with the insulin ? My blood sugars have still be pretty crazy, but as long as baby is growing fine im trying not to worry too much about them... I have another scan on the 7th, and hopefully baby is still around the 50th line, cant wait, its been almost 3 weeks since my last one with Christmas and new year.

blessedmomma... I had actually never heard of croup until last week when my little boy was rushed into hospital struggling to breathe, paediatrician at the hospital said it could have been caused by croup... Was very scary... Hope your little ones are better soon !!

Not got my bag pack yet, but planning to start buying stuff to pack soon... I will probably pack mine at 38 weeks.

Hi ladies I'm due in August with number 5 do you mind if I join you here.
It will be nice to talk to others that have more than one or two.

I wish I had some of our old bits to dust off but there was never going to be a number 5 so we got rid! I must admit buying everything again all over is really daunting, so much has changed since I had my last baby 5 years ago! I don't know recommendations anymore or what's a waste Of money so I'm kinda winging it with lists at the mo :rofl:

Welcome aussie and congrats x

Thanks Char. . .they're not "set" yet but I am in contact with my nurse every day while she adjusts dosage, which makes me feel much better. I'd like a couple weeks of steady numbers before the babe comes so I'll stop worrying about a 12 pounder. ;) I've been spilling ketones for weeks as well, which is frustrating. There are studies that show lower IQ and learning disabilities with the ketones. Just hoping for the best. I've been trying not to post every day as I'm such a debbie downer all the time. I'm really not BLAH 24/7. . .I promise! I just can't really vent about worries anywhere but here as my family just freaks out.

As usual, thanks for listening ladies! I know it's not much longer. . .and I have every day contact now so things will get better. :)

I start my twice a week NST's on Monday and have another ultrasound a week from Monday! I'm much less worried when we're checking on the bug more often.

Melissa I don't think that you are crazy. My bags are packed, for the most part that is. I think it is a good idea to have them packed if you are known to go early. :thumbup:

Mel how exciting! I really enjoyed going through all the old and new things I get to put this little man into!! :yipee:

Char I hope it works for you. We mommas need our sleep! :sleep: I have one spot on my back that is threatening to keep me awake all night. I broke down and got dh to put tiger balm on it. It idid help enough for me just to get comfortable.

aussiettc Welcome :hi: you are more than welcome to join!! Congrats! :flower:

Ann-Marie I was the same. We got rid of everything (though baby clothes just went to my brother, so I got those back). I actually enjoyed get this one new things. He has a beautiful three in one crib, and new car seat. The only other big item we are going to buy is the high chair, and it is a wooden convertible one that even adults can sit on. So he will be able to use it for ever if we needed him to LOL.

Kellie Oh that is great news that you will have an everyday contact. I am sure you feel 90% better now to have that extra support!! And as for a 12lbs baby remember that her head won't fit a big baby, you may very well still be able to deliver her just fine. My SIL had a little boy with a very large head and a GD baby, so I think you will be just fine ;) P.S. don't worry about the complaining we all know you are going through something pretty tough, we are hear to listen to you!!

AFM I am a honeydue mellon!! :wohoo:

Kellie we totally get it :) glad to hear that your practice is taking good care of you and monitoring closely!

Melissa I am way behind you. Not really anything ready for this wee one. Will be buying supplies packing and setting up the nursery over the next two weeks though!

Charlie - scary about croup and I hope your girl gets better sleep without flopping on you!

Welcome and congrats aussie!

Ann-marie - I did give some of my stuff to my sister last year but I got a bin back. I'm just hoping my mobile wrap is in there.

I'm also struggling with new stuff envy because I have a perfectly good playard with bassinet and changing table, but the newer models are so cute and this one is almost 7years old. If I find a good sale it'll be mine!

Claire I am sorry i must have missed you :hugs: My boys have all had croup. There have been times where Ds1 was passing out because of it. It can be very scary, though I am now in a province that doesn't treat it with a nebulizer like my older three got. So it is all about just managing the cough, and vicks on the feet does help a bit with that. I feel you pain with that love!! Hopefully your LO gets better soon.

Vicks on feet is a good one, it does seem to ease them some!

My youngest seems to be coming down with a germ, she's not moved for the last few hours and her temp is going up and up. Just given her some paracetamol and will see how she is. I am praying she is well enough for school on Tuesday when they return as my son has his pre-op for a big surgery and I don't want to have to reschedule it as it means his op will be pushed back even more.

Vicks on feet is a good one, it does seem to ease them some!

My youngest seems to be coming down with a germ, she's not moved for the last few hours and her temp is going up and up. Just given her some paracetamol and will see how she is. I am praying she is well enough for school on Tuesday when they return as my son has his pre-op for a big surgery and I don't want to have to reschedule it as it means his op will be pushed back even more.

Another neat trick, this one is for bring down a stubborn temp. Give your LO frozen juice pops/tubes. If you can cool them off significantly from the inside out it seems to help better then from the outside in…..

Welcome Miss406... Im pregnant with number 6 also :)

Welcome aussiettc

Well baby is in bed, had her feet covered in Vicks and so far so good :thumbup:

I love the smell of vicks... Have some on a tissue and keep sniffing it lol

Welcome aussiettc! I missed your post!

I could easily become a Vicks addict. :D

Thank you all for being so sweet. <3

Iesha: You need to check in. . .I'm worried about you chica!

Welcome miss406 :hi:

Wow it is nice to see more moms join us!!

Yes I second that Kellie&#8230;. Iesha I too have been wondering how you are doing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->