PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

In L&D since 7:30 last night. Tons of contractions. I was dilated to 1 and thick, couple hours later I am 2 and 50% effaced. I had two shots of terbutaline. A bolus of mag sulfate and now on the mag drip but it isn't stopping the contractions. Not positive if they will keep me here or fly me to Denver 4 hours away. I don't have my bag packed. Anyway, will let you know when I hear anything new.

oh Kellie - hope you are doing okay hun - nearly 35 weeks now , so am sure baby will be fine , but stay put baby another couple of weeks for mumma <3

Iesha -how are things hun? we are al worried about you, hope you are taking care xx

Welcome to the new ladies, congrats on your BFP 's

Charlene hope your LO is doing better, I love Vicks smell too

Sacha how is that playroom coming along now?

Claire - not long til your scan now, bet your excited (and nervous) that first one especially is nerve wracking lol Am sure all will be perfect.

FeistyMel I got rid of most of my baby stuff before too, but did have two Moses baskets (bassinets) in my loft, but fell in love with a new one, that was going for a song lol and couldn't resist haha -so now I have three (and for a baby who will probably not sleep in one, my others never did settle in them haha,, always ended up in with me )

AFM- SPD is murder, hardly getting about now, cannot believe I could still have 10 weeks of this to go (I know I should just be glad baby is healthy and I do carry to term with no actual complications but I am sore :'( )

xxx hope e1 else is well xx

OMG Kellie!!! Oh no that little monkey. I am sure that everything will go well, just sucks that she won't wait. Guess she can't wait to see you!!! Keep us informed, and I am sending you two loads of strength.

Donna It is my eldest new bedroom, and no nothing is getting done at the moment. We are short of cash, so that kinda puts things on hold. IT will get done sooner than later, sometimes things don't get done when we need them to be. As for you SPD I would be complaining too, cause it isn't about the pg it is about how you can't get around and the pain. So don't feel bad I would gripe about that too. <3

Thanks for the welcome ladies :D

Sorry to hear that Kellie, how far along are you?

Congratz and welcome miss406 :)

Kellie - Yikes! I hope you are staying somewhat comfortable at least. 50% effaced seems ok if they can stop the contractions. Don't they usually say that us repeat mamas end up 100% effaced much earlier than first timers? I'm sending lots of strength and positive energy your way. Baby is probably just fine, but I know you had more shopping and prepping to do!

Iesha - Worried about ya sweetie; hoping you were able to recover from flu!

Got caught up in work, will hopefully catch up with everyone later!

So I went for my apt in the deep freeze today and it's not until tomorrow. Oops :dohh:

Kellie!!!! hope you and Janessa are ok :hugs: she will likely be fine now, but a little longer would be nice. your babies like to come early like mine. I am taking Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) baths and started taking magnesium pills yesterday in hopes to settle my BH down and cook this LO a bit longer than the last 2.

Sacha- of course that's how it would go!!!! I go in Thursday and need to take DH's fmla in so he can take paternity leave.

we have decided we will agree to be induced if we make it to 39 weeks. I am going to do everything I can to make it there. at least I know we would be at the hospital and not pushing a baby out on the way there :wacko: so 9 weeks to go max for me

kellie oh I hope baby stays put a little longer!!! I hope your ok!!! baby will be fine xx

thanks donna iam nervous im a little scared that when we go there will be nothing there or something (touch wood) I no im probably being silly but il be glad when Thursday comes!! the spd sounds horrible donna I really feel for you is there nothing they can do to help you? or any pain meds?? I hope it eases up even just a little xx

I too have no baby clothes or moses basket or anything the only thing I do have is some baby blankets and that's about it so il have to get everything which im quite excited about!

I hope everyone is doing good xx

I felt exactly the same before my first scan too, I remember being so relieved that there was actually a baby in there lol.
As for the SPD, I have been prescribed stronger pain killers to take when the pain is bad but after taking only one a day for a few nights, I had reduced fetal movements so baby obviously didn't likeit. So for now iI am just plodding along. Physio cannot do anything else,well not in my area. Acupuncture might help but my physio cannot do it and they won't refer me elsewhere because it is not my catchment area. Warm baths and a heated pack helps.

Anyone heard from Kellie or Iesha? Xxx

Claire I remember that feeling. As with having an ectopic previously, I was scared that it would be in the wrong place again. GL I am sure everything will be fine.

Donna no I have not heard from either. I am scared Iesha contracted the H1N1. We are getting pretty bad here and another girl on another thread I am on also had it and her baby was delivered early, and then was put into a medically induced coma. Scary stuff. I don't remember if Iesha said she got the shot or not…. and I have heard it is starting to peak in the Toronto area… :sad1:

Thanks ladies!
So far we are hanging in! :)
Still contracting on the mag but much less. I will finish up with it at 3:30 am and get my 2nd steroid shot as well. Then we wait and see if the diva is going to be patient! Ultrasound this morning estimates 6 pounds and the 28 hours of monitoring so far looks fantastic. There isn't really anything more we can do if she decides to come. Mag sulfate is evil. Insulin is evil (I get HOURLY) finger sticks. 2 iv's, a catheter, Bp cuff, 1 hour of sleep in 2 days. I need a nap, and a drink! Lol!

Kellie... 6lbs is a good weight... Hope she decides to stay in a little longer and i hope you manage to get some rest !

Iesha... Hope your ok also !!

Hope you can get some rest hun!
To try and put your mind at rest, my firstborn was only 5lb 9oz born and with absolutely no help (no steriod injections or suchlike) he needed nothing after birth but a whiff of oxygen as he was startled and shocked from the 'delivery' (Caesarean)

So even if she decides to come early there is a exceptionally strong chance she won't need much / if any help!
Of course I hope she stays put there for a little while longer for you but please try not to panic if not..

:hugs:

Glad you checked in Kellie, still hoping baby stays put a bit longer but sounds like she is doing fab if she does come sooner. And hopefully would not need too long in SCBU or NICU if at all , take care and keep us posted if you can, you are in my thoughts. And can hardly believe we are on labor watch already. Xxxx

Kellie I am glad they have been able to slow things down and keep her in. Sucks that you haven't been able to sleep well though. :hugs: You tell her to stay in cause we were supposed to have our babies closer together!! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->