PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Hugs Sacha. Poor hubby getting blamed tho lol xxx

Charlene I tried for years to get my daughter tested for allergies and now as an adult she is still pursuing it. Ridiculous, through trial and error we know she is allergic to tomatoes, cats, dust but with her severe psoriasis we would like to know what else. and she attend a dermatology clinic and they still won't test her :(

Good luck with your second opinion, and let me know how you get on xx

Sacha... Hoping its things starting to happen and your body getting ready :hugs:

Yeah i hope the other doctor is more helpful... Its always a question the doctors/hospitals ask you "Are you allergic to anything?" be good to know if/what he is allergic to... I was looking at private allergy testing but really don't see why i should have to pay when others i know have had it on NHS.

Charlene I tried for years to get my daughter tested for allergies and now as an adult she is still pursuing it. Ridiculous, through trial and error we know she is allergic to tomatoes, cats, dust but with her severe psoriasis we would like to know what else. and she attend a dermatology clinic and they still won't test her :(

Good luck with your second opinion, and let me know how you get on xx

I don't understand why its so difficult to get referred for the test... Surely its better to know what to avoid rather than have to have a reaction to something... About a year n half ago he had a really bad reaction to something and spent the night in hospital, covered in blotches and blisters... We couldn't think what he had ate or came in contact with that could have caused it... Hopefully we get somewhere on Tuesday with 2nd opinion !!

Well most of the research I have done says that the discharge when the cervix starts to dilate is a increased thick or blood tinged cm. Only ONE site said that a clear discharge was included. Maybe it was just DH's stuff leaking out. :haha:

oh no sacha sorry hun and after you paid $40 too!! I no how frustrated you are it wont be long now tho xxx

Well I still have two more, so just incase I need them again, I just won't use them if we DTD is all.

Bummer Sacha :( Good to know about DTD though. DH has decided that we can start operation eviction this weekend, so I'm hoping to get lucky quite frequently!

Kellie - sounds like a great party :) Glad you were able to enjoy the dessert :)

Charl - I can't believe they are hesitant to do an allergy test! Even if the reason is to save costs, it has to be more cost effective to do non-invasive allergy tests versus a trip to the ER if you run into something bad. Ditto for your situation Donna! My mom had little to no health care really until she was grown and married (lived in a TINY rural area and was incredibly poor), and she had had to do trial and error to figure out her allergies. When she was finally able to go in, she discovered that some things she thought she was allergic to she wasnt, but she was much more allergic to others! (all things goat for instance, and some other random things). I really hope both of your kids can get the actual testing done - it is so beneficial!

AFM, back pain is the main problem, directly related to my workstation in the office. I know what the problems are, but I have no remedies and I really am just trying to keep my head down, get my work done, and get outta here. But after only a few hours it is almost impossible for me to concentrate. It isn't even really acute/severe pain, just this growing discomfort. I don't think my boobs are helping either - think I went up a size this past month! I keep threatening DH that I'm gonna get reduction done once we are done having kids ;)

Unrelated to anything else, I just got some very upsetting news from a former co-worker, who's wife is only a few years younger than I am. They had their kids at basically the same time I had mine, so while we weren't really close, we had that kind of bond. Their 4th was born in November. I'm going to wrap the rest in a spoiler so that you don't have to read the details if you are as sensitive as I am right now and prone to crying over things.

This past weekend, she had a strained calf and some minor tightness in her chest - her husband sense something was seriously wrong, and they went to urgent care and were directly straight to ER. Turned out to be blood clots in the lungs, but that was not the worst of it. They did some scans, and found spots on liver, colon, maybe elsewhere, and the biopsy was bad. Stage 4 cancer, and currently no signs that it is operable. She is an incredibly strong woman and will throw her all into this fight, but I'm just overwhelmed and devastated for them that they have to go through this. :cry:

Please send thoughts/prayers/positive energy in their direction.

Thank you ladies.

FeistyMom... That is so sad about your co workers wife, so devastating for her, her husband and their family :(

Melissa- prayed for your friend :(

sacha- that's crap! hope its soon :hugs:

char- cant believe they wont test your LO!!! I have one that was allergic to peanuts, eggs, and milk. only way I knew was by taking each thing out of my diet while nursing him. he can now have milk and some eggs (if they are cooked in something like cookies, not sure about straight eggs yet). peanuts still give him a severe reaction that lasts for months. haven't ventured into seeing what other nuts, but DH gave him a macadamia nut cookie and he is still broke out from it :( and recently seemed to have a reaction to this new cheap fruit punch we had. not even sure what was in it! I feel your pain. I hate watching him scratch his skin half off

so sad Mel prayers their way

Sorry sacha its disappointing when u think somethings happening then nothing does :(

I've been having some strong and regular bh and period pains but they always fizzle out :( got a deposit this morning so hopefully that does something

Char - That really is sad that they won't do testing on your LO. Though it isn't just the UK that won't do testing right away either. I have two of mine that seem to have reactions to certain things, but I still don't know what they all are. DS2 one day had target marks all of the place and couldn't figure out why they came. Then this summer from just swimming in the lake he started have a sever reaction to something. It was scary cause his one eye was starting to swell shut, and nothing what working to bring it down. Poor guy. Then my DS4 I know is sensitive to certain laundry detergent. Every time anything happened they would tell me that it would be faster to try and use the elimination process then wait for the testing, as the wait for allergy testing is like 2 yrs. So that is why we don't. I am sure though if I fought it we could get in, but I am not there right now. I just got used to the fact that it is very hard to get in and stopped fighting for it.

Melissa - yes that is exactly what it is…. CRAP!

Unrelated to anything else, I just got some very upsetting news from a former co-worker, who's wife is only a few years younger than I am. They had their kids at basically the same time I had mine, so while we weren't really close, we had that kind of bond. Their 4th was born in November. I'm going to wrap the rest in a spoiler so that you don't have to read the details if you are as sensitive as I am right now and prone to crying over things.

This past weekend, she had a strained calf and some minor tightness in her chest - her husband sense something was seriously wrong, and they went to urgent care and were directly straight to ER. Turned out to be blood clots in the lungs, but that was not the worst of it. They did some scans, and found spots on liver, colon, maybe elsewhere, and the biopsy was bad. Stage 4 cancer, and currently no signs that it is operable. She is an incredibly strong woman and will throw her all into this fight, but I'm just overwhelmed and devastated for them that they have to go through this. :cry:

Please send thoughts/prayers/positive energy in their direction.

Thank you ladies.

Thoughts and prayers. . .how very sad!

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers for my friend.

I just pre-registered for the hospital, and learned that due to a flu epidemic, the hospital is not allowing anyone under 18 to visit the intensive care or maternity wards. I have absolutely no plan b for introducing DDs and DS to this new LO, had just assumed they would come visit immediately. Anyone have suggestions? I'm sure it'll be ok for DS, as he has no expectations, but DD1 for sure remembers visiting when DS was born, and has stated several times that she is looking forward to it.

mel- that same exact thing happened when I had my ds Jaxon. he was born in dec 2009 and there was a bad flu thing going on. my water had broke and they wouldn't let my DH stay there with our kids, we had 3 at the time. we could have someone watch the older 2, but the LO was stuck to DH and we didn't have anyone to watch him overnight. so DH missed the birth since he wasn't born til 11:59pm. :( we were willing to sign things saying we wouldn't sue if he got sick, but they wouldn't have it. way to take away a beautiful memory from someone that he can never get back. my kids had to wait til I came home with ds to meet him, so no ideas here as to what to do. it may go that way this time too for us since I have to go back to that hospital, and we have no one who can take all 6 kids overnight.

sacha- do they not strip your membranes there? some ob's here offer it starting at 37 weeks. my one I have now does, although I had another one that wouldn't do it unless you begged. and yet another one that made you wait til 39 weeks. so I know its different everywhere.

Melissa - nope they don't interfere in any way unless they induce you and they either break your waters or give you the gel. So he will have to make his own appearance.

Ok so I just sneezed and gosh damn it hurt so dang bad! I think I was having a bh when I did it. I seriously thought I would have blown something, blood or something, but nothing. Just a heck of a lot pain…. OUCH!

I hate the painful sneezes! the ones that catch me by surprise are the worst.

I've seen many posting about the flu and the same rules, nobody under 18. :( A couple moms have said their husbands may not be able to attend the birth because of the LO's. Sad!!! I hope you can figure something out Mel.

Made hubby walk at the mall with me, couldn't go too long though. Pubic bone pain that I've not had before. Boob pain seems to be back in full force, the tops of them feel sort of lumpy'ish like milk is working on coming in. Having some painful BH but no rhyme or reason to them. I was actually wrong on hub's schedule, he isn't off tomorrow. boo. I have an ultrasound at 8 though, so at least we'll get to see how things are hanging inside.

Trying so hard not to be an outright crab ass 24/7. Not sure how that's going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->