PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Iesha- sounds like she is doing great!

Sacha- sooo cute!

has anyone looked up the dunstan baby language?? I used it for mason and it is so great! there is a video on youtube of the lady on oprah explaining it. really helps to know what your baby is wanting based on which cry they make

Melissa I have heard of that. Though Z doesn't make those exact sounds but I have figured out which one is which for him. Isn't the Nah sound for hunger?? It has been a long time since I last heard them all. LOL

yes! I happened to come across it again and was so glad I did. it helps so much :)

Breastfeeding is pain free lol sorry been so busy! We R doing well colic is getting better as is the reflux still have the occasional off day but overall pretty good R we the only ones with boys sacha wow that's funny and we had them the same day as 10th in Australia is the 9th in usa crazy ;)

found another bargain today!! I bought a moses basket plus a rocking stand and 3 sheets for £5!!!!!!! I mainly got it for the stand but such a bargain!!!:happydance:
$_12.jpg

great deal Claire! very cute <3

beccy- yay for pain free bfing! with my last baby, mason, it was horribly painful the first 5 months. im amazed this time that within the first week it got better

afm- two things going on... first, I think I have a forceful letdown. she is making the clicking sound and gets gassy and spits up a lot. with mason I had to constantly squeeze and massage my boob while he ate so he could get anything. I have realized im squeezing when she eats so I decided to make sure I don't and it seems to be helping so far. second, my pp bleeding only lasted a week and half??? I have been wearing a pad still, but the last week there has been nothing on it. im nervous to just leave it off since I know it can stop and start, but now it just seems weird to keep putting one on. with my other kids it was about 4 weeks. I cant help but think something may be wrong??? no pain or discomfort, no other weird symptoms. just crazy it would be so short. not complaining lol, just weird!

Melissa I think that your bleeding has stopped because your doing so well with bfing. If you had compress with ds then it makes sense to me if she is doing better this time, you are too ;)

Mine will click too, or even let go of the latch when he doesn't like it going that fast. He doesn't even need a deep latch to get my milk going and let down 10 times in 10 min. It is crazy!!

My lochia appears to have stopped too on day 10, I know it can still come back so am afraid to count my chickens yet but Abi has been feeding constantly and my uterus was not palpable after day 4 so could be just going to be less this time,

I have had absolutely no breast or nipple pain up until now at all. Touch wood I have not just jinxed it lol!! Weird though! I still remember the uncomfortable few days at the beginning of breast feeding, with previous babies but nothing so far this time.

Hubby says it's a shame we have decided to stop after Abi, since we seem to be getting better at it lol haha xxx

its so weird to have stopped so early, but I guess if its normal sometimes I wont worry.

sacha- yes I had tons of probs nursing him. bad latch from top lip tie was just the beginning so my supply was really low and had to compress.

donna- maybe you should have more! :)

we are ntnp for life, so we could very well have more. I would love more, but I feel completely blessed if this is all we are given. content either way <3

wow donna glad everything is going so well!! is she really your last???:haha: funny tho because dh came in last night and said to me so do you think this is the last one? and I said YES and he said nah I don't think so!!!!!!!! I want another boy:shhh::saywhat: I was like hmmmm will see!!! but that means driving a bus lol!!! im still sticking with no more but you never no!!:dohh:

im a little nervous this week, I haven't spoken to my mum in 3 years as she has been a drinker all my life and it came to a head when ellie was 5 when she had to have her tonsils out and my mum let me down, but she has been dry now for 9months. my dh said to me the other night I think you should start speaking to your mum again! he said because if anything happened to her you would never for give yourself. so it got me thinking and im just gonna forget the past and move forward. im under no lelusion that she will never drink again and that is something im going to have to deal with and except at the time, but lifes to short so im going to see how it goes!:cry:

You are a bigger person that me Claire, my bio mum was a heroin addict and given a choice between me or her drugs. She chose her drugs and I was adopted when I was 5. She found me in 2010 after 15 years of being clean and as much as I tried I could not get past the hurt that she put me through as a child. I did go meet her once but after that I told her I could not do it, I did not want to do it and to me she was nothing. She, of course, had a fit trying to stating I could not be her Ann-Marie as her Ann-Marie would never have grown up to be so cold and I was an imposter the whole time even though she had previously pointed out a mole on my face saying I had had it since I was born :rofl: I in turn told her if she ever contacted me again I would contact the police. I have 'touch wood' never heard from her since.

I really hope it all works out ok for you, try not to be nervous because it is your choice to be in touch with her and you can sever ties again with her. I did question myself on how I would feel if she passed away but then I remember everything and I know that I have no connection, blood or not, to this lady.

Donna - So glad to hear everything is going well :happydance:

Donna- Sounds like hubby might want more??

Good luck, Claire. I hope she stays sober for life and is the mom and grandmother she should be.

So sorry you had to go through that Ann-Marie. It's very sad that people let drugs get hold of them that way.

Thanks ann-Marie my aunt sounds exactly like your mum she had 5 children all taken into care as she too was a heroin addict. Such a selfish life these people lead! My mum has always been in my life and I lived with her upto the age of 14 Shen us finally had enough and went to live with my dad, who us the best dad in the world!! I've come to terms with the fact she will never be the mum I want her to be. And will just take it one day at a time. Xxx

Wow you ladies really are strong survivors!! You should be very proud of yourselves for getting through these times with out your bio moms. I don't always like or understand my mother, but I still could not live with out mine, so you are troopers in my eyes!! <3

Anyone heard from Iesha lately? She must be one busy momma. I hope she is doing well. We miss you lady!!

I have my adoptive mother who to me is my whole mum, she is the one who read me bed time stories, nursed my poorlies and is the one who my children's grandma. I couldn't be without her :happydance: even if she does drive me bonkers :haha:

Claire & ann-marie you are so strong! big *hugs* to you both.

Melissa & donna - Funny lochia stopped so soon for you both - for me it has lasted longer than with any other baby. I still have a bit going on, and its 6 weeks now! And donna - I didn't have nipple pain either and was actually a bit worried that I must have been doing it wrong. Rosemary defiitely clicks, but the lactation consultant said if its not causing pain, it is just her way of slowing down flow so she doesn't choke. Made sense to me!

For the bf'ing mommies - I heard something interesting about breast milk production the other day. Apparently they have done some studies that are showing that we produce different quantities and types of milk based on gender of baby! Higher volume for girls, higher fat content for boys. I thought this was quite interesting as I did notice higher volume with my girls and thought it was due to more stress when I had DS.

So ladies, as many of us have approached or passed the magic 6 week pp date, maybe you can relate - my DH has been eager to resume DTD, but as soon as I was cleared, he seems to have lost interest! Now on the one hand, I'm actually still a bit tender (my exam hurt a bit), but on the other, I'm kinda ready to go ;) But he's flat out turned me down twice (like I literally said - hey, kids are asleep - do you wanna??? and he said no, even after pawing me while I was trying to make dinner... totally mixed messages). He goes out of town next week for training, so this was basically it for another 3 weeks.

How frustrating the mixed signals are! Maybe you can jump him tonight, don't let him give you no for an answer :haha: I find it a little easier to get the deed done when I'm in control the first couple of times anyhow. Of course, after #3 I think I waited 2 weeks before getting back into the swing of things:dohh:

My DH is getting all hungry beast on me. I just am not ready. With all that trauma down there I am very hesitant&#8230;. and plain not interested :blush: Poor dh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->