PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

You are right BF in public can get you some really nasty looks. It is just wrong. It is ok to show a woman's breast on a billboard that is barely covered, but to BF in public is wrong! (I am not saying anything here to offend FF, i love you just the same) Though you can feed a child formula in public and nobody bats an eye at them. Our breast's are there, given to us by mother nature, to feed our children. I don't understand why it is so wrong to therefore to BF where ever we damn well want to. As a child on any other substance of food are feed at a table WHEN they are hungry, why do those that BF have to leave the very place we eat? No one the other hand I feel that those that let their boob hang out in public is wrong. We can do it discreetly, if you put babies head their first before unlatch your bra then no body can see anything. And there should be nothing anyone can say about it!!

Sorry I could go on and on. Some people disgust me.

for myself I am very modest with my body and always made sure I was covered up. that being said, I still got funny looks from people like they "knew what I was doing under that nursing cover". :roll:

I also got comments from people when I was ff though too. I used to make my bottles before I left so people couldn't tell if it was expressed milk or not. then they couldn't see me actually put the formula in. :roll:

you cant please everyone with this one. its just one of those things where you have to decide whats best for you and your baby and tell the rest of the world to kiss it imo.

a4tg- you have had a lot of struggles!!!! I went into trying to bf with the attitude if it doesn't work out, oh well. but then my baby refused bottles so I had to stick it out lol. im glad I did though. we tried the shields but he wouldn't use them. not sure if it was too 'bottle like' or what but he refused. strong willed little turkey!

There was a law passed in Scotland (don't know about rest of UK) in 2005 making it illegal for persons to stop a baby being fed I public. It doesn't stop some stares but does give bfeeding mums more confidence to do it knowing they shouldn't be challenged (although I know it does still happen sadly)

I must admit with my first I tended to feed at home or at relatives in the bedroom out of the way, but over the years with practice and age my confidence grew, an I fed m number 4 wherever and whenever he wanted and never had any comment about it. As he got bigger I tended to only feed him mornings and bedtime so was at home anyway and when he was little it IS so discreet I could do it walking with him in his sling and no-one knew lol or with a shawl over us and again no-one saw anything

xxx

Good evening ladies

I went to my first doctor appointment today. I can now stop changing my pregnancy ticker dates lol. My little one measured at 6wks + 5 days which makes my due date March 28, like I thought. I heard the heartbeat and saw it beating as well. Seeing this helped make the pregnancy more real for me. I will be one month shy of 35yrs old when I have the little one. The doctor gave me all this info about what could go wrong because of my age. I did not care for that part. I say let me enjoy my pregnancy, and if there is a problem then we address it. I have begun having headaches and excess saliva. I'm moody, sleepy and want to snack all the time. I hope most of these symptoms cease soon.

Comgrats to all new members! Welcome...

Mrsglam, I am 35 next month so I will be a strong 35 yrs when this one comes along, I'm not worried! :) At least I dont want to be...lol

Hearing about the disgusting things ppl say to women bf'ing in public makes me glad I do not...because I literally would end up in prison. Who gives another person the right to judge (even though it kinda grosses me out personally) I would be absolutly livid about anyone saying those things to a perfectly natural occurance. OMG no wayyy I'm getting red faced just thinking about how mad I would get if I even heard those things said to a nursing mum :saywhat:] (*,) Crazy mum time!!!!

Mrsglamiam: Congrats on the scan! :) I'll be nearly 43 when I deliver and my doctor really didn't use any scare tactics at all, thank goodness. hehe

Thank you... I will not allow anyone to cause me any worries during this pregnancy. This will be my last and I want to enjoy to the fullest.

I tried bf with all my children. I did not get pass two months of bf with either of them. I was young, on the go, and impatient with the first two. The last two I had my mil in my husband and I ears saying negative stuff about my bf'ing when in fact she also bf my husband. She would tell me she did not think the baby was getting enough. This caused my husband to question me at times. After feeling no support I just gave up. I plan to stick to it this time for at least one year. If I hear any negative comments I am going to just excuse that person out of my space.

I had extreme negativity when trying to BF all 3 of my girls. I only ended up doing it for about 3 weeks with each of them. I was also young with no support so I'm DEFINITELY going to give it a try this time with hopefully better results as I'm 1000 miles away from family.

yay for the great scan mrsglamiam!!!!

I cant say I care about the age thing either. im 35 and will be 36 when this one gets here. we could have many more if the Lord allows though so I guess I will trust He knows what He is doing health wise.

I told DH this is the first one I will be considered 'advanced maternal age' in the medical community so every time I tell him how much more tired I am he jokes that its my advanced maternal age lol.

I too will less than a month away from 35 when this baby is born. There maybe lots of others things that my Dr worries about but being close to 35 is NOT one of them. And neither am I ;)

Are/did you buy a pregnancy book for dh? If so, any suggestions?

Even though this will be our 5th (dh and I 3rd pregnancy) I want to buy him a book to better understand me during the pregnancy.

I did last time and he didn't read it. It was called "so your going to be a father!" It was more of a funny one. The parts that he did read he was laughing all the way through.

I saw one on amazon called "so your boys can swim" that looked pretty funny but I didn't buy it so cant say how good it was. if its not the bible or about sports im not sure my DH would read it

I send my hubby links to "what to expect when expecting, dad edition" since its his first but to be honest he has been sooooooooo good to me, he's very supportive n calm n loving. He is amazing with my other kids I can only imagine how sweet he will b with this one.

:) My hubby is super calm too. . .I'm in awe of his patience. I can't wait for him to be a daddy! He's already a great step dad but we don't have the girls all that much anymore. For the first 4 years we were together we had them every other week though so they have a great bond.

congrats mrsglam on your perfect scan xxx

I am 40 and my doctor and the midwifes I have met so far have not even blinked an eye at my age :D

At 36 (37 when I delivered) with my last baby, I asked about being an older preggo person and they laughed and said they would not consider me older until I was 40 at least XXX

Ok so ladies I need to know if the back ache starts earlier and earlier with each pg? I have noticed the last few days the more I do the more my back bothers me like I am 8-9 months.... not looking forward to this LOL

My joints hurt already, and I noticed that my back gets stiff faster. My 6 yr old wants me to carry her SOOOO much. That is not helping my back.

Congratz on the wonderful scan!!

I am 35 currently, and will be a couple months short of 36. My doctor basically said there is really no difference from his perspective, but that if I wanted he could diagnose me with 'advanced maternal age' so insurance will pay for more scans and screening. I said GO FOR IT! I love scans. However now I'm like, dang, I'm permanently 'old' in my medical charts :)

My joints hurt already, and I noticed that my back gets stiff faster. My 6 yr old wants me to carry her SOOOO much. That is not helping my back.

Congratz on the wonderful scan!!

I am 35 currently, and will be a couple months short of 36. My doctor basically said there is really no difference from his perspective, but that if I wanted he could diagnose me with 'advanced maternal age' so insurance will pay for more scans and screening. I said GO FOR IT! I love scans. However now I'm like, dang, I'm permanently 'old' in my medical charts :)

lol :haha: I am hoping that being older may have some fringe benefits too lmao.

A4tg - I don't suffer from backache generally but my SPD ws definitely prominent earlier in each pregnancy, about month 8/9 second baby, month 7/8 third baby and 13/14 weeks fourth baby. Hope you are feeling okay. I found a wheat bag for the microwave helped ease the pain a lot xx

Had my nt scan this morning, things went well! I saw a nasal bone, the baby sucking thumb, & the fluid thickness was only 1.2 mmso probably real low risk. I want to upload a pic but be prepared....junior looks (i swear) like a martian. They caught a full on facial and its a lil scary but I luv my lil alien!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->