PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Had my nt scan this morning, things went well! I saw a nasal bone, the baby sucking thumb, & the fluid thickness was only 1.2 mmso probably real low risk. I want to upload a pic but be prepared....junior looks (i swear) like a martian. They caught a full on facial and its a lil scary but I luv my lil alien!

brill -post a pic so we can see please how exciting !! times are moving on yay!!:cloud9:

lol :haha: I am hoping that being older may have some fringe benefits too lmao.

A4tg - I don't suffer from backache generally but my SPD ws definitely prominent earlier in each pregnancy, about month 8/9 second baby, month 7/8 third baby and 13/14 weeks fourth baby. Hope you are feeling okay. I found a wheat bag for the microwave helped ease the pain a lot xx

I just wrote a thread tonight about having SPD at 12 weeks... Im in agony and can hardly move... Ive had it the last 3 pregnancies and it started earlier each time, but never thought it would start so soon !!

lol! here he or she is!!!

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 7
pretty bad pics, the second one he/she was sucking thumb and is face down. Really hard to see it though!

tryn - awesome scan!!! Baby looks great :)

Our first 3d image of dd1 I swear she looked like skeletor from he-man. Totally freaked out my baby brother :D

SPD is the extreme pelvic pain, right? It was something I hadn't heard of until I started hanging out on bnb towards the end of my 3rd pregnancy. I had very minor issues at the end of #1, started about month 8 with #2, and with #3 pretty much the 3rd trimester. I'm very nervous that it'll be even sooner. I was at a horrible point where sitting at work was excruciating on my tailbone unless I used a medicine ball, but if I did I could barely stand up and took several minutes to be able to walk because pelvis and hips would hurt so much. Or I could sit in my normal chair in agony. It was NOT fun. I basically switched between the two based on whether I'd be sitting for over 30 minutes or not.

feisty and wannabubba- I love it!!!!! I will take the label too if it means I get the fringe benefits as well! <3 I would like to find out about the materniT21, harmony, and verifi. I actually just want it for knowing the gender by 10-12 wks from them :blush: but hey I can live without it I guess :lol:

tryn- what a beautiful lil alien :cloud9:

so sorry you ladies have the spd! I haven't ever had it, but I hear its soooo extremely painful. my hips hurt somewhat at the end, but I know its nothing like I have heard spd described :(

yup, this was one freaky scan pic...lol...aww my wee martian :) thanks ladies!

I dont think I have ever experienced spd...thank god!

Oh btw I well wanted to rant. As some of you may remember I had a looney tunes experience with an u/s, was really upset and wanted to go back to my original doc where I was way more comfortable. So they took me back (yay) but I had to keep this appt today because it was too short notice to get me into the other place for the time sensitive nt scan & bloodwork etc. So I completly forgot to tell you this "new doc" examines me after the u/s and he finishes and I realize he didnt bring out the machine & listen to the heartbeat. I was so excited thinking my hubby would hear his 1st baby's hb & nothing. Well I was glad cuz it made me so mad I just stomped out to secretary and was like uh yea, I'm having the baby at my old hospital and I need copies. She popped attitude with me, and seemed offended and refused me copies and said get my old dr to send a release. ( I happen to work in medical records, and technically I could have made a stink) but hubby doesnt like embarrassment so I just said fine. I immediately called my original doc and she faxed me a release to my work & I'm gonna fax it to them next week when I know my bloods will be back. After that I should be ok back in my cushy comfort zone. whew rant over!

Tryn my pic of baby too looked like skeletor from He-man. I was like "Whaaaa? That's the pic you give me?" I know that we had so many other views of baby than that one!

So I was just as BabyRUs and got myself a brand new convertible crib for only $180 just cause it had a scratch on it. :yipee: Oh AND I got a really great car seat on sale too, and it had the same base as my other one (which I don't have anymore) so will be able to put baby in both vehicles :wohoo: I feel like a great money saver at the moment!!

tryn- im glad you are outta there!!!!

a4tg- great money savings! way to go mama

Great scan TRYN! :)

I'm 42 and my doc doesn't seem to be giving me ANY benefits for being this old. DANG it!! LOL! I don't get a 12 week scan and she's not ordering the materni21 until my next appointment at 15 weeks. What the heck? LOL! :) I'd just like more scans and my bloods done sooner!

My low back pain has been kicking in already as well and I can't imagine how I'll feel at 30+ weeks.

Great scan TRYN! :)

I'm 42 and my doc doesn't seem to be giving me ANY benefits for being this old. DANG it!! LOL! I don't get a 12 week scan and she's not ordering the materni21 until my next appointment at 15 weeks. What the heck? LOL! :) I'd just like more scans and my bloods done sooner!

My low back pain has been kicking in already as well and I can't imagine how I'll feel at 30+ weeks.

I have my booking in appointment today, so will see if there are going to be any fringe benefits too lmao - I seriously doubt it although it would be nice to get extra scans or something haha; but as I want to home birth I cant be classed as high risk so that is probably better if they don't make too much fuss about my age lol

Tryn - your scan is gorgeous

A4tg cant believe you are buying stuff already, things are really feeling real now ppl in the group are buying baby things :happydance::happydance: and yay for great savings lol

Ive bought this baby's car seat... Its a birth to 4 yrs... Maxi cosi Milofix... I can use it for my 9 month old until baby comes... Will get more use from it... Ive also bought him/her a mamas & papas bouncer as it was in the sale... Dont plan to buy much more other than some clothes as i still have everything from my last pregnancy.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday, i have my booking in appointment on sunday and my booking scan on monday, Im also back at midwife in 4 weeks and have been told i will been seeing my consultant before that next appointment... The start of many appointments... I will get extra scans because of 3 c/sections... Really hoping i pass my GTT this time but doubt it as they have changed the criteria ive heard.

I love all u ladies for saying my scan is gorgeous! All true mummy we can see the beauty in shadows..I can't wait to start buying. The wait is killing me but I never start before 5-6 so mid Oct watch out retailers I'm coming to GET YA!

yes it may be a bit early, but you can never be too early when a sale is involved LOL i showed my mother the bedding we picked out for a girl and she got all excited and said that she would buy it for us if it was a girl, then went right into but it will be a boy. I think it is just a way for her to protect herself since I have already have 4, not too many people have faith that it will be a girl.

well no extra privileges or fringe benefits for me lmao -they don't class 40 old; has to be older than 40 so I have sneaked in just in time haha

Told her of my vanishing symptoms and she says it happens sometimes and shrugged; oh well! scan date officially 27th Aug as I thought, so just over 2weeks to find out if we are okay

xxx

wannabubba- sorry no fringies! but hey, its a good thing they don't look at you like that. and yay for your scan coming up ;)

I would love to buy some stuff. our last 4 have been boys though so if its a boy we really don't need anything. we always buy their own special blanket, first picture outfit, and baby book, but besides that we still have all the equipment we need. its just in our storage room waiting lol. if its a girl we would def need some clothes, but I wont go nuts. im ok with putting some boy stuff on while we are home. of course she would be decked out in girly when we are out somewhere. DH differs on this though. he says if its a girl she needs a whole new wardrobe of her own :lol: I guess its not too unreasonable since all we need is clothes. some of our boy clothes has been passed down the last 6 yrs so we have gotten of really easy.

I did already buy a new nursing pillow and maternity clothes. I gave away my old clothes when one of my friends dd became pregnant and they were young so I thought it would help out. I also gave them some gender neutral baby clothes since most of mine were straight up boys clothes and they were having a girl. I was borrowing a nursing pillow too so I knew if we got pg again I would need one. came across a really good one at the thrift store along with some very cute maternity clothes so DH stocked me up. I think it was $4 yay! anyone else wearing maternity clothes yet?? I usually just borrow DH's shirts in the beginning but I thought who cares, I want to wear girly shirts so I already started wearing some of them :)

I have bought a few maternity tops, a couple of pair of jeans and have worn most of them already ( the jeans are so comfy lol, why squeeze into something too small lol?) A couple of the tops are not going to last too long though, I bought my pre preg size but they are neat on me already; and not just at the bump grrr around the shoulder and the sleeves too haha - I am going to be HUGE again, no getting away from it I think xxx

I never have bought maternity clothes. This is actually a good thing about being plus sized. All my clothes pretty much will fit until maybe closer to the end. I also have lost 12 lbs, so Im definately still wearing regular. I tend to only get belly during pregnancy, and wear everything with stretch as I am allergic to uncomfortable stiff attire. Maybe I have an issue with the button on my jeans after 7 months but thats about it! I remember though with my first I was having him in dec (another winter baby) and about 2 weeks before I had him I bought these enormous pair of sweat pants which I literally lived in before and after I had him. They were so comfy, but I must have looked like an absolute whale in these massive things lol...then again it was the 90's lol. I will try to refrain from doing anything like that this time! Thank goodness leggings came back into style...yessssssss

:rofl:

tryn- you crack me up!!!!!!

I love loose and stretchy clothes too. I like the maternity tops to give me some kind of shape. EVERYTHING on me gets bigger when im pregnant. my arms, legs, feet, hands, everything. even my face gets bigger :( I wish I was just belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->