PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

im so excited to find out by 11-12 wks. it seems so crazy to know this early!!! it will be nice to have the ultrasound and see the baby as well, but I would love to buy a couple things for the baby that are gender specific. :cloud9:

ooh exciting for you both! I am trying not to look at little baby clothes just now, as I never see anything gender neutral I want to buy and always see cute little boys outfits or wee dresses haha and I am determined to sty team yellow.
Cant wait JUST to see or hear a heart beat if I am honest, my lack of symptoms (although am more tired than normal I think) is worrying me a bit still.

Lol,was at work last night and found out another girl is 17weeks pregnant, due in Jan, so that is 2 due on December and one in January and I swear I am bigger than them all -my tunic must hide more than I ever thought possible lol, cos still no-one has noticed haha- and I have been changing out of my outdoor clothes in the toilet or only when the changing rooms are empty. Heard the door open this morning and I quickly threw my coat on haha -must have looked a bit silly, coat on ready to go and still packing my bag with no shoes on yet haha

xxx

My belly is unhideable at this stage. Yes I kno unhideable is not a word. Off topic I have a rant I wanted to share specifically with you ladies. Perhaps some of you may disagree. I am getting seriously annoyed when ppl post absurd lists of food you so called cannot eat during pregnancy. Is it just me or has common sense gone awol for some? Isn't it common sense to avoid Listeria/bacteria when pregnant or otherwise? Hello who the hell wants that crap in our body anyway. Doesn't it make sense to avoid raw fish or rare meats. But like telling ppl soft serve icecream is a no no is looney to me. No matter what your preference n choices are I just hate when ppl put undue fear on a first time mum with info they themselves are not sure its accurate? Ok I'm done my rant lol..

My belly is unhideable at this stage. Yes I kno unhideable is not a word. Off topic I have a rant I wanted to share specifically with you ladies. Perhaps some of you may disagree. I am getting seriously annoyed when ppl post absurd lists of food you so called cannot eat during pregnancy. Is it just me or has common sense gone awol for some? Isn't it common sense to avoid Listeria/bacteria when pregnant or otherwise? Hello who the hell wants that crap in our body anyway. Doesn't it make sense to avoid raw fish or rare meats. But like telling ppl soft serve icecream is a no no is looney to me. No matter what your preference n choices are I just hate when ppl put undue fear on a first time mum with info they themselves are not sure its accurate? Ok I'm done my rant lol..

lol - yep, even my midwife told me no soft icecream - I just smiled lol :haha: And went on about storing food safely in the fridge haha -yeah cos usually I just mix my raw and cooked meats and hope for the best lmao :haha::haha: ... But tbh there are SO many ppl put there with no common sense so the rest of us get caught up in the ' info for idiots ' culture which is about just now. Like sign posted on spiky railings near my house (which are round an industrial works and is obviously to prevent intruders) , ''do not climb on, risk of being impaled''. Or on carry out coffee cups - ''HOT Risk of burning'' I am sure you know exactly the kind of thing I mean haha :haha::haha:

xxx

Tryn I agree!! You know I will be the person that gets all the nasty looks from the first/second time moms cause I eat half of the stuff they say no to. Well ok this pg I can't eat much in the way of meats at all, but I have in the past eaten I have eaten lunch meat, hot dogs, soft ice cream, bloody steak, soft cheeses with out asking if it is pasteurized and gosh knows what else that is a no no on that list :rofl: Sorry if this angers anyone but there is a lot more things to worry about then to obsess about food you eat. Honestly there are so many scare tactics already about sids, but they have to scare you about tons of other things. Anyways I do understand the concept to the why's these foods are potentially harmful, I am just going to use common sense is all.

Wannabubba I think it is just that so many parents out there did too much for their children so they don't know how to think for themselves. It is sad that our culture has come to this. I am a huge advocate for children thinking for themselves, because they need to learn coping skills in the real world. My previous DH's mother and sister even admitted they did everything for him, he seriously had huge coping problems. One of the many reasons that he went to alcohol. I am a mother who teaches my children to do it for themselves and rarely will do it for them. May sound mean but I will let them struggle, because in the end I see how accomplished they feel for succeeding.

It's not mean at all. It's actually doing what's best for your child....and society in the long run. It's important to teach your children independence, responsibility, how to take care of themselves, as well as how to take responsibility and understand the consequences for their actions.

I begin teaching my children independence as soon as it can be taught. Of course, I'm the mom who doesn't have my child hanging on my leg not wanting to leave me on their first day of kindergarten, and it breaks my heart that leaving me doesn't bother them one bit, but it also makes me feel good to know that they aren't scared of doing things without me and that I taught them well.

It's not mean at all. It's actually doing what's best for your child....and society in the long run. It's important to teach your children independence, responsibility, how to take care of themselves, as well as how to take responsibility and understand the consequences for their actions.

I begin teaching my children independence as soon as it can be taught. Of course, I'm the mom who doesn't have my child hanging on my leg not wanting to leave me on their first day of kindergarten, and it breaks my heart that leaving me doesn't bother them one bit, but it also makes me feel good to know that they aren't scared of doing things without me and that I taught them well.

Crystal how are things with you? Have you tested? Are you going to? What are your cycle lengths normally like (is it time to get excited yet?? :winkwink:)

Best of luck, thinking of you :hugs: xx

Thanks, Donna. I've tested every day lol. :blush: Absolutely nothing to get excited about. My cycles are usually 26-28 days. If this chart is right, with early O, AF would be due today at the latest. If AF doesn't come today, I'm pretty sure FF was wrong about O.

Ive never really suffered with morning sickness with any of my pregnancies expect maybe for a few weeks with my 2nd in 2006... But tonight smells are making me ill... I had soup cooking in the kitchen and now have all my windows open and yankee candles burning everywhere to try take the smell away and stop feeling so sick :sick:

i agree with the silliness! I think everyone has gotten so sue happy they have to put signs for everything just to cover their butts. its ridiculous!

crysshae- I hope you get a bfp this month!!!

chalrhow- I am still very sick and smells can literally gag me. :sick:

Heartburn is killing me and I still throw up on a daily basis which is not helping

Kaiecee - Oh what a shame, still being sick at 22 weeks - hope you get relief from it soon xxx

Anyone getting movement yet? I know it is early days for some of us lol - I cannot wait to feel him/her move around and let me know that all is okay :happydance::happydance:

Not feeling pregnant is the worst thing ever -I am concealing my bump when I am out due to my fears of baby not being viable or it being a molar pregnancy or missed miscarriage because of my lack of symptoms or worse still my disappearing symptoms and I would love to be embracing my bump just now and showing it off to the world.

My sister tried to reassure me yesterday by saying it is because my body is used to it now lol but all you ladies on here have had multiple pregnancies too so kind of throws that theory out the window :/

Well every pg is different. When is your next apt? You should be able to hear baby's heart rate right now, maybe go in to the Dr and ask to hear the beat cause you are worried? Not like you are asking for a scan or anything, just to hear the heart beat!

Well every pg is different. When is your next apt? You should be able to hear baby's heart rate right now, maybe go in to the Dr and ask to hear the beat cause you are worried? Not like you are asking for a scan or anything, just to hear the heart beat!

They wont even consider looking for heart beat until at least 16 weeks here D'oh!!! And I am scared to try out the Doppler in work in case I cant find it and worries me more - but I AM trying not to worry. Even bought my first baby item today -just a wee sleep suit , vest, hat and scratch mitens set but I reckon I need to feel more positive xxxx

Well that just sucks. Man if I had a doppler at work I would want to use it daily LOL. My little one is just so quiet. Not too much hard movement like my boys did. So I too am nervous, but I still have it that everything will be ok.

Can you sneak in and use ultrasound at work? Lol. When I worked in a hospital, I was friends with some of the radiology techs, and they did a scan for me. Can y'all get away with that there?

We have ultrasound technology but for looking at hearts mainly (I work in cardiac ITU)but could probably still get a decent enough pic if I knew how to work the machine lol; but it would be frowned upon - and tbh we are so busy just now, I spent my whole shift on my feet rushing from one job to another just trying to keep on top of things.
And as for the Doppler, I haven't told anyone at work about being pregnant yet - so I don't want to try using it until I have told everyone (by when I will have been for my scan anyway :) ) In saying that, if we get a quiet shift between now and then , then I may give the Doppler a go lol.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->