PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

I am seeing a dietitian on Tuesday next week... Hopefully they can help me out some more.

Tryn4... I don't really know the warning signs as ive always found out when my sugar levels are borderline... I think some signs are increased thirst and frequent need to pass more urine... When my blood sugars are high i don't notice much different... When they are low, which is hardly ever, i usually get a really bad headache.

Wannabubba... Yeah i should have had my GTT at 28 wks too but as ive had GD previously my consultant wanted me tested sooner... Have you had Gestational Diabetes before ? Yeah i don't see anything wrong with phoning your boss, as least that way she will hear it from you and not from someone who seen it on Facebook. I think the longer you leave it the harder it gets... Ive still not told people and im finding it harder.

Louise... Hi and congratulations on baby number 7... So sorry to hear what happened to your daughter. x

chalrhow -thanks! and no I have not had GD before but have been testing previously because of my PCOS and my dad having type 2 diabetes.

Louise -hi and welcome, many congrats on your pregnancy and so so sorry on your loss that is so tragic. We are staying team yellow too xxx

I am seeing a dietitian on Tuesday next week... Hopefully they can help me out some more.

I hope the dietitian appointment helps. GD would be SO HARD. Hugs!

Hey Louise! Welcome and congratulations! I'm so very sorry for your loss. HUGS!

Feisty, I get weird and 2nd guess everything as well right now, hormone city. I personally have to remember that you can't read emotions in type. Someone yesterday was pretty rude to me because of something I said that was taken completely wrong. BAH!

a4tg, I've had heartburn for 3-4 weeks already. SO not cool. :)

Hoping everyone has a lovely day! It is very hot here today so I'll be hanging in the airconditioning. ;)

Welcome Louise, my deepest condolences on your little Angel princess.

Charl- thanks for the info, I know its something that can hit any of us. :hugs:

Wannabubba-I don't think my hubby has told anyone. It annoys the hell out of me, but he kinda is a quiet private guy. When I told my kids, my daughter posted it on fb & a lady I know is on her fb & made a comment like wow your good I'm only on one & my husband flipped. He made her take it down and said too many ppl get jealous & badmine (its a Jamaican term that mean jealousy & envy) at this point my belly is noticeable, and his grandma is here from New York & we are seeing her this weekend. He hasn't told her but I'm sure she heard from someone else & I'm dreading seeing her just because of the awkwardness lol. I hope she isn't upset we never told her yet personally but I felt my husband should have.

Tryn - has he given you a reason as to why he hasn't said anything? -I know for men it doesn't seem real until scans etc or until baby is here in some cases lol

I feel bad that my hubby maybe thinks I am maybe with holding info for any other reason than I want to tell my boss lol - I think I will phone her tomorrow, just gets it out there xxx

whitesox -enjoy the sun and warmth, it is freezing here and raining today :(
xx

wannabubba thank you for your understanding words. I am feeling a bit better today, but I am going through all the stages of grief, just not as sad today. I too went out and bought a crib bedding set for my little man. Though I am not ready for the FB world to know yet. I am not ready for everyone's "didn't get a girl hey?". So I am not sure if I will ever post anything on there at all. As for the boss thing, ya I think if you don't to talk to him/her very often a phone call would be best then. Either way I think your boss will appreciate the heads up LOL

wannabubba thank you for your understanding words. I am feeling a bit better today, but I am going through all the stages of grief, just not as sad today. I too went out and bought a crib bedding set for my little man. Though I am not ready for the FB world to know yet. I am not ready for everyone's "didn't get a girl hey?". So I am not sure if I will ever post anything on there at all. As for the boss thing, ya I think if you don't to talk to him/her very often a phone call would be best then. Either way I think your boss will appreciate the heads up LOL

I have one girl already and still get the ' so trying for girl this time then?' I am hoping that because we aren't finding out until the birth, that people will be a bit more sensitive (asking a lot really there though aren't I ? lmao) and I don't get too many stupid 'aww another boy' comments this time (if he is). I think I am chillaxing being team yellow this time because my birth last time was so traumatic and they had me believe I was losing him, so once he was born I didn't care if he was boy, girl , eunuch or hermaphrodite lol as long as he was healthy :haha::haha:

Yeah and as for my boss, think I will phone tomorrow, even my dad is pestering me to get pics on facebook now lol -thanks xx:hugs:

I think if I already had at least one girl then I think we would team :yellow: too this time. But at the same time I am glad we found out. Though it would have been nice to have one surprise LOL Oh well. I get what I get right LOL

I'm not posting anything at all on Facebook about this pregnancy... As last time i got people commenting "You've got to be Kidding" and "You are crazy" that was it, no congratulations from them, just a few nasty people who couldn't comment anything nice at all, and i thought they wouldn't say that crap to my face, think if you cant say anything nice then don't say nothing at all ! I don't know if OH is going to put anything on his Facebook but he wont be tagging me in it if he does.

I'm not posting anything at all on Facebook about this pregnancy... As last time i got people commenting "You've got to be Kidding" and "You are crazy" that was it, no congratulations from them, just a few nasty people who couldn't comment anything nice at all, and i thought they wouldn't say that crap to my face, think if you cant say anything nice then don't say nothing at all ! I don't know if OH is going to put anything on his Facebook but he wont be tagging me in it if he does.

That is awful! Must admit, this worries me a bit - even if people think they are just being funny; it is NOT funny! A new life should be celebrated and not ridiculed or made the butt of other's childish jokes.

My eldest sister looked quite disgusted when I told her, and then laughed and said'' you have really got the wrong idea about 'life beginning at 40' -could you not have had a holiday without the kids or got a tattoo , or something?''
I replied well I have a holiday every year, and love taking the children, its the best time as a family; and I have tattoos already -she shut up then:wacko:

Saw her last week, and she commented, OMG look at the size of you, I had forgotten you were preggers :nope:

Expecting some sort of sarcasm from her when (if) the scan pics go up -but said in the light of humour, so if I say anything in return it looks like I am all hormonal or something xx

You are right, if people cannot say anything then they should say nothing at all xxx

Congrats and welcome HomeEdmom xxx and woop twins , now that is exciting -I always wanted twins (secretly hoped number 5 would have been 5 and 6 but definitely only one in there haha)

Congratulations on number 5 & 6 HomeEdMom :)

Wannabubba... Your sister sounds like mine... When i told her about number 6, she never even acknowledged it and totally changed the subject, then she made some snide comment about how i wouldn't love my youngest anymore... like as if i stop loving any of my children just because i have another baby... She is ridiculously immature although a lot older than me, my aunt says its jealousy... And definitely a new baby should be celebrated whether its number 1 or number 21 ! :)

Congratulations on number 5 & 6 HomeEdMom :)

Wannabubba... Your sister sounds like mine... When i told her about number 6, she never even acknowledged it and totally changed the subject, then she made some snide comment about how i wouldn't love my youngest anymore... like as if i stop loving any of my children just because i have another baby... She is ridiculously immature although a lot older than me, my aunt says its jealousy... And definitely a new baby should be celebrated whether its number 1 or number 21 ! :)

I am sure there is a bit of jealousy with my sister too, she really thought about having another 4 or 5 years ago, when she was about 38/39 and says its the best decision she has ever made to stick to her 2 that she has already(but I have an inkling it was more her hubbys decision than hers lol) Shame if that is the case though xxx

Your sisters sound a lot like my brother in the way of immaturity!! We seem to all have someone somewhere that has to be like that.

All that you are all talking about people saying things is exactly why I don't want to say anything. People really shouldn't say anything, cause it really has nothing to do with them. They all have to have their opinions but I don't need to hear them.

Tryn - has he given you a reason as to why he hasn't said anything? -I know for men it doesn't seem real until scans etc or until baby is here in some cases lol

I feel bad that my hubby maybe thinks I am maybe with holding info for any other reason than I want to tell my boss lol - I think I will phone her tomorrow, just gets it out there xxx

Well you kinda have to know my hubby to understand. He just figures its our business and ppl will find out when the baby is here. He doesnt like gossip or bad comments, he processes information through his brain before carefully choosing his words, unlike me where I just say whatever is the first thing on my mind lol which sometimes gets me in trouble.

Quite a few of our family knows, his mum, his sis etc, (who incidentally is 21, in uni & basically got outted on fb (not in a nice way by some horrible frenemies) about her secret pregnancy, and so she is having a lil girl 6 weeks before me) Can I just rant a moment on that...I am supportive of her but there is like 5% of me that is a lil upset that she is stealing my husbands first child shine, because my mother in law (who is like a mum to me) was going to try to come to Canada, and it was a big excitement for her (she is so loving to my other kids) but now my sis in law who is back home with her will probably need her way more than I do but I am a lil sad because I've never had a mum, and I was so thrilled at the idea she would come & fuss, and now thats all not gonna happen :( so I am just the tiniest bit sad, which I know is fairly selfish of me, but you know.... ANYWAY thats so off topic but just crossed my mind.

I agree about the comments on fb...I mean I can only imagine what ppl think of me, jealousy is really a hell of a thing. But I say F-them, you dont live my life, you dont pay my way or my childrens way, and both my husband and I work full time so GET A LIFE! I never look at another persons life and envy them because you have no idea what they have been through to get there.

Well you kinda have to know my hubby to understand. He just figures its our business and ppl will find out when the baby is here. He doesnt like gossip or bad comments, he processes information through his brain before carefully choosing his words, unlike me where I just say whatever is the first thing on my mind lol which sometimes gets me in trouble.

You hubby sounds like mine and you sound like me!! He does take his time to think out what he wants to say. I am so impatient it makes me mad some times.

As for your MIL I can understand if she is not coming anymore when you thought she was. Maybe she still will after a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->