PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

So we have talking about our legs and curious do any of your look like this or is this just bad?

image.jpg

wow hun, is it only like that when you are pregnant?? have you shown your dr??

I have one spot on one on my inner thighs where I have spider veins. I got them when I got pre-eclampsia with my first baby and swelled all up the last week before I had her. it doesn't go away, but its really hard to see. it doesn't look anything like that.

Almost all of my "visible veins" disappeared once I learned it was a vitamin C deficiency. Also, my mom cleared up her Vericose veins surgery free by upping her vitamin C. Since then, I use a few on my legs as my 'indicators' and up the C when they appear & they're gone again in a couple of days. (The back of my legs used to look that bad, but not all over.) Hope this helps :)

Blessedmama: That is so exciting! We have a Gr 6,4,2,K & 1 year old. I am enjoying not having to entertain a preschooler this year (yet). Our LO is just happy to sit in the middle of whatever's going on and play with puzzles/math blocks/etc.

sunny- how much vit c did you do to clear it up??

that's exactly what my 1 and 2 yr old do while im doing school with the "big" kids. they sit with them and do their coloring books or simply write on a regular notebook. I think it makes them feel big to be there with them. which is probably good practice for when they actually start school! my preschooler is actually young for preschool. he is 3, will be 4 in December. but he was ready for school and he does really well. he is very focused on his work and I think its partly his personality and partly that he enjoyed watching my 1st grader doing k last year.

Blessed - I took 1,000mg vit C+ 1,000mg bioflavanoids (combined pills) daily plus whatever 'token' amount is in my multivitamins. I am pretty sure my mom took more (like upwards of 5,000mg), but her veins were also much worse than mine. Now for maintenance, I will add 500mg/day as they reappear (or if I'm fighting something, etc.)

wow Melissa & sunny you two must have the patience of a saint lol I couldn't do it I too would be up for murder:haha: nope I love to send them all off to school and let someone else do it plus they often teach me things dought id be any good at it:haha::dohh: iam blonde:rofl::help:

I have some spider veins but just a little on my ankles and a little on my inner thighs good tip about the vit C:thumbup:

I've got the veins something fierce. LOL! I gained quite a bit of weight over the last 3 years which made it worse.

Iesha, I hear there is a demand/fetish for naked pregnant women. :D HAHA!

Iesha - Too funny!

Home Schooling - I'm in the 'probably end up murdering the kids' category. I absolutely LOVE helping with my 1st grader's homework, and I'm completely excited to continue learning with her as she progresses through elementary school, but I can't imagine actually teaching the full curriculum. Currently I'm struggling to even put piano lesson plans together, and have plans to add some other non-school but imo vitally important things like cooking, sewing, handwriting (cursive is not dead!), gardening, and stuff like that, that my mom had started me off on, but then couldn't continue. I've always felt a bit ripped off in that department, so I'm excited to learn as I try to teach these skills to my LOs. But typical math, science, history.... man, I already get a tad bit cranky when she doesn't focus for the 30 minutes we set aside for 'homework' (most of that her reading to me)! God bless the teachers (home school and otherwise) for your patience!!

Sasha - those veins don't look good; I had a small patch on the back and side of my knee that first appeared with DD1, and then seem to reappear worse with each pregnancy. Didn't know about the vitamin-c trick, but that might explain why I've been craving various vit-c foods (last pregnancy it was grapefruit juice, but the heartburn was SO horrible!! This time it is bell peppers - I just cant seem to get enough of them!).

feisty Melissa- I have actually learned a lot of patience while teaching them that I certainly wasn't born with lol. I agree, I think those skills are very important for kids to learn! my parents didn't really make us help out with cleaning or learn practical life skills growing up so I feel like I missed out. who cares if you can do algebra if you don't keep your home clean or cook. well, I think its important anyways. I had to learn how to cook and clean after I was married. I didn't know anything about budgeting bills or using a checkbook so I made a lot of mistakes. we are def making sure our kids know those things and are responsible for important life skills long before they are out in the real world

Sach-girl get them veins checked. :hugs: I think i have like one tiny spider vein on one of my thighs but they dont buldge.

Kellie-Listen, I swear I would make money...I just have to find the right pole....can I slide down from a pillar? the concrete kind? That might take the pressure. They make thongs in my size, I am all set!

I considered homeschooling for about 5 minutes! I actually love the idea of it and my husband was home schooled till grade 5. His mum had 9 kids and home schooled the oldest 6 until she decided to go back to nursing. She has regretted it ever since and blames her failure to complete it on how bad they all turned out. (my mil is a real treat!). Despite that my DH really liked the home schooling experience. I am quite frankly though just not smart enough to be their teacher (I haven't been able to help my Dd with her math homework since grade 5). Another consideration for me was our son. He is mentally handicapped and I did look at keeping him at home at one stage because of lack of special needs services in our rural school, but if I home schooled him, he would get even less services... Well not any actually. So everyday I send my kids off and leave the schooling to the experts.

I'm lucky in the veins dept as i dont have any but the stretchmarks on my tummy sure got me! :p

Well I know there isn't much they can do for my veins during pg. I had them about as half as bad with my last, and I talked to the Dr and he said that I should just hope they go away after baby is born. I have just tripled the amount that are sticking up, or bulging from my leg.

I am trying the fit-C thing, good thing I like the stuff LOL. I have already have had two tablets. I am spacing them out through out the day for maximum absorption. Still want to eat like three apples a day LOL

I was lucky with my previous not to get any stretch marks on my tummy.... but my ass and boobs weren't so lucky LOL. I am hoping to stay that way but I am not holding my breath.

donna- I took your advice and picked up some vitamins that don't have iron in them and didn't feel sick at all!!! :happydance: thanks so much for the advice!

im waiting on my gentle iron pills to arrive in the mail and in the mean time I feel so weak and dizzy. we did our grocery shopping today and it was rough! cant wait to get the pills and have them kick in. I really need the energy

donna- I took your advice and picked up some vitamins that don't have iron in them and didn't feel sick at all!!! :happydance: thanks so much for the advice!

im waiting on my gentle iron pills to arrive in the mail and in the mean time I feel so weak and dizzy. we did our grocery shopping today and it was rough! cant wait to get the pills and have them kick in. I really need the energy

eat lots of green vege!!!:thumbup:

Well I know there isn't much they can do for my veins during pg. I had them about as half as bad with my last, and I talked to the Dr and he said that I should just hope they go away after baby is born. I have just tripled the amount that are sticking up, or bulging from my leg.

I am trying the fit-C thing, good thing I like the stuff LOL. I have already have had two tablets. I am spacing them out through out the day for maximum absorption. Still want to eat like three apples a day LOL

I was lucky with my previous not to get any stretch marks on my tummy.... but my ass and boobs weren't so lucky LOL. I am hoping to stay that way but I am not holding my breath.

chillis have very high vit c!! xxx 3 x more than an orange!!

stretch marks got me on my belly and legs and boobs but no extra ones since my 1st baby im fair haired so ive heard you get them worse as your skin isn't as stretchy lol

Oh my belly full of stretch marks (war wounds/tiger stripes) but I'm so used to them & I'm so fair skinned they are not red, more flesh coloured. Side boob a few but not too bad, no where else though. I'm guessing my fat fills in the cracks? :rofl: my skin is sooooo itchy though right now, I don't think I'm getting any new stretch marks but I invite one to try & find space on this masterpiece!

I can't IMAGINE home schooling but I am so fed up with our education system here. I want an amazingly awesome home school mom to live next door so I can send this one over! PERFECT!

I have stretch marks all over. Belly, boobs, hips. . .I started this pg about 60lbs more than my others though. None of those on my stomach have turned red yet, but I'm sure they will as I get bigger. :) They really don't bother me, it's not as if I'll ever be a bikini model. Although I'm sure Iesha and I could make the big bucks on the pole.

i too have been starting to notice my skin being more itchy, I am trying not to scratch, just light rub my belly. As since I don't have them yet there I would like to try and keep it that way....... if I can. I too am hoping I am all stretchy still from previous babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->