PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Yay Sacha!!

Donna - Beautiful baby! I'm thinking boy too :)

Iesha - I hope she turns and smiles for you!!

Our baby #4 was in the NICU for a week. We were so thankful to have such a great facility!! Yes, I agree having one of the best hospitals in Canada so close is a wonderful blessing!! ;-)

AFM - Started taking something for MS last night and it has left me in a complete fog today!! ugh!! I am trying to remember if the fog lifts once my body gets used to it, otherwise I think I'll tough it out with the nausea until it gets waaay worse for now. My kids are having a 'free day' today. I basically just stare at them and smile as they run rampant around me. :) I wonder if this is what senility feels like. lol.

Sunny oh that sucks that it is doing that for you. I remember them telling me that it could cause drowsiness but it didn't seem to bother me. I was just so glad to be able to do something other than lie on the couch in agony. I was able to enjoy my summer more, even if I was passed out at 8:30pm LOL I hope that things work out a bit more for you!!

sacha- so good to hear! :)

Donna- im saying :pink:

Iesha- cant wait to see a pic :flower:

sunny- hope your ms passes quick. boo. :sick: the meds they use there is a sleeping pill here, so that may be why your foggy. I have used it a couple times to sleep and it works great

I had severe cramps last night for a couple hours before bed. it finally went away and I went to bed around midnight. then my back got all achey and I couldn't fall asleep. I woke up every 2 hours or so to pee and still had the achey back. they had me come in today for a pee sample, im assuming to check for infections that could cause the cramping. and tomorrow I have to do a quick scan to see if my cervix is shortening or opening. im praying it isn't and trying not to stress. don't want to lose this baby, but im not sure they can do anything at this point if something is wrong :cry:

Blessed Mel oh my that sounds so scary. I think your right though. There isn't much they can do other than put you on strict bed rest. I pray that everything is ok. Maybe you just have a sensitive uterus and it is just over acting. I had that with DS2. Keep us updated Ill pray for you.

Melissa - hope you are okay -if cervix is opening or shortening surely they can put in a stitch to stop it (maybe guessing really as I don't know) hope all is okay xxx

Sunny hope the MS eases up and /or the meds start to work and stop making you feel so out of it xxx

Charlene - stay team yellow lol -it seems I am about the only person left with team yellow lol - even the girl I work with who was team yellow caved and found out as well lol :haha:

xx

Melissa... I hope the scan tomorrow shows everything's ok with your cervix !!

Charlene - stay team yellow lol -it seems I am about the only person left with team yellow lol - even the girl I work with who was team yellow caved and found out as well lol :haha:

xx

Lol... Im trying but finding it really hard :dohh: I really would love a surprise this time but also want to be able to buy pink or blue... I need more willpower :rofl:

Melissa - that is scary :( I hope everything ends up fine and you can relax a little!!

Iesha - hoping you see your LO clearly today!

Sasha - wonderful updates on health :)

Donna - I'm team yellow too and committed! :yellow:

AFM, my appointment went ok. Blood pressure still on the low-end, but weight gain is high as I feared :( Really struggling with not feeling bad about it, and failing. Doc wasn't concerned - its more just me being neurotic. I went 12 years without a scale in my house, and for some reason we bought one this year and suddenly I'm a weight nut again. Blah. Baby is moving around great now, and heartrate was 152. Next month is my dreaded glucose tolerance test... I'm almost ready to just say gimme the GD materials, we all know I'm gonna fail. Ugh. But trying to focus on the awesome of hearing LO's heart :)

Good luck with your scan Melissa! I hope all is well with your bub!!

Hope you get a clear pic of your little girl today Iesha! (I have a lot of white noise as well) :D

MUCH better sleep last night, so there's hope that I'll adjust to this tiny, hard bed. LOL! The worst part is it's killing my hips. Yesterday and today I'm feeling Jenessa move much more! EXCITING! My hubs STILL hasn't felt her, with the anterior placenta.

Hope everyone else has a fabulous day!

We posted at the same time Feisty :) I'm sorry you're worried about weight gain! Is your doctor complaining as well? Makes it so tough. I have the GD test when I go back in 4 weeks as well. The sweets that have been jumping on board sure won't help me I'm guessing. I also didn't have a scale for MANY years. I'm far heavier than I thought I'd ever be. Big HUGS girl!

Kellie - hopefully the bed won't cause too many problems. Pelvic pain is so awful, especially this early on in the pregnancy.

To be honest, my OB didn't even bring up my weight gain, I did. He said that yes, if I kept up my rate of gain over the next 4 months I'll end up being over the target, but said it is probably due to less activity than I would normally have. That kind of made me feel worse, because I feel like I have been MORE active the last month than the previous months between soccer practices, doing fall yard work, planting bulbs, cooking more often (DH likes to cook so its usually 60/40 or 70/30 him cooking, but while preggers, I simply LOVE cooking even though it exhausts me, once I get out of the MS phase)... But for a week I was eating 2 lunches on top of snacks throughout the day. Bother. Doesn't help that I have outgrown a pair of maternity pants I've had since pregnancy #1! So just feeling sorry for myself really :D

Sunny - I have had hg with all of my pregnancies so Dr put me on Diclectin right away before it got to that this time. It took a good 3 or 4 days to not make me so drowsy and a week to be good. It took probably 10 days though to help with the nausea and vomiting though. I wish I had of started it at week 4 instead of week 5 because it did take so long. I am on the max dose now and add gravol if I need. Started vomiting again yesterday, but is still way better than hg. Good luck!!

Donna- lovely names... Although I am partial to Jacob lol. It's funny you have a Ben, we have picked that for this one too:)

Melissa hope everything is ok with you and bub!!!!

don't stress over the weight gain your pregnant its gonna happen just relax and enjoy your pregnancy and worry about the weight after! (im sure il change my tune once im pregnant lol)

thanks ladies! im trying not to worry. I know it wont help anyways. I keep looking up what is considered a healthy cervical length, but getting conflicting info. so im confused.

feisty- I feel like im gaining quickly too. I haven't weighed myself in a few days, but I am starting to feel like im starving all the time. so of course im eating all day.

That's the main thing - I'm absolutely ravenous. I just can't stop eating - but I am out of food at work (besides some candy and some triscuits), and all I really want is to step out for a 2nd lunch and have a chicken fried steak. I really do think I'm probably wanting to consume 3k calories a day, although still seem to be a bit off at dinner time. I don't think I would feel bad about the weight if I were so hungry all the time right now.

Mapleroo - Thanks! I will keep at it and look forward to the weekend and thinking more straight! :) Last pg, I was on 8x/day Diclectin too. It takes a long time to wean off of that much. I eventually weaned down to gravol, and was about 30w the last gravol I had to take. (We did a big happy dance) I am really hoping that by staying on it in advance this time, I won't get as sick and hopefully it doesn't last as long (maybe wishful thinking?!). I am also glad after what you said that I am starting now and not waiting until I start an intimate relationship with the bowl again. ;-)

Blessedmama - I don't know if this is any help to you at all, but my last 2 pregnancies I was 2-3cm dilated by 29 weeks. My BH Ctx start at 19-20 weeks, and I stay there right up until the end. Though my DS came at 36 weeks, it was for other reasons, and my DD I carried with no complications right to term. From everything I've been told, the more babies we have, the more easily our bodies can 'prepare for delivery'. I was told both times that in a "Multip Mom", they don't really worry about 2-3cm. -- at least someone "isn't worried" lol. Good Luck!!

funny you say that.... with my last I could have swore that I was in full labour for a full 2 week prior to the day i did have him. Every single night I would get to 3-4min apart contractions only to them stopping and they always stopped at different times, but could never ease them with walking or bath or anything else..... I was in tears because I was so confused LOL Guess my body really was getting ready!! Wonder if it will happen this time or not.... probably a LOT earlier :haha:

That's the main thing - I'm absolutely ravenous. I just can't stop eating - but I am out of food at work (besides some candy and some triscuits), and all I really want is to step out for a 2nd lunch and have a chicken fried steak. I really do think I'm probably wanting to consume 3k calories a day, although still seem to be a bit off at dinner time. I don't think I would feel bad about the weight if I were so hungry all the time right now.
^^^ yes this is me!

Blessedmama - I don't know if this is any help to you at all, but my last 2 pregnancies I was 2-3cm dilated by 29 weeks. My BH Ctx start at 19-20 weeks, and I stay there right up until the end. Though my DS came at 36 weeks, it was for other reasons, and my DD I carried with no complications right to term. From everything I've been told, the more babies we have, the more easily our bodies can 'prepare for delivery'. I was told both times that in a "Multip Mom", they don't really worry about 2-3cm. -- at least someone "isn't worried" lol. Good Luck!!

I was wondering if multiple pregnancies made a difference. was gonna look that up today but forgot. I think they are worried since im at increased risk for preterm labor. I have had 2 d&c's from mc's, had premature labor with one of my babies and water broke at 26 wks, and also had a leep surgery that removed part of my cervix. I guess multiple pregnancies just adds to that. I am usually checked the first time around 36 wks and im 1 cm dilated. then I start losing plug from there on out and usually make it to 3-4 cm dilated before I ever go into labor. it would honestly freak me out to be 2-3 cm even at 29 weeks. I think it scares me most that I usually don't see any plug til I make it to about 2cm(around 36-37 wks for me). I feel bh from early on, around 13-14 wks, but they must not be making a cervical change for me usually.

Mapleroo - Thanks! I will keep at it and look forward to the weekend and thinking more straight! :) Last pg, I was on 8x/day Diclectin too. It takes a long time to wean off of that much. I eventually weaned down to gravol, and was about 30w the last gravol I had to take. (We did a big happy dance) I am really hoping that by staying on it in advance this time, I won't get as sick and hopefully it doesn't last as long (maybe wishful thinking?!). I am also glad after what you said that I am starting now and not waiting until I start an intimate relationship with the bowl again. ;-)

Yeah that was my plan too, hasn't worked quite as well as I had planned, but at least it has kept me out of the hospital this time :) I hope it doesn't take you too long to adjust to the meds :hugs:

Any you lovely ladies having discomfort on their tail bone? Feels like I sat on a hard rock too long...

Just a quick question with your 5th pregnancies do you after put on high risk just because it's your 5th? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine is preg with her 5th and she has been put on high risk but she does smoke and gas thiroid problems but she reckons u will be high risk too? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->