PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Just a quick question with your 5th pregnancies do you after put on high risk just because it's your 5th? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine is preg with her 5th and she has been put on high risk but she does smoke and gas thiroid problems but she reckons u will be high risk too? Xx

I am not classed high risk Claire -they did discuss it at my booking in appointment, and then again at my 16week appointment the mw I saw wanted to double check lol -Criteria in UK is high risk above 4 previous babies so with me just being at 4, they kept me lol risk. I am hoping for a home birth and thought multipara and advanced age would go against me but nope! They are delighted and very supportive :D

Oh good so they will access me to see if I'm considered high risk? Hopefully I won't be as I have no health issues and don't smoke so fx xx

If you have no other health issues, and no history of previous issues in pregnancy then no, you are definitely low risk. Parity >4, BMI > or even to 30, age >35, previous history were the main criteria on mine, obviously with previous history including other pathologies or diseases and previous problems in pregnancy.

xx

Oh that's good to no! My bmi is probably a little higher than it should be as Iam a little over weight for my height but that's all really xx

Goodmorning lovelies,

Sorry didn't get a chance to update. Miss diva is doing quite well. Still dodging the paparazzi, but they got enough (will upload pics later) on screen she played up for us to see, was playing with her little fingers looked like her hands were clasped in prayer. But of course the pics are not as cute. Less grainy pics but still she mostly turned her face.

As for the food thing....if I told u guys what I ate its so shameful! I'm definitely in that ravenous zone !

Claire-I have several "so called" factors & I'm not classed as high risk. This is my 5th. If anything I think I get less attention lol. High bmi (although they don't make that an issue in Canada like they do in UK) I'm 35yrs, but don't smoke, don't have any other health issues. I even think my bp is on the high side during pregnancy, and they don't even bat an eyelash my way LOL

Just a quick question with your 5th pregnancies do you after put on high risk just because it's your 5th? The reason I ask is because a friend of mine is preg with her 5th and she has been put on high risk but she does smoke and gas thiroid problems but she reckons u will be high risk too? Xx

I was told i was high risk with this being baby number 6... That was before she read i had 3 c/sections.

Iesha... Your scan sounds mega cute, cant wait to see pic ! x

I totally cannot wait to see you babe Iesha!!

Here in Canada I don't think you become high risk just because of the number of children you have like Iesha mentioned. Not sure why the number of children would make you high risk, seems strange to me. :shrug:

I wasn't sure either so i just googled it there lol...

A grand multipara is a woman who has already delivered five or more infants who have achieved a gestational age of 24 weeks or more, and such women are traditionally considered to be at higher risk than the average in subsequent pregnancies.

woohoo! I am a "Grand Multipara". Wait, that doesn't seem like such a great title afterall. lol.

Blessed - your journey certainly has additional factors. I can see why the little things get more attention!! I will keep my fx for you that there is NO dilation, and that baby stays snuggled in that warm safe blanket all the way to 40 weeks!!

I would agree with the previous comments about high risk in Canada. I believe it is based on your history more than age & multip. I am 35 & on baby #6, but because my deliveries are uncomplicated, and health is good, I am still with my mw again. The only thing I am concerned about that would classify me as HR is twins. As exciting as it would be, it is an immediate transfer of care to an OB. -- Ooh Ooh! Speaking of which... We have had the same 2 Mw for all 5 of our babies (1 for the first 3, and the other one as overlap with 2-5) and I just booked my first appointment to see her again!! I know they reserve spots for return clients, but with MW in such high demand here, I am always anxious that I won't get in and over the moon when they accept me again. :D

So glad the babe is doing well Iesha!

Haven't posted a bump in a couple weeks. . .23 + 2. . .please ignore the unmade bed, as I am trying to get comfortable in it most of the day and our mess. 7 weeks is a long time to be in a hotel and we have a lot of junk. :) My exercise ball has been AMAZING help for my hip pain at least. Oh and I didn't put make up on for you guys either. HAHA

Attachments

• 23 weeks.jpg
    23 weeks.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2
Yeah that was my plan too, hasn't worked quite as well as I had planned, but at least it has kept me out of the hospital this time :) I hope it doesn't take you too long to adjust to the meds :hugs:

Thanks :) I already seem to be doing better today. Not 100%, but better. I'll happily be your "stay out of the hospital" buddy :thumbup: Last time, I had a Dr who was adamant that a "hospital is no place for a pregnant woman", so he would bring me in for IV fluids but sent home in between. Still, I would much rather not go in at all!!

Sunny That is so awesome that you have the same MW again. That is one thing I feel I am missing. I would much rather have one then a Dr. but that is not my choice. I will just have to live through you ladies that get one :winkwink:

Kellie I never make my bed :haha: I don't usually go back in there unless to sleep. So I pretty much stay out of there until I am ready to fall over. I have other parts of the house I clean so that get a good cleaning every couple weeks.

Kellie, I agree with the other ladies, you look fantastic!! I also never make my bed....

Ultrasound went well! Just one in there and heartbeat was 179. The little bean was doing flips and waving arms and kicking legs. It was pretty cute. Growth is right on track.

Ultrasound went well! Just one in there and heartbeat was 179. The little bean was doing flips and waving arms and kicking legs. It was pretty cute. Growth is right on track.

Yay for healthy bubs -did you get a pic xx

Woohoo for scans can't wait to see pics!!!
Kellie your bump looks gorgeous!!! I can't wait for mine! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->