PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

yay Iesha!!! so glad she is good :flower:

Kellie- you look fabulous!!! :winkwink:

mapleroo- too bad we cant see a pic, but great to hear baby is doing good! :flower:

in US they don't consider you high risk for number of pregnancies either. I have even had several complications in my pregnancies, but im not considered high risk. had PROM, preterm labor, ogliohydraminos (low amniotic fluid) in two pregnancies, placenta abruption, anemia, low lying placenta, hemorrhage, IUGR, and pre-eclampsia. maybe even forgot some things lol. when I was pregnant with my 6th I read that you are more likely to hemorrhage after birth from your 6th baby forward so maybe that plays a role in their decision there??? strangely enough my 6th was the only one I did. and im on #7, so hopefully it wont happen again.

afm- our scan went good, baby is healthy and im not having premature labor :happydance: my cervix is closed and not short. I am however dehydrated again :dohh: and that's why im having symptoms of early labor. boo. I drink all day long, but not really water specifically. guess I better start. very very thankful to find out all is well, God is good! and also found out the placenta is anterior and that's why im not feeling her yet.

our little shmoopy pants and one of her sucking her thumb :cloud9:
2013-10-17_11.37.50.jpg2013-10-17_11.38.23.jpg

Ahh that's great news Melissa!!! So glad baby is tucked up tight !! Beautiful picture !! Xxx

Melissa - great scan pix; I love the thumb sucking! Also sooo glad to hear that things are well. I have the dehydration issue too, and I'm sure its about to get worse because I'm not supposed to drink while eating to help with the heart burn. So... we'll have to see.

Iesha & maple - glad to hear your scan went well! Can't wait to see the pix Iesha :)

Kellie - gorgeous bump! I don't typically make my bed either. I remember always keeping it made as a kid, and even in college, but just doesn't seem to be something I do regularly as an adult lol!

AFM, I am still feeling sooo hungry, and now craving steak. And italian food. And really bad breakfasts. There is a dive bar/diner near my office that makes some really yummy dishes, but I"m pretty sure wouldn't win any awards for nutrition. My two favorites are their scramble, which is 4 eggs, 3 or 4 kinds of breakfast meat, hashbrowns, and cheese scrambled together and served with toast. You can get it covered in more cheese and gravy, which I always do. I also love their chicken fried steak meal (typical chicken fried steak w/ gravy, 2 eggs, hashbrowns (which you can get stuffed with sour cream and covered with cheese...), and toast. Well, I was SUPER hungry one day (several years ago), and got the scramble... with a chicken fried steak on top. It was fabulous. So, that is probably my absolute WORST food issue right now - I CRAVE that diner every morning at 10am. Last week I went and had an 'early' lunch... but then ate my entire lunch I had packed a few hours later. And I was STILL hungry for dinner. *smack* So, feel free to admit your food adventures - I like to compare notes hehe. Oh, also last week I bought a pint of ice cream after lunch, and proceeded to eat the entire thing while in a meeting. Come on ladies, share your food tales!! :)

Here are the pics ladies...
Thanks for all the well wishes and I swear Melissa your daughter is giving me a thumbs up LOL Either that or the finger!!!!! Divas I swear!

Feisty Mel-Yesterday we were waiting for the ultrasound I had a pumpkin spice muffin then a steeped tea. When I got to work I ate 2 beef patties (the jamaican kind, not sure if you guys are familiar it has a pastry and seasoned spicy meat in middle) then for lunch at 2:30 I had fish n chips, a coleslaw, a roll & half a slice of pumpkin cheesecake. When I got home I had a bowl of granola too. I'll join u in that steak (one of my biggest craves and have some italian food on the side. Add in some Red Lobster & i may or may not be satisfied. LOL Thats a lot of food for me in general, but really I just feel like a piggy!

Attachments

• lo.jpg
    lo.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1
  • lo2.jpg
    lo2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1
So glad your scan went well and you're cervix looks good Melissa!!

Feisty Mel. FOOD! hahaha. . .I'm hungry ALL THE TIME. I'm eating crap I normally don't eat, I feel like this is the last time in my life that I'm going to just let go and eat. I've always watched closely even though I put on quite a bit of weight the last few years from medications. Seriously, horrible food. Pumpkin Pie pop tarts have been my guilty pleasure this week. I am craving steak and sushi right now. Salt and vinegar and Chili Lime pringles. . .cinnamon raisin bagels. . .I did low carb for YEARS and I'm craving sweets and carbs with this pregnancy. I completely dread the glucose test for this reason as well. HAHA

Absolutely lovely scan pics ladies!!

As for food just a little over a week ago I just wanted pasta and Italian sausage and a pound of cheese. I could not get enough of it at all. Cheese is my weakness. I am actually doing well. I'm not as hungry as I was before. It has calmed down. So I am embarrassing it. I am sure it will not last. Cause I have had the baking bug and I want to make all these really fatning desserts

thanks ladies! im over the moon happy that everything is ok.
food oh my... i cant stop. im gonna be huge! had DH stop to get me chik fil a on the way to our scan. almost stopped in the hospital café after too :blush: its 11pm here and i just had roast beef with mashed potatoes yum. def craving steak, oh and Chinese too. mmmm my list could go on and on! DH is a big foody, so he wont stop me lol. he joins right in :happydance: it doesn't help that i recently weaned my LO who is allergic to eggs and peanuts. it opens up food to me that i haven't been able to eat for the last year and half

Thanks for all the well wishes and I swear Melissa your daughter is giving me a thumbs up LOL Either that or the finger!!!!! Divas I swear!

:rofl: when i was first looking at the pictures i looked over at DH and showed him that one and asked if she was giving us the finger. he said probably lol

ok, am I the only one who thinks there should be a *warning* label before you start talking about food?!?! :sick: I hope no one's offended that I have started 'skimming' your posts and trying to figure out in advance what paragraphs contain food related issues before reading them. :haha:

On other happy notes, I have completely moved out of even my "fat pants" and entirely into my maternity wardrobe. At 5 weeks. It was like my body went "we know what to do now!!" and happily exploded my belly, butt, and thighs. (too bad my boobs haven't got the message :rofl: )

You lot are making me hungry lol good thing about being in a hotel room "room service!" X

sunny lol - I was the same at 5 weeks haha -funny thing is, once the bloat disappeared and bump remained I actually got smaller haha - can still fit into my regular jeans (low rise ) and am just wearing bigger or maternity tops lol

Melissa -your scan pics are gorgeous <3 And as for the high risk criteria, think it is different in UK versus USA because we don't have OB care or consultant care unless we are high risk, I only see my midwife and do not attend a hospital either -only go to community midwife unit - means I cannot get epidural and would have to transfer to high risk consultant led care in hospital for C-section / assisted delivery/ risk of PPH etc -so at this stage then only difference would be is that you see a doctor rather than midwife xxx

Mapleroo- big meanies not giving you a pic; but as long as baby is doing well - that is all that matters -when is your next scan?

AFM 21 weeks and a banana yay!! LOVE bananas haha xxx

Sunny LOL @ skimming posts about food.... I am sure no one is offended about it. We have all been there.... only difference is we later ladies started the thread so we didn't have any talking about food when we were ill feeling LOL

Donna I actually love banana's too. Though I don't like to eat them with any brown on them.... Unless I make a smoothy with them LOL

Wow I have been sleeping like a log lately. I know that it won't last, but when I close my eye at night I am having troubles getting up to pee. I am used to dragging myself out of bed for months now, so that isn't any different. Anyone else finding that you are sleeping like you have never slept before??

Re the bloat: When at the scan yesterday watching my little one bounce around inside me, it was hard to imagine something so tiny was making me Sooooooo bloated.

Donna - don't have a date yet for next scan. I am yet to see my OB but they usually do them here at 18-20 weeks.

Re the bloat: When at the scan yesterday watching my little one bounce around inside me, it was hard to imagine something so tiny was making me Sooooooo bloated.

Donna - don't have a date yet for next scan. I am yet to see my OB but they usually do them here at 18-20 weeks.

Unless you want the 12 week NT scan. Which is optional in Canada.

in that case I would definitely get the NT scan xxx

Love seeing baby on the ultrasound <3

xx

Sasha - tailbone pain hasnt struck me yet this pregnancy, but with #3 it was horrific, and started with some discomfort during the 6th month. I could not get comfy at all.

Maple - hope you get a pic with your next scan!

Donna - Congratz on week 21 :)

Sunny - so sorry to you and the MS suffers! I agree about a disclaimer about food, I'll try to remember in the future, something like this:

FOOD UPDATE! (warning, graphic description of food to follow)
I want chicken fried steak. I want it sooooo bad. It is calling to me from across the street...but its a 5 week month, so budget is SUPER tight right now, and I'm munching garlic triscuits instead. I am not a happy momma.

Iesha - That sounds like a perfectly lovely food day; haven't had Jamaican patties before, but holy cow they sound delicious, and all the Jamaican spices I've tried I love :)

Kellie - Also have gone through pop-tarts, although haven't found the pumpkin spice ones yet. Went through a box of red velvet in 2 days, followed by blueberry, followed by cookies & cream, followed by cherry. I'll have to add pumpkin spice to my shopping list when we hit the market this weekend!

Sasha - Pasta & cheese are *always* one of my weaknesses, even when not pregnant, so yeah - I know what you mean. I think I could easily eat a pound of cheese a day if I had it on hand - between just slicing cheddar to sprinkling mounds of shredded parm on pasta, to spreading herbed cheese spreads on crackers... mmm.

Melissa - Last pregnancy asian food, and Thai in particular was my weakness. I ate out at our local Thai restaurant 5 days in a row for lunch. My workmates thought I was crazy. Maybe I am :D But this time around I'm not much into stir-fry, which is odd because I love making it and the family loves it, but it just isn't doing much for me. Which is frustrating because that is what I have for lunch today (leftovers), when what I want to do is head to Olive Garden for pasta, or a local dive bar/diner for chicken fried steak.

Lol Feisty Mel - I have just finished eating, but am now starving reading your post lmao

xxx

Sasha - tailbone pain hasnt struck me yet this pregnancy, but with #3 it was horrific, and started with some discomfort during the 6th month. I could not get comfy at all.

Well I'm in my 6th month now so that would make sense. I don't have it every day, thank goodness, but it really is uncomfortable. I was starting to wonder if I was a freak and it was just a fluke I was having this pain LOL

You know I wonder how I am going to make it :haha: I have really good days where nothing bothers me, but those are starting to get less and less. Since it is all happening so early, I am sure I am going to be either a cripple or nasty beast that needs to be locked away to avoid taking someones head off!!

Sasha - Sitting cross-legged helped me with the tailbone pain, but I think you also mentioned pelvic pain. Cross-legged made the tailbone feel better, and it didn't hurt my pelvis/hips while sitting, but HOLY COW standing up was soooo hard.

I'm not talking about just from the floor - I sit cross-legged in my desk chair at work too, and at the dinner table, and pretty much as often as I can, until the pelvic pain starts to set in.

Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->