PG again with your 4th, 5th, or even 6th child?

Sacha - would not recommend sitting cross legged if you have SPD- ow, ow ow ow, my tailbone hurts too, part n parcel of SPD for me unfortunately. Feeling a bit sore today, like I have been kicked in the foof and it burns :( Was climbing a big hill earlier with my LO and attempted to play chases with him (for all of 5 seconds until the pain got me )

Time to dig out the heated wheat pack xxx

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yup looks like we just get to sit in pain. I have ben dealing with my pain mostly by changing the position I sit in. Yesterday I stepped up on a chair to water my plant and it felt like my hip was going to rip off :haha:

Donna does doing aquasize or yoga help or is that a bad thing to do with SPD?

Oh I hope the pain eases for you guys!! I get nerve pain in my legs when I'm preg the joys of pregnancy eh!! X

My hips are just killing me. Makes sleeping AND sitting a pain.

RED VELVET pop tarts??!?!?!!! Oh my. I'm looking for those the next time I'm at the store!!!

FOOD UPDATE!

Kellie - they weren't *quite* as great as I hoped they would be, but still pretty yummy. I am a huge sucker for red velvet. Another thing I have been craving a bit is Hagen-daas 'five' chocolate ice cream. I can find the regular chocolate, but I just really adore the 'five' ingredient.

Melissa -your scan pics are gorgeous <3 And as for the high risk criteria, think it is different in UK versus USA because we don't have OB care or consultant care unless we are high risk, I only see my midwife and do not attend a hospital either -only go to community midwife unit - means I cannot get epidural and would have to transfer to high risk consultant led care in hospital for C-section / assisted delivery/ risk of PPH etc -so at this stage then only difference would be is that you see a doctor rather than midwife xxx

it does sound just like here except different names of who we see. ob's aren't considered high risk here. i think that would be a perinatologist here. we don't go to the hospital either for appts, just whatever clinic your dr is in. some of them see their patients in the hospital, but its not like going to the actual hospital, its like going to their office that happens to be in the hospital. my ob i have now has her office at a wing that is off of a new hospital here where there are several other dr offices but not hospital services. i think we have different options though as to who we choose to see. we can see a family dr, general practitioner, ob, midwife, etc, at our own liking. but they all pretty much do the same thing. we can even have a midwife that delivers in the hospital with an epidural if we like. i have used a family dr for one of my pregnancies and he was great. my family dr now is a woman, but she opts out of maternity care, so i chose an ob instead of another family dr or general practitioner. i considered a midwife, but the closest they have to my location are over an hour away and my last birth was less than that. plus if i had to have a C-section i would have someone who i didn't even know doing it instead of someone i knew my whole pregnancy who i had already formed trust with, like i do my ob.

sunny- sorry your so sick. ugh i remember those days!

sorry for the spd ladies!!! sounds very painful. you are all true warriors!!!

Tailbone pain... When I broke my tailbone in my first labour for months I had to roll up towels and place them under my thighs while sitting so my tailbone wouldn't touch the seat it helped ALOT so maybe U could try that? The ladies in my town kept giving me knowing looks then whispering "stitches?" then when I'd reply "No, broken tailbone" it was funny to see their look of horror lol I never had stitches I think they scare me more than a broken tailbone

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yup looks like we just get to sit in pain. I have ben dealing with my pain mostly by changing the position I sit in. Yesterday I stepped up on a chair to water my plant and it felt like my hip was going to rip off :haha:

Donna does doing aquasize or yoga help or is that a bad thing to do with SPD?

I have been doing pre-natal Pilates - I done them after my last baby was born and started them again about 3 months prior to trying to conceive to try and build up a stronger core -and in honesty I think it has helped as I am now week 21 and not in as much pain as last pregnancy (which hit me hard at as early as 13/14 weeks). I definitely feel the pain progressing now and imaging it is only going to get worse, and am waiting on my physio appointment, (a week on Wednesday )- to check if it is still okay for me to do them. I did do them yesterday (as well as climbing a hill and running in the park lol) and was very sore last night; but don't know if it was the exercises or the park or the hill or a combination of them all lol :haha:.

I have been recommended by midwife and physio to attend aqua-natal classes -which are ran here by a midwife to help my SPD -am signing up next week (as soon as I get a swimming costume haha).

xxx

I think antenatal care has changed loads in the UK since i had my 1st baby 15 years ago... When i was having him i only seen 2 different midwives my whole pregnancy, (Muriel and ive totally forgot the 2nd ones name and she was the midwife who delivered my son), So bad with names... Now i think ive had appointments with every midwife in my area, i have my favourites but you are never guaranteed to see the same midwife :( Also after my 1st baby the midwife came in everyday day for 2 weeks, after my last baby i only seen the midwife 4 times before i was discharged and i had a home visit a few weeks before my 1st was due so the midwife could go over birth plan, if you had everything you needed, knew what to pack in your bag and answer any questions/worries you had... Feel i got a lot better care then, now i go to my appointments and if its someone ive not seen before, i get all the same questions over again, without reading my notes, appointments always take so much time as i have to hang about to be seen by the consultant, who just reads over what he last wrote then asks if i have any questions... Clinic appointments are always double booked and far too busy... There is either lots more pregnant woman than there was 15 years ago lol or there is a lot less doctors/midwives

Donna I would love to take some aqua size but apparently my children's swimming lessons are on the same night they prenatal classes are on. :dohh: Plus my next issue would be to buy a bathing suit, oh and then shave my legs, then worse yet trim up the lady parts I can't reach...... I so scared I am going to cut the important bits.

Charlow things have changed here too. Though I think more for the better. As we didn't have midwives, so the only option was to go to a hospital. They also didn't have all the work out programs for anyone pg. Now there is something everywhere you look. It is much more in demand. i just wish they had more MW available, we only have two for our whole city plus the out scirts of town. NOT enough!

It's so strange how our care varies so much from country to country! I had 2 of my babies in Australia and after this one, 2 in Canada. The differences for me varied mostly in the labor and delivery. Seems to be far more clinical here. Whereas in Australia all midwives and birthing centres. But the birthing centers are part of the hospital so if there are complications, it isn't a problem. Now we get to hear about how it is different again in the UK. Very interesting!

Sacha haha -yep shaving the legs is bad enough but the lady garden may involve some mirrors and contortions haha

Charlene - I have never seen the same midwife either, and even don't remember any of them from 3 years ago (or beyond either) too, whilst they all say they have been there for years and cannot believe they haven't met me before (with baby 5 especially lol). My booking in midwife was fab too, totally pro home birth and is actually my named midwife, but haven't seen her since lol (pointless paper exercise given you a 'named ' midwife who you never see lol)
In saying that I have had only 2 appointments and 2 scans so maybe I will see someone I recognize at my next appointment in 2 weeks. And my aqua-natal class is ran by two midwifes and aromatherapy massage is done by only a small group of midwifes too so may get to 'know' someone a bit better. Which would be nice especially considering we want a home birth -rather not have a total stranger in my house

xx

I think that would be weird too to have someone your never even talked to come into your house and get up in your business. It is weird that I say that now and think back to my births, only two of my OB's actually attended my birth. So I guess I had a stranger up in mine too :haha:

Oh and I forgot to say something earlier. **food warning**

I was making eggs and bacon for the famdam and of course I was the last to eat LOL. anyways when I sat down to eat my eggs I noticed they were just a tad runny. I know we aren't supposed to eat them like that but I. Could. Not. Help. Myself! I love runny eggs and toast, it is one of my favourite! Not super runny but just a bit.

Any of you ladies have any oopsies like that? Or just went a head and just did it anyways??

Sacha haha -yep shaving the legs is bad enough but the lady garden may involve some mirrors and contortions haha

Charlene - I have never seen the same midwife either, and even don't remember any of them from 3 years ago (or beyond either) too, whilst they all say they have been there for years and cannot believe they haven't met me before (with baby 5 especially lol). My booking in midwife was fab too, totally pro home birth and is actually my named midwife, but haven't seen her since lol (pointless paper exercise given you a 'named ' midwife who you never see lol)
In saying that I have had only 2 appointments and 2 scans so maybe I will see someone I recognize at my next appointment in 2 weeks. And my aqua-natal class is ran by two midwifes and aromatherapy massage is done by only a small group of midwifes too so may get to 'know' someone a bit better. Which would be nice especially considering we want a home birth -rather not have a total stranger in my house

xx

Aromatherapy massage sounds really good.... How did you find out about that, will need to see if there is anything like that near me... Be good if you got your named midwife at your home birth... Are you getting anymore scans, cant remember if you said you where to go back in 2 weeks ?

Oh and I forgot to say something earlier. **food warning**

I was making eggs and bacon for the famdam and of course I was the last to eat LOL. anyways when I sat down to eat my eggs I noticed they were just a tad runny. I know we aren't supposed to eat them like that but I. Could. Not. Help. Myself! I love runny eggs and toast, it is one of my favourite! Not super runny but just a bit.

Any of you ladies have any oopsies like that? Or just went a head and just did it anyways??

Me !! Lol i also have to have my eggs runny... Love eggs... scrambled, fried, mashed in a cup.... mmmmmmmmmmmm im in the mood for some now !! lol

Well I am glad that I am not the only one. I am sure there are worse things to have than runny eggs. I just seem to think of any at the moment. I just try to eat with common sense. Mostly we have been eating from scratch foods and baking and stuff. Where as before we would eat out more. So I know what is going into my food, including salt LOL

Yeah Charlene - I have a scan next week to check baby's heart only though, baby wasn't in a good position to see properly this week seemingly.

My CMU offers ante-natal aromatherapy massage for a small fee from 30weeks onwards - last time it cost about £5 each time I think -wasn't any more than that anyway, and was lovely, they play fab relaxing music and use gorgeous oils. Bliss!

I am loving eggs just now too lol xxx

Ive never heard any of my midwives mention it... Im def gonna look into it... £5 is good... lol how many times are you allowed to go, id be there everyday :rofl:

Ive been right off most foods... Nothing take my fancy at all... Im more fussy than the children... I have spag bol cooking for OH when he gets in from work but i will be having eggs lol

That is awesome!! I was like that earlier in my pg but now I am good to eat almost everything. Well almost. I am actually off fast food. Which works in my favour. I really don't need to add that to my diet when I am already struggling with my weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->