PMA PMA 2013 Valentine/feb tester thread - Join us! :)

So while on a googling frenzy to find a sentimental way of telling Hubbie, I thought I would share with you ladies and see what you think!

1. Take him out to lunch OR cook a wonderful meal for dinner and casually say that you went to the doctor, and found out that you have TWO heartbeats. Isn't that weird? Then wait for the realization to settle in and excitement to take over!

2. While your hubby is in the shower, write "I'm Pregnant!" on the steamy mirror and wait quietly outside the door until he gets out. Once he reads it (hopefully he notices), he'll come looking for you and you'll be standing outside the door holding the positive pregnancy test as proof. Hooray!

3. While you're home waiting dutifully for your husband to come home, use a washable marker to write "Hi Daddy! Can't wait to meet you!" on your belly. When he comes home, mention to him that you have a weird mark on your stomach, and ask him to come look at it. He won't be able to keep the smile off of his face!

4. Write him a letter from Baby, making sure to address it to him and place the correct postage. Slip it in with the other mail items and watch as he sifts through the mail to find it. You can include things like "I'm all warm in Mommy's tummy, but soon I will be cuddled in your arms!"

5. If you have pets, make a neck sign for them to wear, saying "I'm going to be a big brother/sister!" Let them mosey around the house like normal until your hubby notices. I would even go so far as to try to catch it on camera!
OR if you just haven't found that fluffy-cute puppy yet, order a T-shirt online that says Mom-to-be or Mommy in Training and wear it around the house. You'll get a kick out of seeing how long it takes for him to notice!

6. Recreate the day he proposed to you. Take him out to a nice dinner, then follow up with a romantic play or movie. Go for a short walk (if the weather permits) or stop him beside the car. Take a knee and pull out a box with your positive pregnancy test in it. Open it slowly and ask him, "Will you be the father of our baby?" It'll be a night he never forgets!

7. Make him an invitation, requesting his presence at the local hospital you will be delivering at on your approximate due date (or a few days early). You will be celebrating the new addition to your family!

So, which ones do you like? I LOVE number 6! My Hubbie and I are total goofs! He'd get a kick out of that! :rofl: You could even use these to announce to your friends and family!

I love 2 and 5 for sure! We have 2 other kids already, and I already purchased a shirt for my son a while back that says "Big Brother"(he's currently the little brother). I bought it a little big, so I have some time, but lets hope I get to use that shirt soon!!! Plan is when I finally get my BFP I am going to have him wearing that when Daddy comes home :) And we will also bring him over to Grandpa and Grandma's wearing it! But I do like the idea of writing "I'm pregnant" on the steamed mirror... I may have to use that on Hubby and save the shirt for gma and gpa! Thanks for these!!

I may be out. Body had signs of ovulation but no temp change.. Devastated is putting it lightly. Nothing but tears since I read that this means my body tried to ovulate but for some reason couldn't. Explains the last several months.........

So while on a googling frenzy to find a sentimental way of telling Hubbie, I thought I would share with you ladies and see what you think!

1. Take him out to lunch OR cook a wonderful meal for dinner and casually say that you went to the doctor, and found out that you have TWO heartbeats. Isn't that weird? Then wait for the realization to settle in and excitement to take over!

2. While your hubby is in the shower, write "I'm Pregnant!" on the steamy mirror and wait quietly outside the door until he gets out. Once he reads it (hopefully he notices), he'll come looking for you and you'll be standing outside the door holding the positive pregnancy test as proof. Hooray!

3. While you're home waiting dutifully for your husband to come home, use a washable marker to write "Hi Daddy! Can't wait to meet you!" on your belly. When he comes home, mention to him that you have a weird mark on your stomach, and ask him to come look at it. He won't be able to keep the smile off of his face!

4. Write him a letter from Baby, making sure to address it to him and place the correct postage. Slip it in with the other mail items and watch as he sifts through the mail to find it. You can include things like "I'm all warm in Mommy's tummy, but soon I will be cuddled in your arms!"

5. If you have pets, make a neck sign for them to wear, saying "I'm going to be a big brother/sister!" Let them mosey around the house like normal until your hubby notices. I would even go so far as to try to catch it on camera!
OR if you just haven't found that fluffy-cute puppy yet, order a T-shirt online that says Mom-to-be or Mommy in Training and wear it around the house. You'll get a kick out of seeing how long it takes for him to notice!

6. Recreate the day he proposed to you. Take him out to a nice dinner, then follow up with a romantic play or movie. Go for a short walk (if the weather permits) or stop him beside the car. Take a knee and pull out a box with your positive pregnancy test in it. Open it slowly and ask him, "Will you be the father of our baby?" It'll be a night he never forgets!

7. Make him an invitation, requesting his presence at the local hospital you will be delivering at on your approximate due date (or a few days early). You will be celebrating the new addition to your family!

So, which ones do you like? I LOVE number 6! My Hubbie and I are total goofs! He'd get a kick out of that! :rofl: You could even use these to announce to your friends and family!

Thanks for posting them... so cute! I like number 7....
I was thinking about doing a scavenger hunt in the house with things that lead up to the positive test. :) Like hints to find things that dont give it away. lol :idea:

Slimbrit thats fab!

Im so frustrated again thought I had stopped bleeding then tonight tmi I get really dark, almost black on my pantyliner :(

I think so, af is never here for so long today is the 9th day :(

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday - I was walking around the drugstore, and suddenly it felt like a massive flood of AF had just made an appearance. I rushed over to an employee, asked her to unlock the bathroom, and when I checked it was just a huge amount of watery CM, with a bit of a pink tinge. I'm CD12, so I don't know what that was about. Seriously - my pants looked like I had peed myself! I was lucky that it was 9 degrees here, and I was wearing my long parka!!!!!

Anyone else had anything like this happen to them? My OPK's are all negative so far, so it can't be O... This is my first cycle on Soy Isoflavones, so maybe that has something to do with it.

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday - I was walking around the drugstore, and suddenly it felt like a massive flood of AF had just made an appearance. I rushed over to an employee, asked her to unlock the bathroom, and when I checked it was just a huge amount of watery CM, with a bit of a pink tinge. I'm CD12, so I don't know what that was about. Seriously - my pants looked like I had peed myself! I was lucky that it was 9 degrees here, and I was wearing my long parka!!!!!

Anyone else had anything like this happen to them? My OPK's are all negative so far, so it can't be O... This is my first cycle on Soy Isoflavones, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I know nothing about Isoflavones, hmmm. That sounds really strange! Maybe you're going to ovulate sooner than expected? It could be a warning, like 'Hey get ready! It's coming!' :haha: I had that feeling before, and it turned out that I was pregnant. :winkwink: You never know...

Slimbrit thats fab!

Im so frustrated again thought I had stopped bleeding then tonight tmi I get really dark, almost black on my pantyliner :(

Definitely sounds like old blood to me. I had a long, really weird period after my miscarriage, but never that dark. How has it been today?

Goodwinone: I'm so excited for the big O! 2 days left! Although I think I might have already ovulated. I had some egg-white CM on Tuesday (really strange) and I remember feeling especially poopy last night. Almost didn't :sex: with Hubbie, I felt so tired and knew a cold was coming on. I was right. :sick: Stuffy/runny nose and sinus pressure. Thought I was getting a sore throat but it seems to has disappeared. Sooo tired...hopefully Hubbie has enough energy for the both of us. I REFUSE to miss anymore days! :gun: How are you and your husband doing?

Its been very light again today sorry tmi but more brown when I wipe. 9 days and counting :( I knew I would have a problem this time round which is why I decided to come off bc sooner then originally planned! Xx

I know nothing about Isoflavones, hmmm. That sounds really strange! Maybe you're going to ovulate sooner than expected? It could be a warning, like 'Hey get ready! It's coming!' :haha: I had that feeling before, and it turned out that I was pregnant. :winkwink: You never know...

Slimbrit thats fab!

Definitely sounds like old blood to me. I had a long, really weird period after my miscarriage, but never that dark. How has it been today?

Goodwinone: I'm so excited for the big O! 2 days left! Although I think I might have already ovulated. I had some egg-white CM on Tuesday (really strange) and I remember feeling especially poopy last night. Almost didn't :sex: with Hubbie, I felt so tired and knew a cold was coming on. I was right. :sick: Stuffy/runny nose and sinus pressure. Thought I was getting a sore throat but it seems to has disappeared. Sooo tired...hopefully Hubbie has enough energy for the both of us. I REFUSE to miss anymore days! :gun: How are you and your husband doing?

Sounds like you have, or are OV.(hope you catch it) Maybe you have a sinus infection? I'm pretty sure i'm ovulating now. I have the pains... we will be :sex: tonight and tomorrow. I hope i can make it through the 2WW with out testing. I'm so bad at that and spend so much money...:test:

I may be out. Body had signs of ovulation but no temp change.. Devastated is putting it lightly. Nothing but tears since I read that this means my body tried to ovulate but for some reason couldn't. Explains the last several months.........

Have your tried the clear blue fertility monitor.? I know they are expensive, but if you buy it from Amazon you can return it when your done for a portion of the money back.

Slimbrit thats fab!

Sounds like you have, or are OV.(hope you catch it) Maybe you have a sinus infection? I'm pretty sure i'm ovulating now. I have the pains... we will be :sex: tonight and tomorrow. I hope i can make it through the 2WW with out testing. I'm so bad at that and spend so much money...:test:

Yeah, I'm -almost- 100% sure I ovulated on the 23rd. I guess we're not the same anymore. :cry: But we can still be buddies, right?

I've been feeling weird "stuff" in my tummy, but I'm not ready to call anything a symptom just yet. Definitely weird enough for me to notice it, but not enough for me to give it a name. I hope it's not a sinus infection! That sounds really bad! My nose is pretty stopped up and my head feels like there's air in it. I wasn't planning on going to the doctor for it, rather just wait it out, but if you think it'd be an infection I think I might have to suck it up and go on Monday. :sick:

Sooooooo, did you O?!?!?!!

Slimbrit thats fab!

Yeah, I'm -almost- 100% sure I ovulated on the 23rd. I guess we're not the same anymore. :cry: But we can still be buddies, right?

I've been feeling weird "stuff" in my tummy, but I'm not ready to call anything a symptom just yet. Definitely weird enough for me to notice it, but not enough for me to give it a name. I hope it's not a sinus infection! That sounds really bad! My nose is pretty stopped up and my head feels like there's air in it. I wasn't planning on going to the doctor for it, rather just wait it out, but if you think it'd be an infection I think I might have to suck it up and go on Monday. :sick:

We can be cycle buddies for sure! I'm sorry your :sick: I would go to the doc to make sure it clears up quick. I just got over a sinus infection.. they are not fun. When are you going to test?
I def O Thursday or Friday. I covered :sex: both days so i feel good.

I am on CD1!!!!!! So excited!!!!!! I cant wait to start trying! Never thought this day would get here!!! Its been a long road but I am finally back to ttc!!!!

Haven't been on in a while but i am cd12 atm we dtd yesterday and plan to do it every 2nd day till my +ve opk then we will dtd that day and the 2days after to cover all bases. Fx'd!
Babydust to everyone

Slimbrit thats fab!

We can be cycle buddies for sure! I'm sorry your :sick: I would go to the doc to make sure it clears up quick. I just got over a sinus infection.. they are not fun. When are you going to test?
I def O Thursday or Friday. I covered :sex: both days so i feel good.

Yay cycle buddies! I'm feeling better today, not so stuffy but definitely burning when I'm breathing through my nose. I am planning on testing on the 8th, but I have no idea if my cycle is actually going to be 29 days long. So it's tentative. I'm not going to worry myself about it since it'll only make the wait seem longer and I'll be even more disappointed if it's negative. Gotta keep up the positive mental attitude :)

I wanna post a pic of my ov test but wont let me from my phone? Wont let me go to pics :(

Having a right day today (see my other threads) lol. How is everyone?!

Todays ov test. Eeeeeeek its fetting darker :D

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q577/hulahoop2k/IMAG0166_zps145b454f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back