Positive test after two CP's. So nervous! Update - blood test results

Congrats and good luck with the second betas

My test came back very low at 6! She said that would be normal for how early I am, and I have a test first thing tomorrow morning to see if the numbers have doubled or not. I took another test of course, and I think it's darker than this morning, so praying it sticks and healthy!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4616.jpg
    IMG_4616.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 49
I just got my blood results in yesterday morning. It felt like it took forever. I had my phone on as loud as possible and when it started ringing (it was on the charger) I sprinted through the house and dived to answer it. :D My OB said my number was 429. That's quite a bit lower than it was with my DD at this point, but she said it was a good number. I go in tomorrow for another test to make sure that number has doubled. I'm super nervous and excited! :happydance: I can't wait to hear your results!! Fx for a sticky bean![/QUOTE]

Right?! Mine also seemed to take forever!!!! I could hardly wait any longer before she called. My results aren't as high as I hoped, but she said that it was normal for fetus 1-2 weeks. I only ovulated a week and 4 days ago, so no worries unless tomorrow's betas don't double! Praying they will for you as well!!!

I just got my blood results in yesterday morning. It felt like it took forever. I had my phone on as loud as possible and when it started ringing (it was on the charger) I sprinted through the house and dived to answer it. :D My OB said my number was 429. That's quite a bit lower than it was with my DD at this point, but she said it was a good number. I go in tomorrow for another test to make sure that number has doubled. I'm super nervous and excited! :happydance: I can't wait to hear your results!! Fx for a sticky bean!

Right?! Mine also seemed to take forever!!!! I could hardly wait any longer before she called. My results aren't as high as I hoped, but she said that it was normal for fetus 1-2 weeks. I only ovulated a week and 4 days ago, so no worries unless tomorrow's betas don't double! Praying they will for you as well!!![/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, you're still testing so so early! I am sure those betas will double for us both!! I am excited for you! Those frers look great!! Definetly getting darker. :happydance: Thank you for your prayers. They are indeed appreciated. :)

I just got my blood results in yesterday morning. It felt like it took forever. I had my phone on as loud as possible and when it started ringing (it was on the charger) I sprinted through the house and dived to answer it. :D My OB said my number was 429. That's quite a bit lower than it was with my DD at this point, but she said it was a good number. I go in tomorrow for another test to make sure that number has doubled. I'm super nervous and excited! :happydance: I can't wait to hear your results!! Fx for a sticky bean!

Right?! Mine also seemed to take forever!!!! I could hardly wait any longer before she called. My results aren't as high as I hoped, but she said that it was normal for fetus 1-2 weeks. I only ovulated a week and 4 days ago, so no worries unless tomorrow's betas don't double! Praying they will for you as well!!!

Oh yeah, you're still testing so so early! I am sure those betas will double for us both!! I am excited for you! Those frers look great!! Definetly getting darker. :happydance: Thank you for your prayers. They are indeed appreciated. :)[/QUOTE]

No problem! Please keep me updated with what you hear wth your second test!! I am excited for you girl! How far along would you be?

I will of course!!! I will be 18dpo tomorrow. :) I never actually got a cycle (my last was before my DD was conceived, in Nov. 2015) because I was EBing. My DH and I were able to, as they say, "catch the first egg." :D So I actually am not sure what they will put me at, but my guess is that they'll measure me around 4 weeks and 4 days or so. They might even do an early ultrasound!!

Okay, so today's blood work did NOT go as expected. You can check out the details in my pregnancy journal if you would like (it's a bit long) but I ended up with a hurting arm and no results until Monday. That is, unless they have to re-draw. :dohh: BUT the good news is that I should be getting an early ultrasound done next week! :happydance:

That sounds painful hun :hugs: Good luck for your results :)

Okay, so today's blood work did NOT go as expected. You can check out the details in my pregnancy journal if you would like (it's a bit long) but I ended up with a hurting arm and no results until Monday. That is, unless they have to re-draw. :dohh: BUT the good news is that I should be getting an early ultrasound done next week! :happydance:

Oh no!!! Mine went well. I do have a huge bruise on my arm from two blood tests in 2 days, but hey, at least I will hopefully know tomorrow! My Dr. said she would be around tomorrow to wait for my results and let me know as soon as she finds out!!! But yay on that early ultrasound!!!! Can't wait to hear your results!

Oh no!!! Mine went well. I do have a huge bruise on my arm from two blood tests in 2 days, but hey, at least I will hopefully know tomorrow! My Dr. said she would be around tomorrow to wait for my results and let me know as soon as she finds out!!! But yay on that early ultrasound!!!! Can't wait to hear your results!

Lol, yep!! I'll probably have some bruising too. Oh the joys of pregnancy! :D Really though, I'm super excited for you! And a little jealous that your Dr. was willing to give you the results tomorrow. :winkwink:

I can't wait to hear your results and yay for an early ultrasound :D

I can't wait to hear your results and yay for an early ultrasound :D

Yes! I am really looking forward to it. They just want to do it to see what I'm measuring at, since I haven't had a cycle since 2015. :haha:

Just got the call from my doctor! My levels went up a good amount! From 6-21! But my progesterone levels are a little on the low side, so I have to start taking a progrstrone pill! Anyone else had this before?

I've supplemented progesterone for all of my rainbow pregnancies because my progesterone levels, while normal, don't rise very much during early pregnancy. It's not bad. There are a few things to be aware of with the supplements though. The main side effects are fatigue and dizziness, and be warned that spotting is VERY common. It's more common to spot if you have the progesterone suppositories or pessiaries but it can happen when you take the oral form as well. I take the oral form (it's called prometrium) and my dosage has varied from 100mg 2x a day to 200mg 2x a day and I take it from bfp to 14-15 weeks. My main issue with it is I get extremely dizzy and tired about 30 minutes after I take it and this lasts for about an hour. I also spot but I have a clotting issue that we think causes the spotting more so than the supplements.

But I just read through this thread and I'm glad to see that your doctor is prescribing progesterone because recurrent chemicals can be a sign that your progesterone levels are a bit on the low side so I was going to suggest you ask for supplements anyway.

I've supplemented progesterone for all of my rainbow pregnancies because my progesterone levels, while normal, don't rise very much during early pregnancy. It's not bad. There are a few things to be aware of with the supplements though. The main side effects are fatigue and dizziness, and be warned that spotting is VERY common. It's more common to spot if you have the progesterone suppositories or pessiaries but it can happen when you take the oral form as well. I take the oral form (it's called prometrium) and my dosage has varied from 100mg 2x a day to 200mg 2x a day and I take it from bfp to 14-15 weeks. My main issue with it is I get extremely dizzy and tired about 30 minutes after I take it and this lasts for about an hour. I also spot but I have a clotting issue that we think causes the spotting more so than the supplements.

But I just read through this thread and I'm glad to see that your doctor is prescribing progesterone because recurrent chemicals can be a sign that your progesterone levels are a bit on the low side so I was going to suggest you ask for supplements anyway.

Thank you so much! I am so happy to know that healthy pregnancies come from progesterone supplements! I am pretty sure that's my issue since I have had 2 chemicals. Let's pray the progesterone works

Just got the call from my doctor! My levels went up a good amount! From 6-21! But my progesterone levels are a little on the low side, so I have to start taking a progrstrone pill! Anyone else had this before?

Hooray!!!! :happydance: I am so happy to hear things are increasing! I was dangerously low with my rainbow baby too (my DD) and had to supplement progesterone as well. I used a lotion though, because the pills made me sick. I hope everything works out great and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :hugs:

Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind me joining but it feels like a few of us are going through a similar early waiting stage!

Mer12345 I've also had 2 CPs - the latest in April this year. We'd put a pause on trying for a bit and then on August 4th (which also happens to be my birthday) my gut was telling me something was up so I took a test when I got home from work and there was the line!

On August 8th I went for blood test and beta came back at 86. Second test was on Friday 11th and I'm still anxiously awaiting the results. I went first thing in the morning in the hope that I might get the results before the weekend but no luck. It's such a long wait! Crossing fingers to see that number going up.

Sounds like your levels are doing what they should be which is awesome! Are you getting another beta test done soon?

MrsB sounds like we're both stuck in the waiting until Monday club for results and a similar DPO - I think I'm about 18/19 DPO today. Good luck and great news on the early ultrasound!

Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind me joining but it feels like a few of us are going through a similar early waiting stage!

Mer12345 I've also had 2 CPs - the latest in April this year. We'd put a pause on trying for a bit and then on August 4th (which also happens to be my birthday) my gut was telling me something was up so I took a test when I got home from work and there was the line!

On August 8th I went for blood test and beta came back at 86. Second test was on Friday 11th and I'm still anxiously awaiting the results. I went first thing in the morning in the hope that I might get the results before the weekend but no luck. It's such a long wait! Crossing fingers to see that number going up.

Sounds like your levels are doing what they should be which is awesome! Are you getting another beta test done soon?

MrsB sounds like we're both stuck in the waiting until Monday club for results and a similar DPO - I think I'm about 18/19 DPO today. Good luck and great news on the early ultrasound!

Welcome! :D Yes!!! We are stuck in the same wait. I am 19dpo today. My DH has been dragging me all over town today to help it go faster, and thankfully it's really helping! Fx those levels go up for both of us!!! In all honesty, I might have bought a few more cheapie tests just to make sure the line was staying nice and dark. :blush: It helps to give me peace of mind at least, in this waiting period. Oh, and what a wonderful birthday surprise!!! :happydance:

Hooray!!!! :happydance: I am so happy to hear things are increasing! I was dangerously low with my rainbow baby too (my DD) and had to supplement progesterone as well. I used a lotion though, because the pills made me sick. I hope everything works out great and wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :hugs:

I am so happy my levels more than doubled since they were so low in the first place! I was either 10 or 11 DPO when I tested the second time, so I think my levels were normal! Hopefully once I can get back and start taking my progresterone supplements it will help stick!!! I keep going to the rest room praying I'm not bleeding! I cramped a lot with my CP last month, and I haven't had any cramping this time thank goodness! I am sore like I've been working out my stomach though! Hope that's not a bad sign.

I love hearing that others have been on progesterone! I was a little worried about that since this will be my first viable (Fingers crossed) pregnancy and I am not sure how all of that works. You are still waiting on your second results?! I know they are going to be great!!!!! Good luck, and thanks! Wishing you a super happy and healthy 9 months too!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->