Positive test after two CP's. So nervous! Update - blood test results

Hi ladies

Hope you don't mind me joining but it feels like a few of us are going through a similar early waiting stage!

Mer12345 I've also had 2 CPs - the latest in April this year. We'd put a pause on trying for a bit and then on August 4th (which also happens to be my birthday) my gut was telling me something was up so I took a test when I got home from work and there was the line!

On August 8th I went for blood test and beta came back at 86. Second test was on Friday 11th and I'm still anxiously awaiting the results. I went first thing in the morning in the hope that I might get the results before the weekend but no luck. It's such a long wait! Crossing fingers to see that number going up.

Sounds like your levels are doing what they should be which is awesome! Are you getting another beta test done soon?

MrsB sounds like we're both stuck in the waiting until Monday club for results and a similar DPO - I think I'm about 18/19 DPO today. Good luck and great news on the early ultrasound!

I cannot wait to hear your results from your second beta! Girl I know, that wait is terrible!!! I am at the lake this weekend with hardly no service, so she left me a message that the levels went up. I wasn't actually able to talk to her, so I am not sure when (if even) I go back in for a third beta! I am sure I will since my progesterone levels are on the lower in! She said they were still in normal range, just on the lower side. So hopefully this supplement will help! I was only 10-11 DPO for my second test. Have you been on progesterone with the two chemicals?

Okay ladies, I just got my results.....my blood results from Friday show that my beta increased from 429 to 1381. :happydance: I'd say that's pretty good!!! I am so relieved!

Okay ladies, I just got my results.....my blood results from Friday show that my beta increased from 429 to 1381. :happydance: I'd say that's pretty good!!! I am so relieved!

Wow MrsB that's awesome :happydance: Very happy for you! I'm still waiting on mine - they do say up to 2 days (not counting Saturday and Sunday). I'm making a note to myself to never go for a test on a Friday again. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

:wohoo:

Wow MrsB that's awesome :happydance: Very happy for you! I'm still waiting on mine - they do say up to 2 days (not counting Saturday and Sunday). I'm making a note to myself to never go for a test on a Friday again. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

I am in agreement of that note!! :dohh: I can't wait to hear your results!!!

yay! Such great news! So happy for you :)

I've supplemented progesterone for all of my rainbow pregnancies because my progesterone levels, while normal, don't rise very much during early pregnancy. It's not bad. There are a few things to be aware of with the supplements though. The main side effects are fatigue and dizziness, and be warned that spotting is VERY common. It's more common to spot if you have the progesterone suppositories or pessiaries but it can happen when you take the oral form as well. I take the oral form (it's called prometrium) and my dosage has varied from 100mg 2x a day to 200mg 2x a day and I take it from bfp to 14-15 weeks. My main issue with it is I get extremely dizzy and tired about 30 minutes after I take it and this lasts for about an hour. I also spot but I have a clotting issue that we think causes the spotting more so than the supplements.

But I just read through this thread and I'm glad to see that your doctor is prescribing progesterone because recurrent chemicals can be a sign that your progesterone levels are a bit on the low side so I was going to suggest you ask for supplements anyway.

So, I started my prometrium last night! I feel totally fine today, no cramping or anything. I have noticed the slightest of pink discharge when I wipe. Not enough to hardly see it, but I am looking for anything at this point since i'm so nervous about miscarrying! I hope it's just from the prometrium and not a CP. However, with my last CP, there was bright red blood, and a lot of it to start. Nothing light at all! I go in tomorrow for another blood test, but last night I got my first ever "pregnant" digital! and the most positive HPT. I am so excited, but so nervous for my test tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_4625.jpg
    IMG_4625.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 37
Mer12345 I think we're all guilty of studying these things to a minute detail - from everything I understand the slightest of pink discharge is nothing to worry about. Hopefully tomorrows test result will set your mind at ease!

In answer to your earlier question (that I missed yesterday sorry!) I've never been given progesterone but it's something I've had in the back of mind to ask about if I had any further CPs.

I finally got my second beta back today - it went from 86 to 290 in less than 3 days so I'm feeling really happy :happydance:. No more tests planned for me now so I just have to sit and around wait...which feels really weird! I spent the first few days obsessing over pregnancy tests getting darker, then the next few obsessing over the blood test results and now I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. Oh and keep an eye on all you ladies' results ;)

My mindset is definitely starting to shift away from 'waiting for something bad to happen' to 'relax, enjoy it and if something bad does happen then deal with it'. Happy vibes to all!

Mer12345 I think we're all guilty of studying these things to a minute detail - from everything I understand the slightest of pink discharge is nothing to worry about. Hopefully tomorrows test result will set your mind at ease!

In answer to your earlier question (that I missed yesterday sorry!) I've never been given progesterone but it's something I've had in the back of mind to ask about if I had any further CPs.

I finally got my second beta back today - it went from 86 to 290 in less than 3 days so I'm feeling really happy :happydance:. No more tests planned for me now so I just have to sit and around wait...which feels really weird! I spent the first few days obsessing over pregnancy tests getting darker, then the next few obsessing over the blood test results and now I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. Oh and keep an eye on all you ladies' results ;)

My mindset is definitely starting to shift away from 'waiting for something bad to happen' to 'relax, enjoy it and if something bad does happen then deal with it'. Happy vibes to all!

That sounds like a wonderful plan and I am so happy for you!!!! I really hope after these blood results, I will be able to relax as well! I was thinking I was going to wake up to blood, but so relieved and thankful when I didn't! I will be much more relaxed (hopefully) after hearing the results from todays tests and they already scheduled me one on Thursday.
Oh yes, I totally get the obsessing over tests getting darker! I took another one last night and it was just as dark - if not darker - as the control line which made me hopeful! I am going to take another today probably...just to make sure it's not getting lighter! I was very happy when I took a digital Sunday night and it was positive :) That was the first time I have ever gotten a positive digital! This time during my last CP, my lines were there, but not even half as dark as they are now :)

That sounds like a wonderful plan and I am so happy for you!!!! I really hope after these blood results, I will be able to relax as well! I was thinking I was going to wake up to blood, but so relieved and thankful when I didn't! I will be much more relaxed (hopefully) after hearing the results from todays tests and they already scheduled me one on Thursday.
Oh yes, I totally get the obsessing over tests getting darker! I took another one last night and it was just as dark - if not darker - as the control line which made me hopeful! I am going to take another today probably...just to make sure it's not getting lighter! I was very happy when I took a digital Sunday night and it was positive :) That was the first time I have ever gotten a positive digital! This time during my last CP, my lines were there, but not even half as dark as they are now :)

I took a cheeky HPT whilst waiting for the second lot of blood results to come back and was very relieved when it came up with a good dark line. Both my CPs the lines never got very dark and I could tell something was going to go wrong when they started getting fainter. It's obviously not a perfect measure but when you've got nothing else to go by and are impatient at least it's something.

Looking forward to hearing the good news when you get your results back :)

Just got the call! She said my numbers look great. She is still going to test me every 2 days until they get to the point where we can get an ultra sound! She said by the looks of it, I should be able to get one next week or the week after! I am so happy right now, and kind of can't believe it! I still haven't told my husband...I felt kind of silly the last time I thought I was and ending up just being a CP. I am debating on telling him tonight, or friday after I get my next results! I am leaning more towards Friday evening! I am so happy and hope that I make it to the ultra sound :)

I'm so glad to hear that your numbers are looking great :D :happydance:

Just got the call! She said my numbers look great. She is still going to test me every 2 days until they get to the point where we can get an ultra sound! She said by the looks of it, I should be able to get one next week or the week after! I am so happy right now, and kind of can't believe it! I still haven't told my husband...I felt kind of silly the last time I thought I was and ending up just being a CP. I am debating on telling him tonight, or friday after I get my next results! I am leaning more towards Friday evening! I am so happy and hope that I make it to the ultra sound :)

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you :happydance: :hugs:

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you :happydance: :hugs:

Thank you so much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->