Positive with a TWIST, one for the experts! UPDATE- Hubby is preggers!!!

Following. I've definitely not heard good things about the new FRER. I would definitely make a trip to the doctor and keep testing [with something other than FRER] until then! Good luck!

So sorry for your loss.

I also doubt that the HCG would still be in your system now.

The bottom test looks very positive to me. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that you get a lovely line in the morning. GOOD LUCK!!! :luck: :dust:

the bottom test looks very positive, good luck can't wait to hear the outcome its vert fascinating

Yeah get a blood test for HGC through your Dr. No more tests! lol.
Best of luck, judging by the bottom more recent FRER i would say you are pregnant and your dates are just out of whack. Buuuuttt no one here can tell you, only a blood test can.

Eek, what a rollercoaster! I had a loss 6 weeks ago at 21w3d.. I tested after about 4 weeks and was definitely bfn for any hcg left over.

I can see the lines on your frers.. fx!

Hopefully the doctor can give you some answers

Update from today's Dr visit-

So, things pretty much went as expected, with only one little hiccup...
Gave my urine sample, but being that I just KNEW theirs would be negative, I brought a frer (yeah, I know, but I wanted them to see what I've been seeing, even if the new FRERs do suck!) and used the frer in the same sample I gave them... Got a faint + on the frer again within 60 seconds...not any darker than any of the past tests though (2 hour hold)

They bring me to a back office, not an exam room, but an office (thought that was weird, but whatever)
The lady/nurse said my test was positive!! That threw me for a huge loop, and I asked her if she was sure, as I didn't think that would happen!

She says, hold on, I'll go double check... (I waited about 4-5 mins for her to return)
She tells me, well, I guess they mixed up the tests, and so I did another on your urine, and it was negative... I was kinda suprised they kept my sample for basically half an hour by then and had it still to retest, but again, whatever, since I expected that anyways.

That's when I took out the frer and showed her, told her it was from the same sample, so something is up and I need to know what it is.

She said it was light, but could see it..then she questioned how old it was and when the positive showed up. I told her it was about 30 mins old, but the positive showed up within 60 seconds, just like the last 6 I have taken...I even offered to show her the pics of the past tests, haha!!

They were kind enough to listen and not make me feel crazy, and that was so nice! They ordered bloods, QUANTITIVE and qualitive!! AND progesterone too!! They seem to be much more willing to help me figure this all out.

Honestly, I DONT think I'm preg right now, I mean...I could be, but it shouldn't show for a couple more days at the least if I go by ovulating the 4th of this month...wouldn't even be implanted yet, so there has to be another cause for hcg.

Crappy FRERs??? I've gotten light positives that never change/darken for several months on them, barring about 3 of them from last month, I've gotten at least 25 positives on them in the last 4 months...that's ALOT of false positives and I just assumed I was getting chemicals each month..stupid me for not believing the negatives on other brands! (But to be fair, I did get some positives on other brands too, depending on how long my hold was, how concentrated the urine was)

So, went and got my blood drawn today, and go back Monday. I might get results from today's test on Monday, and the repeat test should come back Wednesday...and my period is due Thursday! Wondering if the bloods are even worth me worrying over, but doing SOMETHING is making me feel better, rather than just sitting and testing over and over for nothing.

Eek, what a rollercoaster! I had a loss 6 weeks ago at 21w3d.. I tested after about 4 weeks and was definitely bfn for any hcg left over.

I can see the lines on your frers.. fx!

Oh gosh Mummabear, I'm so so sorry for your loss!! I too have lost a baby at 20 weeks...it's beyond heartbreaking and we never forget our little baby. :( I truly understand how you feel.

Thanks for sharing your experience as it gives me some validation for my concerns. I never really stopped testing positive from my 14 week loss..and docs kept telling me it was normal!!
I just always trusted FRERs to give me the real answer every time, but it seems they have been wrong!!

I very well may be freaking out over nothing, all due to that dang brand!! I don't even trust ANY of them now, since others have given me pos and neg all along too...but mostly neg, while frer has been the one being + 98% of the time!

Oh my gosh. What a whirlwind!! Can't wait to hear the results of your blood tests. I'm glad they didn't make you feel crazy when you were there, it's always a worry haha. Good luck!!!

So sorry for your loss.
What an awful time you have had with the frers and then the mix up at the Drs. Xx

Update to the frer saga-

Being the inquisitive poas'er, and not one to let opportunity pass by...

I convinced hubby to pee on a frer, and I did too, from the same 3 pack....

According to frer, hubby is pregnant!!!

Forgive my not having a pic...it's sooo faint, but with a touch of color that came in the time frame...but I couldn't get it on camera :( gonna try in a bit though anyways.

Mine was a tad darker than his, but fainter than any of the rest I've taken, even with a good hold and dark urine.

So I'm pretty convinced at this point that the new FRERs are giving false positives! How shady is this company??? It's the new style with the curved handle, if I haven't said that already.

On the up side, I can now tease my hubby unmercilessly about his pregnancy! (Gotta try to keep a good attitude through it all, right?)

Sorry to hear they were false positives.. that's terrible!!! Now what brand do we trust?!

Lol I'm sorry. Glad you are having a good laugh over it though. Even though frer sucks now you aren't out yet

What else can I do but laugh, right? ;)

I wish I knew what brand is best now... I will say, OSOM is a VERY sensitive test, but pricey, and I've only found it online for purchase.

I kinda think I am out for the month though..my Luteal phase has been getting shorter this past year.
I've gone from 13 days, to 11 and now down to 9 on average. Cycle length is staying the same, but going by opks and all other symptoms, is definately down to 9 days, pretty short all in all.
And I'm the type that, my for sure my period is coming symptom is sore breasts. When I'm preg, even super early, the slight tenderness vanishes totally. I've got full on painful PMS boobs right now, and only 4 days till my period is due. So...just not hopeful right now in any way.

I am older too, 39 next month, lots of stuff really not in my favor at this point.

I'm still happy that I'm getting bloods done though. And I might try a few natural remedies to help my LP for a month or two. After that, I think I'll just have to stop. Might be the universe has decided I've had enough children and it's time to move on to the next phase of life.

I wish I knew what brand is best now... I will say, OSOM is a VERY sensitive test, but pricey, and I've only found it online for purchase.

I kinda think I am out for the month though..my Luteal phase has been getting shorter this past year.
I've gone from 13 days, to 11 and now down to 9 on average. Cycle length is staying the same, but going by opks and all other symptoms, is definately down to 9 days, pretty short all in all.
And I'm the type that, my for sure my period is coming symptom is sore breasts. When I'm preg, even super early, the slight tenderness vanishes totally. I've got full on painful PMS boobs right now, and only 4 days till my period is due. So...just not hopeful right now in any way.

I am older too, 39 next month, lots of stuff really not in my favor at this point.

I'm still happy that I'm getting bloods done though. And I might try a few natural remedies to help my LP for a month or two. After that, I think I'll just have to stop. Might be the universe has decided I've had enough children and it's time to move on to the next phase of life.

I love your attitude:hugs: i hope for your sake you get a lovely bright bfp.

as for the frer test i made hubby test too and he too is pregnant:haha: i keep teasing him asking how the baby is hahaha. we still have the older style frers but same crap faint lines:dohh:

Have you looked into taking Vitex? I helped me conceive 3 of 4 of my children. I had a short LP and an erratic period for a long time. It put my period and LP in check. good luck!

Not trying to make you worry but men can get a positive on a pregnancy test if they have testicular cancer....hopefully just faulty tests but maybe he should get checked to be on the safe side if you do end up pregnant this cycle.

Got a call from the docs office today.

As suspected, every single frer was a FALSE POSITIVE!!!

Got a negative qualitive on bloods and under 1 on quantitive. So, totally negative.

But, my progesterone was at 10.2, so that means I did likely ovulate, right???

From my opks, the blood was drawn at 4 days past ovulation, 5 days past IF I ovulated the same day as the positive opk.

Cheapie IC was totally blank this am, and naturally the Walmart brand that is the pee on a stick kind (can't recall the name) had a faint blue + in the time frame... If there was a contest for getting false positives, or confusing test results, I'd be a pro!! Lol!

Well...I guess now it's just hurry up and wait for the red tide to show her ugly face....about 3 days from today. I did still go in earlier today for the repeat hcg test...not knowing the results of the last test.

Anyone know if a 10.2 on progesterone a few days past O is a good/normal reading?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->