Possible vanishing twin

Ladyssotek

Reaction score
At my 6 week ultrasound it revealed one baby. Baby measured perfect with a strong heartbeat. Today was my 8 week ultrasound and baby looked great! Even saw baby wave :) then the dr said uh oh and found a second baby. Baby B is an identical twin, but is measuring at least two weeks behind. Baby b heart rate is not as strong either. Dr is predicting baby b will pass soon and absorb into the tissue. I’m scheduled for an ultrasound in two more weeks to check on progress.

Has anyone experienced this? I’m scared and torn. I learned I’m pregnant with twins but the second most likely won’t make it. I’m happy to have a heathy baby in there, but sad about the news.

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that :( I do not know anything about that but wish you the best.

What overwhelming news
A few years ago I went through something similar. Sadly for us we did not have a happy ending. Our 9 week ultrasound showed them measuring a week apart and when we went in for our follow up shy of 2 weeks later Baby A hadn't grown at all and didn't have a heartbeat.

I think it's good that you've seen a heartbeat. Having experienced being torn emotionally like that I pray that you are met with good news at your next ultrasound. :hugs:

Baby A has measured great for both week 6 & 8 which is good :) just completely overwhelmed about the discovery of baby B. Baby B has a heartbeat but it’s not strong, and it’s more than half the size of baby A :/

Started having severe back pain and cramps last night that continued today. Dr had me come in for an ultrasound. Baby b has completely passed away and absorbed into the tissue. Baby a is healthy and very active! Measuring almost a whole cm bigger than on Tuesday. It took the ultrasound technician a few times to get the heartbeat because baby kept wiggling around lol.

I’m sad because I barely knew about baby b, but I’m happy that baby a is healthy. Very surreal.

It's not an easy thing to hold life and death. :hugs:

Huge hugs.

I found out yesterday that my pregnancy was twins but one didn’t grow pass 6 weeks and had most likely been absorbed by the healthy baby. Feel a bit sad and shocked but happy to have one healthy baby in there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->