Pregnancy - April 2012

Hi all,

Missangie - thats fantastic!! how exciting for you!! Im really hoping that I get to hear ours over the next few days (staying with my GP mum who is going to bring back the doppler - FX). Im glad to hear that the MS has improved slightly :) Sorry about the constipation, i found dried fruit good for mine- lots of dried apricots and mango.

DFJ - so sorry to hear you are feeling rough :hugs: FX the doc can help you a bit.

Purpleish - Argh the bloat!! bless your OH for keeping you uplifted though! I hope it continues to go down and you can start to feel better :) mine is just terrible by the end of the day!

AFM - well according to the scales I have only put on 1.5lb since I got my bfp, however I am getting a fair belly (bump or bloat i dont really know!), I think its just podge though cant wait until its a proper bump. I think I am going to have to go shopping for some mat jeans soon though as mine are uncomfy, even with a band between the button is it really really too soon?? Im feeling much less sick now, only when im hungry so thats good also still got really sore bbs but im happy to have some symptoms - must not panic that they are fading!!

Glad to hear everyone and is doing well and that your appointment went well missangie.

I am doing better. The doctor gave me a prescription for Zofran. It doesn't make the nausea go away completely but it makes it better and has stopped toe vomiting. I really hope the MS ends with the first trimester!

CertainTurton - I ended up buying mat jeans this weekend. The last pair that was working for me was just so uncomfortable on Sat I gave up. the band is still working for my work pants at this point though.

Hi I'm 10wks pregnant with my 1st child :) I'm 20 and I found out on sept 3rd by surprise that I am pregnant and due on april 5th...lol boy what a surprise but my SO is elated!!! I have yet to go to the doctor because my medicaid hasn't been approved yet and I feel horrible :( like a bad mother but hopefully I'll be seen before my 1st trimester is up!! But luckly I think everything is going well I don't have morning sickness yt (knock on wood) but I am a little gassy at times...lol. Well I look forward to sharing and experiencing this journey with all of you!!
***Congrats on all the bfp and wishing you all the best!!!***

bbaines09 - congratulations! I wouldn't worry too much about not seeing the doctor yet. Some practices in my area don't even take women until 12 weeks.

My MS has gotten better. Zofran is a god send but I only need to take it once in a while now which is great. Definitely think I am starting to look pregnant - my belly is round.

How is everyone doing?

Hello, Im Leanne and I'm pregnant for the 3rd time!!! I am so nervous as i have 16month old twins and I'm terifed it will be twins again!! We was not TTC i came of the pill as adviced to have the implant fitted and got pregnant! I only to the test because i was going having the implant that day and they need to know your not pregnant before hand and are advised to take a test. A shock to say the least considering with my first it took 13 months to conceive and 15 months with my second as i have PCOS. I would like to add we where being "careful". I have told a couple of my friends and got a mixed responce! One of my "friends" said if i was you i would get rid!!! I can not do that as it's not the embryos fault! We will love and care for this baby(s) no matter what. I am just scared and have noone to talk to! I have a scan on 20th September! xxxx

Congratulations Leanne and welcome! I am sorry some of your friends are not being supportive. When is your due date?

:hi: bblaines09 - welcome! what a lovely surprise for you :) dont worry about the docs, they dont really do anything its more the midwife and im sure it will all be fine :) just make sure you take your vitamins etc :)

Welcome Leanne :hi: and a big congratulations! Like DJF says im sorry some of your friends are being horrid, they dont have any right to say that! I wouldnt worry to much about the twins just yet, it may not happen (more likely it wont to be honest) and im sure you scan will reassure you. Do you know far along you are?

DJF- so pleased to hear the sickness is fading - mine is almost totally gone now :) also yey for limeness!!! cant believe it! when is your scan? I have to wait a whole more 2 weeks :( although we did hear the heartbeat yesterday which was such a joy!

welcome leanne! Must be meant to be, that baby really wanted to be yours :)

CertainTurton - I told my husband yesterday that the baby is now the size of a lime and he was like a lime or a limabean .. LOL! When I confirmed it was a lime he was very surprised by how big the baby was. Glad you got to hear the heartbeat yesterday! My next scan is Wed the 21st. One more week - can't wait!

Hi how are you all??

We found the hb yesterday on our doppler!! so happy!! good and strong, im so pleased DH could hear it too this time. Ive recorded it on my phone now so i can hear it whenever...hehe. Were off to my uncles wedding tomorrow so will take the doppler and hopefully show my sister too.
Me and my boss had the Mat leave chat this morn (not offical with HR yet) as she has to apply for some more funding and advertise my job. we will need to over lap for at least 2 weeks so i can train them...madness.

CertainTurton - That's exciting!!! Good idea to record the heartbeat on your phone.

I am planning on telling my employers and my co-workers next week. I am nervous about it for some reason. They will be happy for me and congratulate me. My workplace is pretty family friendly and they always throw baby showers for male or female employees that are expecting so I don't know why I am nervous about it.

How long do you get maternity leave for in the UK?

We only get 3 months in the US. I am originally from Canada and you get 1 year paid leave there. Sometimes I wish I was living there now to get a longer leave :)

Well Ladies I have to say goodbye. No heartbeat was found at my 12 week scan today. Please take me off the list. Good luck to all the rest of you I hope no one else has to go through this and you all have a happy and healthy journey to holding your little ones.
~~~TINA~~~

oh Tina... :-( I am SO very sad for you and so so sorry for your loss and that you are having to go through this.

Well Ladies I have to say goodbye. No heartbeat was found at my 12 week scan today. Please take me off the list. Good luck to all the rest of you I hope no one else has to go through this and you all have a happy and healthy journey to holding your little ones.
~~~TINA~~~

Tina,
I'm so very sorry for your loss *hugs tight*. Take care of yourself and hang in there....
Purple
xxxx

Hey Folks,

Welcome Leanne! We're here for you - feel free to vent, share and type/talk whatever you want to :) I havent told anyone yet,.... so have yet to hear the comments although I'm sure the "you're rather old"... may come up lol.... I still cant believe that everyone over 35 is considered "high risk" now!

Hi bbaines - welcome, as DJF said - just make sure that you can get some pre-natal vitamines from the pharmacy and you should be fine :) were you able to make youre appt yet?

CT - hows things been going? well I hope :) aren't dopplers great? mine's still hit and miss, but *shrugs* I try not to get tooo stressed! Know what you mean about the mat leave and training another - the last time I went on mat leave for 6 months, my boss told me I had to find the replacement and train them prior to my leave... but they only had 2 days lap over - was INSANE!.....

Well, my 12 week/nuchal scan is on wed - very very nervous... will see how it goes, DH cant be there, so little more nervous!.
I still havent told my boss either, going to wait until after the 20 week scan... they wont be too happy, I work for a US company, but am a canadian hire... so I am entitled to the 12 months off.... (whereas they only get 4-6 weeks paid and then 3 months if you stretch it etc....)... I'm only planning on taking 9 months - but even so!..... :) may talk to my HR rep before hand... just in case :)

Hope you're all doing well.... *hugs*... anyone else wearing maternity gear? as I havent told anyone, i'm going for the huge baggy look!

P
x

~~~TINA~~~

Tina - So sorry to hear about your loss hon :(

Purpleish - My NT scan is on Wed too!! I am really looking forward to it :) Let us know how everything goes! I am definitely jealous of your 1 year maternity leave - I am also Canadian but work in the US and only get 3 months. Luckily they should all be paid (draining out my sick and vacation time!). All of my friends back home get 1 year so I am jealous of them too .. LOL!

So ? How did ur scan go? Everyone has gone quiet!
Mine wasn't was good as I wanted it to be and they said they would want to wait for more test results before saying everything is fine, c
Which won't be until at least 16 wks!
P
X

Hi purple- gosh that's a bit scary, dd they say why? Really hope all is well for you!! How you feeling? Sorry I've been a bit quiet not much has been happening- just counting the hrs until my scan on mon!!

How were the other scans??

Tina- so sorry :hugs:

purpleish, sorry to hear that. Did they say why? nothing new here, my appt isnt until oct 15 and I dont think ill have ultrasound then. Would love one though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->