Pregnancy - April 2012

missangie - that's awesome about all the stuff you have been given. I haven't been given any hand me downs yet. One of my friends gave me what little she had for maternity clothes but most of them don't work for me. I have gotten a few gifts but not much else yet :)

babyv_s2012 - it's definitely hard waiting to find out but it will be here before you know it!!

My scan is today and I thought it would never come :)

Ah thats fab! Hope the scan goes well!!
I'm counting down the days now- wish i could just put it to the back of my mind...need something to occupy my mind as right now its full to capacity with baby!! lol

DJF, I am DYING to know how your scan went and whether youre having a boy or girl! Hurry up ;-)

Missagnie - Sorry for not checking in sooner. We were exhausted when we got home - were there for 3 hours then had dinner with my inlaws.

We are having a healthy prefect little girl!!!! I will upload scans so. She is so cute :) She had both her habds and her feet up by her face ... lol.

I am so excited!!

aww! Congrats on your little girl! I cant wait to see pictures. Isnt that ultrasound appointment just the best? I wish I could re-live it all again :)

Ah congrats on team pink!!! Great news!
I'm 18 weeks today and have felt baby all morning its such a lovely feeling when im sat at my desk at work with a party going on in my uterus :)

Hi Everyone,
Do you mind if I re-join the group?
Had the amnio, all clear, had 2 abnormality scans (first showed an issue, 2nd gave me the all clear)... so would really like to start enjoying this pregnancy and what better than to share with you all....

How have you all been doing? Missed catching up!

Purple
x

purpleish I have been watching your other thread about everything going on and praying youd get the all clear! SO glad to have you back and very happy you can start to enjoy your pregnancy

Purpleish - welcome back!!! So glad the second scan went well. I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy now.

The last 4 days have been so busy. We host Thanksgiving dinner, so Wed I was going to the grocery store and prepping and Thursday we cooked a turkey dinner for 16 people. Friday I had my regular OB appointment - wait an hour for her to see me for 5 minutes :) Then yesterday we went and bought our nursery furniture and registered at Babies R Us. We picked out a room color and I can't wait for the furniture to come so I can set everything up.

baby_vs2012 - I love feeling the baby move. It is really exciting!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

DJF, good for you for cooking Thanksgiving dinner for that many people. I dont think I will ever have the guts to do that! So much work :)

How long did it take you to register? I really want to go next weekend but I remember how overwhelmed I was registering for our wedding a few years ago and how long it took!

DJF, good for you for cooking Thanksgiving dinner for that many people. I dont think I will ever have the guts to do that! So much work :)

How long did it take you to register? I really want to go next weekend but I remember how overwhelmed I was registering for our wedding a few years ago and how long it took!

It took quite a while and we were both hungry and tired by then end but we squeezed a lot into one day. We went to a specialty store that was recommended in the book Baby Bargains for the furniture. We were there for 2.5 hours - it took us a while to make a decision. Then we went to Babie's R Us and we were there for probably 2-2.5 hours. If we hadn't done both in one day it probably would have been a bit easier time wise. Babies R Us will give you a check list to help you figure out what you need. I also had read the book Baby Bargains so I had an idea of what brands I wanted for each item and also which items on their list we didn't really need. I also ended up working on the registry online for a couple hours when I got home. There mechanism for deleting items in store didn't work so I had to go back and take some items off. I also found some other items that were available online that I did not see in the store. Reading the book helped me feel a little less overwhelmed because I had some idea of what I wanted but the were moments that were still overwhelming. Particularly when we were in the breast pump supplies isle :) Also there were some items on the Babies R Us list that I had no idea what they were or what you would use them for.

Hi All,

DJF - congrats on the girl :) we should have a list of who's pink and who's blue (and who's yellow at this point: )....

Everytime I have a scan, the state I'm due in March... but hoping I can still stay in this thread - I'll just deliver early!...

Had a bit of a scare... my toddler kicked me in the bump - ended up in hospital on a monitor - everything ok - but boy.... the baby did not like being hooked up lol.... she was kicking me left right and center!

Hope everyone is ok - I'm really getting ready for christmas (3 people coming to stay) so its going to be a busy household!

P
x

Hi Purpleish!

My last scan also put me due at the end of March but they didn't change my due date. So it's possible that I could have her in March too :)

That sounds like a bit quite the scare - glad to hear everything is ok!

We are also getting ready for Christmas. No house guests this year but we like to get in the swing of things right after Thanksgiving. We have our tree and decorations up and will probably do some shopping this weekend.

I added a list with the team colors to the first post. Please let me know if I forgot anyone. For those ladies who have not had their scans yet I will add your team color when you get them :)

crazy that Im the only one with a boy so far considering most of the april due date threads Im in are mostly boys and just a few girls!

I cant believe its almost December and Christmas is just weeks away! So much to do before then!

purple, Im glad everything is okay!!!

Thanks Miss A, me too...

23 weeks already - where has the time gone - although seems like an eternity until 40 weeks lol....

Actually bought a little pink item yesterday - and worrying if it was too soon?... has anyone else started buying the odd thing?

P
x

I bought a few little things at the beginning of my pregnancy :) A giraffe rocker, a book, and a stuff animal. I haven't bought anything since finding out but only because I know our family and friends will be buying us gifts and I don't want to end up with too many clothes that she will grow out of before having a chance to wear them. However, I am sure if I see something I must have I will probably get it! My husband bought her a little giraffe beeny baby after we found out :)

Thanks Miss A, me too...

23 weeks already - where has the time gone - although seems like an eternity until 40 weeks lol....

Actually bought a little pink item yesterday - and worrying if it was too soon?... has anyone else started buying the odd thing?

P
x

I know, Im 22 weeks (and 1 day!) and cant believe it but at the same time, 40 does seem forever away! :)

I havent bought anything however like I said before we have been given SO much stuff and Parker's room is starting to be put together. Got the crib up, dresser/changing table in place and the closet is empty of our old office stuff. i also washed and folded all of the clothes he has been given (so so many lots of 6-9 mth and then quite a bit 18mth-24 mth items) It feels very weird to have so much stuff ready already but its also very exciting!

How is everyone doing?

We had a busy weekend! Went to a friend's house on the beach to have a mini-reunion with a bunch of my friends from grad school. It was a good time but definitely made me think about how much my life is changing. There were some outlets in the area so my hubby and I did some shopping for little Aria which was a lot of fun.

I think she has flipped around. I used to feel all the movement on my left side, which is where her feet were during my 21 week scan but now I fell all the movement in the middle. I also feel more pressure in my pelvis so I think she has gotten into position :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->