Pregnancy - April 2012

blakesmom - that is a really neat way to tell people. Very cute!

We haven't told anyone yet. I wanted to wait until the 1st appointment before telling our family.

Thanks DJF!!! When is your first appointment??

We haven't told anyone yet. I wanted to wait until the 1st appointment before telling our family.

I almost wish I didnt have such a big mouth. We seem to tell someone new every day and we originally wanted JUST our parents and siblings to know. (my mother in law has told the whooooollllee family as of this weekend)

When are you planning on telling your employers?

My first appointment is Aug 25th. We plan to tell our family after that. But I think my mother-in-law might already know something is up. They knew we were trying and she asked me about it a couple of weeks ago and I just tried to avoid the question :) We might cave and tell before the appointment. Mu husbands family is having a party on Aug 20th at my brother-in-laws. They usually don't serve the best food at these shindigs and will most likely serve frozen hamburgers and hot digs - neither of which sound very appealing right now. So I a m either not going to go or will tell them I am pregnant and have MS so I can bring my own food.

I am going to start telling people at work around 12 weeks I think but not set on that. What about you?

MS has definitely kicked in! So nauseous today.

Hi,
I cant stop telling people either..its terrible! But I dont feel so bad about it now that we have had an early scan. We saw a gorgeous strong heartbeat so was over the moon (see avatar!) only 5+5 when we had it so think we were lucky. Got another scan booked for the 18th :) cant wait!! Also got my midwife app on wed, dont know what to expect there really but we will see.

Im really starting to feel sick all day now :( not just in the mornings. Not actually been sick yet but the nausea is horrid :( soooo tired as well, love the weekends when i can nap!

How are you all today?

CertainTurton - that's great news!

I think I need the first scan for it to feel more real to me. Not that I don't feel pregnant - I have MS, am fatigued, and my BB's are huge (for me). I think my BBs might give me away before anything else :)

I haven't been sick yet either but feel really nauseous. If I have something small to eat ever hour or two I feel better.

Hey all,

DJF/Missangie - know what you mean - I told my long time friend (as we had both had trouble conceiving and she knows what this means to me)... and my mum - as I needed some 1:1 support at the beginning...... apart from that - no plans to tell my employer until at least the 16th week - when most of the tests are out of the way.... (at least!)....

Turton - know what you mean about the nausea.. I'm ok as long as I'm eating.... and mainly carbs atm - toast, bread, crumpets and bagels (last time it was non-stop spaghetti!).... but *shrugs* I need the energy and just cant even think about anything sugary... *bleurgh*....

Phoned the docs today to ask for some anti-sickness pills, receiptionist just said "sorry - no docs in today, call tomorrow"... felt very annoyed and non-worthy... and just plain disgusted with how they treat people........

Apart from that - work is way too busy and too stressful and I need a nap!

Hope you are all doing well,

P
xxxx

Purpleish- sorry you are feeling so rubbish, its terrible there are no doctors!! Hopefully you can get something soon. Yeah I am also having to eat all the time, it does help a bit - when you mentioned crumpets my tummy rumbled...think i may be buying some of those this evening :haha:

DJF- yeah it did make it much more real, especially for DH, bless him! was lovely. do you have a scan booked? hope your nausea doesnt get any worse! My bb are also getting much bigger (and sorer!) need to go bra shopping this weekend i think!!

certainTurton - thanks! me too :) Eating definitely helps.

They are doing a scan on Aug 25th. I might also get one on Aug 26th - not sure. I see a high risk doctor on the 25th where they are doing a scan and I see my regular OB on the 26th for the first time. I am at a slightly increased risk for blood clots so I need to see the high risk OB to talk about blood thinners. However, I talked to him when we were TTC and he said I probably wouldn't need any.

Hi ladies. I haven't been able to get on because we have been moving and I have had no internet. I went to the doc last week for back pain and they did a scan. There was a heartbeat!!! Yay! The ultrasound tech dated me at 6wks 6 days which is impossible. I think I was more around 5wks 4 days. My beta levels were 29555! Isn't that really high for 5 wks. We only saw one sac and the doc didn't mention it, but on my lab printout it says they are high. Strange. I don't know what to think. I hope you all have been doing well and your little beans are nice and healthy!

I almost wish I didnt have such a big mouth. We seem to tell someone new every day and we originally wanted JUST our parents and siblings to know. (my mother in law has told the whooooollllee family as of this weekend)

When are you planning on telling your employers?

Thought about telling my employer today but chickend out--maybe at the end of the week...

Ive told my boss now, but hadnt really intended on it yet...I was all upset and she was having a go so I though I would tell her so she would back off a bit (she didnt!) I think she is still in denial. She also told me MS isnt 'real' sickness....shocking!
I will tell HR when I hit 12 weeks I think...hurry up time :)

Ive told my boss now, but hadnt really intended on it yet...I was all upset and she was having a go so I though I would tell her so she would back off a bit (she didnt!) I think she is still in denial. She also told me MS isnt 'real' sickness....shocking!
I will tell HR when I hit 12 weeks I think...hurry up time :)

Ugh, that's horrible. It is definitely real!!! I thought about telling a coworker yesterday because I felt so sick but I didn't.

How is everyone feeling? I am nauseous pretty much 24/7 but haven't thrown up. Hopefully it stays that way.

heya
Very nauseous in the mornings... just have to keep eating the carbs.... lots of bread and pasta! oh well... nothing I can do.. only thing that works,
super nervous about my scan.....
hope you're all doing ok,
P
x

Hi!
My nausea has been pretty much 24/7 unless I am eating or exercising. I have ate like a horse today just to try to keep it at bay while at work.
How is everyone doing today?

sooo tired. but my boobs dont hurt as much today which of course has me worried. lol I wont stop worrying until I actually see my baby on the screen and hear his/her heartbeat. (I bet even after that I will find somehting to worry about? ugh I hope not!)

DJF I am also eating sooo much, it does keep the nausea away tho. Ive been really bad with exercise...just have no energy.

Missangie - I also worry when a symptom fades but they always seem to pop up again :) When is your 1st scan?

AFM- I just had my 1st midwife appointment this morn, was just going through the forms etc, did urine but got to go to the hosp for bloods (no problem as I work there). Taken the morning off so just relaxing until I have to back to work :) Got an extra half hr in bed too-wooop!

Heya,
Nightmare of a day - up every hour-2 hrs last night with my son... and then car wouldnt start this morning, nausea constant... started to wear accupunture bands and just need to keep my carb level high.. lots of pasta and bread again!

P
x

Purpleish - sounds like a nightmare of a day. Do the acupuncture bands work? Where do you get them?

I have never experienced MS before - this is my first pregnancy. Gotta say it's no joke. I don't think I have ever felt so horrible. I have definitely felt more nauseous then this and thrown up but have never experienced anything so constant. I have been eating a ton as it makes me feel better for a little while. I am going to put on so much weight!

How is everyone today?

certainturton, my first appt and scan is sep 6th. I can hardly wait!!!

As for fading symptoms, my nipples have been SO sore today. I also havent been feeling very good. not super nauseous like I will throw up, just feeling yucky in the morning and then agin in the afternoon. Pretty excited to be 6 weeks though!!

DJF, I was just thinking that I bet I will gain a ton of weight. Im almost nervous for my appt to see how much I weigh because I am so hungry all the time, I just snack and snack. Im trying to eat good foods thouhg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->