Pregnancy - April 2012

Told my boss today--and a co-worker on accident and than that co-worker told my other co-worker....the list is growing with people who know.

Told my boss today--and a co-worker on accident and than that co-worker told my other co-worker....the list is growing with people who know.

How did your boss react? I should probably tell mine soon considering I work 45 hours a week and teach gymnastics to kids (babies to 6 yr olds mostly)

Morning!

Missange - I am also snack snack snacking!! Its terrible but so far ive only put on 1 lb...think the baby is taking all my nutrients. I am also just feeling rough, havent actually been ill yet, just nauseous in morn, when hungry (always) and afternoons like you.

Blakesmom - Ive been terrible...just cant keep a secret at all!!! Hoping all is ok at the next scan.

Purple - sorry to hear you had such a bad day :( hope you can rest up now :hugs:

DJF - :hugs: do whatever you can to help the nausea and dont worry about the weight :) I find having a glass of milk/banana before bed really helps with the morning sickness.

I have been having a few little twinges 'down there' and it scared me a bit, but its not really cramping and got no blood so FX its just stretching and making room etc.

Good morning!

CertainTurton - Sounds like everything is okay :) I have had a few twinges here and there also. Sometimes I think it is just gas.

I tried eating right before going to bed last night and that seemed to help. I had some popcorn. Yesterday was definitely the worse. I had nausea which only felt better when I ate plus indigestion that made me not want to eat. Today has been off to an okay start. Picked up some ginger ale on my way to work which seems to help plus didn't feel as bad when I woke up. Sense of smell has definitely kicked in a notch.

Hope everyone is doing well!

How did your boss react? I should probably tell mine soon considering I work 45 hours a week and teach gymnastics to kids (babies to 6 yr olds mostly)

My Boss is really great about family stuff as he is mormon and has a large family himself. He said he knew already--he could just sense it lol. So he was relieved it is a pregnancy and not something more--he always gets paranoid someone will quit lol

Hey all,
will share news tmrw ,but hope you're all doing well - *hugs* to all!
P
x

Good morning! How is everyone today? Hope you had a good weekend.

My weekend was fairly relaxing. Made it through lunch with another couple without feeling sick, which was an accomplishment :) The nausea has been pretty bad. And I think my commute to work is making it worse as I take a train and it moves around a lot. Looking forward to the 1st tri being over! My first appointment is next week so excited!!

My husband and I each told our best friends that we are pregnant but haven't told anyone else yet.

so so sick--luckily I only work Mon-Thursday so only 3 more days until my weekend---but tomorrow is going to be a VERY busy day @ work---not looking forward to it : (

the nausea for me has been bad too, DJF. It woke me up at 5am and I went into the bathroom and was dry heaving. Ugh. I also woke up at 6 and tried to eat some dry cereal in bed but that didnt help. Hubby bought some gingerale today, I wonder if that will help. Have you found anything that helps you?

Doesnt it feel SO good to tell someone? I cant wait till I can tell anyone and everyone.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly blakesmom and missangie :( I think im being quite lucky with only feel queasy all day. Mine is loads worse in the mornings (almost throwing up) but I do find that eating a ginger biscuit helps, so I imagine ginger ale will help too, it certainly does with seasickness - fx for you...only 5 more weeks...urgh!

Hopefully the MS doesn't last too long for all of us!! This is definitely one of the worst things I have experienced. I haven't thrown up but have gagged a few times. The worse part is that the nausea is there all the time.

missangie - a few things have helped a little bit. If I have something small to eat every hour or two that helps. I have been having some indigestion on top of the nausea and they are sometimes hard to tell apart so Tums sometimes help. I am mostly eating whole grains and dairy. I try to eat fruits and veggies but they are a lot harder to eat. Exercise has also helped - I don't feel like doing anything when I feel sick but the nausea goes away for the period I am exercising and that motivates me.

Hey All...
Sorry to hear that the MS is affecting us all.. perhaps its just the time of year or something lol.... I had a rough day yesterday - felt sick all day and all night... not enough to dry heave, but just didnt know what to do with myself!.

I find myself limiting what I'm eating... so I'm sticking to heavy carbs, bread, pasta (basic tomato sauce).. and thats pretty much it - cant stand anything sweet, no milk or anything.... have tried flavoured water with mixed success......

only thing that i have found works are my anti-sea-sickness accupunture bands... but cant keep them on forever!

Jacobs cream crackers are always in my bag though and seem to be helping me through the very tough spots...

*hugs* to all... if you find anything that works please share :)..... I have an appt with the doc tmrw... yes its early, but i wanted to see if she could help with the MS... and got a cancellation, but my official 8 wk scan is next week....

SUPER nervous - anyone else?

purple
x

I am too sick to be nervous ... lol :) My scan is next week .. can't wait. Even my hubby has been doing a countdown.

Purpleish - where did you get the sea sickness bands?

Hey DJF....
The bands I picked up from the local chemist - I'm pretty sure boots sells them as part of their travel section... u can try to see if it works for u prior to spending money... if you look at the inside of your wrist, you should see the two tendons running down the centre?... about an inch down from where your hand joins your wrist, press between the two tendons and hold, take some deep breaths and see how you do....

Unfortunately, you cant hold both wrists at the same time! lol....

:)

Hmmm seems like it might work or it could just be wishful thinking :) I might go look for some. Now how to walk around work with the bands on without looking suspicious???

Might be able to do that! Luckily it hasn't been 100F for the last week. Just got sick for the first time in the bathroom at work. Good thing no one else was around :) Have to say I feel a lot better now - hope that lasts for a bit!

Hope everyone is doing well and getting through the MS okay!!!

So I have been feeling a lot better since I got sick. However, I had read somewhere that chewing gum during pregnancy can help with indigestion which may in turn help with nausea. I have been chewing gum all afternoon and it seems to help. I might be because I have indigestion which it is helping or just because I tend to feel better when my mouth is busy. Thought I would share :)

love all the helpful hints ladies! Thank you!

I had some gingerale today, not sure if it helped or not but Im gonna try that again tomorrow. Also tried to eat small snacks often.

Really worried about my work day tomorrow, I work 13 hours every Wednesday so I packed a huge bag of food for my meals and tons of snacks and hoping I feel somewhat decent tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->