Private Recovery Rooms?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Just a quick question for you ladies about private recovery rooms at your hospital ...

Do you automatically get one after the birth or do yours offer them but charge you ... and if so how much are they charging you?

Im very interested to see how this differs accross the country/world

I was given one because of my birth

It was traumatic (forceps & 92 stitches)

It was a lovely little room lol

i think... but not 100% sure... that at the hospital i am delivering at you automatically get a private room. i've visited a few friends there, and they've always had the room to themselves.
but, i'm not sure if it would be different if there was too many people there.

Our hospital has LDRP rooms (labour, delivery, recovery and postnatal)

Basically you have your baby there and stay there until you're ready to go home. They're quite big rooms with an en suite :) and your birthing partners can stay there with you.

Basically you have your baby there and stay there until you're ready to go home. They're quite big rooms with an en suite :) and your birthing partners can stay there with you.

I like the idea of that

Is that for every woman I take it?

If you have a straight forward birth, you can request one and it's £50 a night.

If you have a traumatic birth or c-section you are automatically given one.

Either way I'll be taking a private room!

I like the idea of that

Is that for every woman I take it?

Yup, thats the only rooms they have in the maternity unit. (unless you have to go to a ward after the birth)

Mine charge £90 PER NIGHT!!

Obviously you get one if you've had a traumatic birth and whatnot but £90? Jesus i could stay at the travel inn for half that price and the rooms would be a lot nice lol

Mine asked me, if I wanted one I would have been charged. My insurance did pay for a semi-private (shared with one other person) but honestly I don't know that it was much better than the ward. Mostly because the people we shared with were horrible! If I'd known we were going to be in for 3.5 days I would have asked for a private and just paid the cost

Say that to them :rofl:

'I'd like my baby brought to me through the night for breastfeeding, but btw I'll be down the road at the travel inn because frankly it's cheaper '

:rofl:

Mine charge £90 PER NIGHT!!

Obviously you get one if you've had a traumatic birth and whatnot but £90? Jesus i could stay at the travel inn for half that price and the rooms would be a lot nice lol

And you'd get a decent brekkie :rofl:

At my hospital if you give birth at the midwife led birthing centre you get a private room for birth and recovery with ensuite. If you give birth in the consultant led hospital next door you recover in a ward. There is also the option to give birth and recover in the private wing which you obviously pay for.

Oh that's weird :s NHS charging for rooms I mean...

Even tho I had a traumatic birth including emergency c-section, a shock with being told Jessica's leg wasn't developed and she was disabled, and developed bedsores due to their negligance I would have had to pay the £65 per night for a room to myself.

I wonder how much it costs to go private to have your baby in this country? Dont thin many of us do because the NHS is "just there"

*Off she scoots to investigate*

Even tho I had a traumatic birth including emergency c-section, a shock with being told Jessica's leg wasn't developed and she was disabled, and developed bedsores due to their negligance I would have had to pay the £65 per night for a room to myself.

How come you managed to get bedsores? I thought you were supposed to get up on your own and move around after a csection?

I wonder how much it costs to go private to have your baby in this country? Dont thin many of us do because the NHS is "just there"

*Off she scoots to investigate*

like 4-5k lol not cheap.

About £4,000. Trust me I looked into it! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back