Private Recovery Rooms?

My hospital (well actually a small midwife unit attached to a hospital) has a special 'OH Room' where if a woman is in labour her OH can take a break and go into a private room where there's a TV, DVD player, fridge, snacks, tea & coffee facilities, and a private bathroom. It's so cute, but it's strictly OHs only. :)

My hospital has 6 private en suite rooms, priority is given to emergency c section mummies but if there is one available you can have it for £85 a night. I will be doing this if possible x x

mine is a people who need it more basis too, if you have an easy birth (as it can possibly get lol) then u will be in and out within a day anyway so are put on a ward, but if you have any complications subject to availability you can have a room, but you MAY be asked to pay (think if more than one person is asking you pay to get it!) not sure how much think it was £40 a night last year.

Mines just liek that Jaylene hun and iam in the uk , So not allways canada dont worry .

Come live in Grimsby girls , You can have your own room . OR ill be real sweet and share mine lol with you lol . xxxx .

i had a traumatic birth (emergency c-section) and was put on a ward. I thought this was the norm? I didn't even think to ask about a private room.

Ours is £95 a night too-hopefully ill only be staying in max 24 hours though and Im sure can cope with nasties for that long so I fully intend to stay on the ward. :baby:

Im <hopefully!!> giving birth at the hospital opposite Ascot Racecourse- thank GOD its not gonna be racing week when im due. . .id end up giving birth in the car its sooooooo busy!!! :rofl: x x

You ladies could all try home births, they're free and your own private space! lol

That'd be great if I could just have a straightforward pregnancy:hissy::hissy::hissy:

I can't even give birth on the midwife led suite and may still need a c-section yet coz of this bloody great cyst on my placenta:cry::cry::cry:

All the rooms at the hospital where I am delivering have private recovery rooms free of charge. They are small but have a nice little bathroom and even a blowdryer in them. The first hospital I delivered in did not offer this and sharing a room was awful! My roomate had visitors constantly and I had to listen to their advice all day long.

My friend's baby was born with major problems and was tranferred immediately to ICU. (When i say major she is now 4 months and still in hospital) Mum was made to stay in the ward with other new mums and babies. And hubby wasn't allowed with her or baby because it wasn't visiting hours. Nice.
She discharged herself out and was home less than 24 hours after her emergency section because of that insensitivity.

TBH im not overly bothered about having a private room if the birth is pretty straightfoward, the ward at my hospital is split into sections of 4 so its just like sharing a room with 3 other women.

Its only if i need to stay more than one night i would want a private room but at that kind of price i dont think i'll be paying that .. grrr

I wonder how much it costs to go private to have your baby in this country? Dont thin many of us do because the NHS is "just there"

*Off she scoots to investigate*

£3800 down here - believe me, I looked into it!

I'm prepared to pay for a private room as long as it's not more than about £80 per night. I'm REALLY not thrilled about the idea of sharing a room/toilet/washing facilities with lots of other women. Call me a snob, but some women are just nasty.

I wore crocs in the shower when I was in hospital. I didnt standing on a damp bathroom floor unsure of what made the puddle.... might be an idea :) xXx

I have 'shower shoes' that I used to go up the waterfalls in Jamaica, so i'll be taking those in and throwing them away afterwards.

I'm more concerned about the 'mess' people leave behind on toilets etc... Just because someone's just had a baby, doesn't make them exempt from clearing up their own blood and gore!

You ladies could all try home births, they're free and your own private space! lol

I'd love to, but I'm just too scared that something might go wrong and as it's my first, I'd rather be near all the meds.

Mines just liek that Jaylene hun and iam in the uk , So not allways canada dont worry .

Come live in Grimsby girls , You can have your own room . OR ill be real sweet and share mine lol with you lol . xxxx .

Is your hospital quite new? Ours is only a few years old so the maternity unit is brand new. It would be good if all new hospitals are going to go down this route in regards to private rooms :happydance:

My hospital is quite new probably about 6 years old....and the rooms are 4 bedded and they have a few side rooms with private toilet. As far as I know you cant pay for a side room but am hoping as I work in the hospital and know alot of the docs in gynae/obs I might get given a side room...but if not I will be sharing with 3 others....if I cant sleep and have to stay more than just the one night I will be out of there and back home.

Great tip about shower shoes...might have to find some.

Emma.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->