Private Recovery Rooms?

I was given the epidural at 6.45AM and didnt have the section untill 11.52pm so that was rather a long time and by the time all the affects had worn off that I could move on my own it was too late. I am a big girl you see and I think the added weight contributed. I should have apparently been put on a special air flow matress or something so I Was told afterwards.

I was given the epidural at 6.45AM and didnt have the section untill 11.52pm so that was rather a long time and by the time all the affects had worn off that I could move on my own it was too late. I am a big girl you see and I think the added weight contributed. I should have apparently been put on a special air flow matress or something so I Was told afterwards.

Oh I see. Yes you probably should have been put on a pressure matress but the hospital don't have matresses lying around you see. They have to order them from whoever they have a contract with which takes quite a few hours.

Holy Cow ...

Midwife Led Delivery All inclusive maternity package available from 12th week of pregnancy £7,975*

Core Midwifery Package Delivery package based on joining from from 36th week of pregnancy £4,975*

Then again that is at the portland, still thats a shedload of money for what? They dont actually do anything to you apart from let you have your baby there lol

Shame they didn't forsee the problem as I was in a week before I had her! But it won't happen again now I know :) Still think I should have gotten a special room tho, tight gits :)

Holy Cow ...

Midwife Led Delivery All inclusive maternity package available from 12th week of pregnancy £7,975*

Core Midwifery Package Delivery package based on joining from from 36th week of pregnancy £4,975*

Then again that is at the portland, still thats a shedload of money for what? They dont actually do anything to you apart from let you have your baby there lol

Makes £90 per night seem like pocket money eh :)

I think I'd be starstruck if I went to the portland as I watch portland babies on discovery health so much :rofl:

i got put straight on a ward with a stupid bint that kept opening the god damn window and we were right next to the window wasnt impressed

Our local Hospital charges £30 per nite and £45 for en-suite for private rooms.
Sometimes given how labour or how section went you are given a private room.
Also your history may be taken into accout, because Taylor died i have been told ill be induced on delivery and kept there instead of on the labour ward for my own sanity and if there is a private room available i will given 1.

V x x

i hadnt thought about it before! i might call my hospital to check incase i do have to go in

Ive spoke to my consultant about this and if you have a traumatic birth you are giving one but otherwise you can pay £20 a night

I wonder how much it costs to go private to have your baby in this country? Dont thin many of us do because the NHS is "just there"

*Off she scoots to investigate*

There is no private maternity hospitals in my region at all. The fooballers wives etc have to go far afield or make do with the local hospital and pay for a side room afterwards....if there's one available:dohh:.

My friend was in a bed next to a footballers wife last year in Wythenshawe Hospital (can't remember who it was now:dohh:) and she was demanding to be put in a side room and pay but there wasn't one free....it didn't matter what kind of a fuss she kicked up...if there was already people in the side rooms, there wasn't anything anyone could do for her was there????:hissy: :rofl:silly cow....how thick can you get???:dohh::dohh::dohh:

Holy Cow ...

I'd have given birth by the time I got halfway there:dohh::rofl:

I wonder how much it costs to go private to have your baby in this country? Dont thin many of us do because the NHS is "just there"

£3800 down here - believe me, I looked into it!

I'm prepared to pay for a private room as long as it's not more than about £80 per night. I'm REALLY not thrilled about the idea of sharing a room/toilet/washing facilities with lots of other women. Call me a snob, but some women are just nasty.

Ours charges £150 a night but again if you have a traumatic birth or c-section you get one for free. We looked at private pregnancy and delivery package at Mums in Solihull it worked out at close to £8,000

£3800 down here - believe me, I looked into it!

I'm prepared to pay for a private room as long as it's not more than about £80 per night. I'm REALLY not thrilled about the idea of sharing a room/toilet/washing facilities with lots of other women. Call me a snob, but some women are just nasty.

I wore crocs in the shower when I was in hospital. I didnt standing on a damp bathroom floor unsure of what made the puddle.... might be an idea :) xXx

I'm not sure if my mother's insurance covers private or semi-private.. I definitely couldn't imagine not having extended coverage and just having the standard ward accomodations though!! I think I may take private and pay the extra money though even if it's not covered just to have my own space.. I don't care if it costs $200, I think the expense is worth it to have my own bathroom and stuff.

You ladies could all try home births, they're free and your own private space! lol

Id hadnt thought about sharing washing facilities.... some people are gross. I was more concerned with my OH having to leave me on the ward. If I want a private room I have to go without an epidural. I need to weigh up which is more important. Privacy and comfort or pain relief? I have no idea.

mine charges a £100 per night i think it was. but i had one as i had tramatic birth. it would haev cost me £500 if i had to pay though.

Just check that you get your own en-suite with the private room. My hopsital charges £150 a night and the rooms don't all have their own en-suite, a couple have them, some are shared between a couple of private rooms and others don't have them at all - and you can't request which room you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->