Private Recovery Rooms?

Think it's about £50 a night and im def booking one (having a c-section so hopefully ill get one anyway) I had a pretty horrendous birth with Chloe i was awake for about 3 days and they had no side rooms. I got put in a room with a right bunch of women, i do not want to go through that again!!!

Thankfully im at a different Hosp this time lol

I haven't got a clue about our hospital!!! Will have to find out.x

I'm going private and paying £6,000 for midwife led care at the Lansdell Suite, which is actually alot cheaper than some of the other places I've been looking at.

Just would not be able to share a room or be on a ward... just the way I am!!

Just hope I don't give birth in the car on the way to the hospital :dohh:

I hadn't thought of that, will call hossie tomorrow! The tours were booked up until dec.22.....

I didnt get a private room and i had a traumatic birth ending in csection. The critera clearly varies a lot

Mines the same as Blahs ,,,

The room you go in when you first arrive is the one you stay in till u go home , Its a private room with en suit bathroom . xxx .

You ladies could all try home births, they're free and your own private space! lol

That's what I was thinking! I'm having a homebirth, but if I need to be taken into hospital, I've chosen "Home from Home" which is one private room with ensuite and a mini-kitchen from the moment you arrive at hospital to the minute you leave

When I was in hospital at 28 weeks it was on a shared ward and wasn't too bad. It wasn't post natal though, so all the women were getting induced, waiting for sections, or waiting to go into delivery so you can imagine how interesting that was.

Although most Mums were lovely, when the ward emptied and it was just me left a new woman came in with her teenage kids. The teenagers used the patient bathroom, listened to loud music on their phones, talked over said loud music to each other, and I generally wanted to throttle the lot of them!

At least in a private room it's your own space and you can close the door on the rest of the hospital!

Yeah my mum's friend did home from home and you have a sink, kettle and cups for hot drinks

Oh thats nice! I had vision of microwave ovens and ready meals!

No sorry thats me using the wrong words....how ace would a cooker and stuff be? lol

I think your OH can stay with u as well

Im too scared to eat during labour in case i do a poo poos!:blush:

Not sure I want to reply to this thread....:blush: But PP wanted to know how things differ around the world :hugs:

Because I am delivering in a hospital that only has private rooms I am not charged as my provincial health care pays for it. We have pretty big rooms and our OH's are provided a cot to sleep on while we are there in labor. They can use the provate bathroom as well.

Please don't hate me...:rofl: I am just participating.

I am so sorry to hear how expensive it is for all you mommy's....come here to deliver!!! I will let you stay with me!!! :hugs:

Not sure I want to reply to this thread....:blush: But PP wanted to know how things differ around the world :hugs:

Because I am delivering in a hospital that only has private rooms I am not charged as my provincial health care pays for it. We have pretty big rooms and our OH's are provided a cot to sleep on while we are there in labor. They can use the provate bathroom as well.

Please don't hate me...:rofl: I am just participating.

I am so sorry to hear how expensive it is for all you mommy's....come here to deliver!!! I will let you stay with me!!! :hugs:

Gotta love Canada! :happydance:

Canada just seems to be the best of all countries, make me up a camp bed Jaylene...I'm flying over lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->